Nursery and Baby Kicks

Prequel Set - Uri Sarang Bit (Our Love Light)

Prequel Set 3 – Nursery and Baby Kicks

Month: 5

Week: 17

He had seen lots of changes in her since her pregnancy. She was more bubbly, happy, a lot more talkative, always having that silly grin on her face and so on. Most changes are positive, so he was not as worried as he thought he should be. She was changing physically as well. A bit round in the stomach area, which he was proud of seeing. That was the evidence, his baby, his child, his blood, growing inside the womb belonging to the woman he loved. Then there was also her interesting beauty. Her skin was glowing as if diamonds were shining on them. The radiant look which was emanating from her was really breath-taking.

Yonghwa was still feeling as if he was floating in cloud nine. He still could not believe that he was going to be a father very very soon. It felt as if he was dreaming. But upon seeing Seohyun wobbling around in and out of the kitchen, in her loose dress, but visible baby bump on her stomach, made him fell back into reality. It was not a dream, it was indeed happening.

Yonghwa continued to watch his dear wife silently as she busied herself in the kitchen. She was definitely cooking something. But Yonghwa had no idea what. Finally, after being tired of watching her running around, Yonghwa stopped with his song-composing and joined his wife in the kitchen. The sight in the kitchen was unbelievable, lots of ingredients being displayed on the cupboard tops, pans and pots on the stove steaming out. Yonghwa guessed that Seohyun might be cooking more than one dish. But who was going to be eating them? It was only him and her.

"What is this?" Yonghwa asked, pointing to the stove. Seohyun looked at him and smiled.

"I'm cooking." She answered sweetly as she continued to do her cutting of onions.

"Hm, I could see that. But isn't it too much food for us?"

"Aniyo. It's not just for us yeobo." Seohyun said. Yonghwa looked at her in alarm. Will there be people coming?

"What do you mean, not just us?"

"I invited them over!" Seohyun exclaimed as a matter of fact.

"Who?"

"Jonghyun, Minhyuk and Jungshin chingoo!"

"Them?!"

"Ne."

"How come I wasn't informed?"

"Huh? I thought I had?" Seohyun was now putting chicken into the simmering soup making Yonghwa's mouth watered.

"No you didn't."

"Then I must have forgotten then." Seohyun shrugged but still smiling.

"Aigoo!" Yonghwa sighed. "But why?"

"It's been so long since I've met them." Seohyun pouted.

"But you've just met them last week!" Yonghwa was flabbergasted. "It was just last week!"

"Ah? Sinchia-yo? I thought it had been months." Seohyun laughed. "Well, nevermind, since I've already invited them."

"They're noisy." Yonghwa complained.

"Aish sinchia. At least they are helping us!" Seohyun grinned.

"Help us? Do what?"

"Do up the nursery room for our baby. You forget? And the baby stuff are arriving later!"

"What baby stuff?" Yonghwa asked looking more confused than ever.

"The stuff I ordered online. I didn't tell you?" Seohyun frowned, tilting her head to the side.

"No. Hyun-ah..." Yonghwa whined.

"Well, I must have forgotten again." Seohyun shrugged for the second time. Yonghwa shook his head. It was so unlike Seohyun to forget things. Yonghwa decided to let the matter rest.

"Hyun-ah, cooking so much will make you tired you know that?" Yonghwa walked over to Seohyun, who was now busy cutting vegetables, and hugged her from behind. He rest his head on her shoulder. "I don't want you to be too tired. It'll affect our baby." Yonghwa had one of his hands rubbing her stomach gently, feeling the baby bump.

"Aigoo, kwenchana. Don't worry so much will you." Seohyun turned her head and gave a peck on her husband's cheek. "Now, you go and continue composing your songs and I'll be ready soon enough. Pali!"

"Ahrasso. And be careful with the knife. Don't cut yourself!" Yonghwa reminded as he marched out of the kitchen and headed straight to where his keyboard and guitar stood waiting. It was amazing to Yonghwa just how her kiss on his cheek could make him give in to all that she desired for. 'She's amazing.' Yonghwa chuckled.

 

*****

 

"Ja-jannn!" Seohyun let her hands down from his eyes, allowing him to see all the food which had been prepared single-handedly by her.

"Wah! They look delicious!" Yonghwa said as he allowed his hand to wander to one of the dish but was immeditely stopped by Seohyun.

"Andwae! We have to wait for the guests to arrive." Seohyun scolded him.

"Aish! Sinchia. Ahrasso." Yonghwa pouted causing Seohyun to laugh.

"HYUNGSOO-NIM! WE'RE HERE!"

"Aigoo! The boys are here." Yonghwa sighed.

"Go on. Open the door for them." Seohyun said, pushing Yonghwa to the door. Yonghwa did as he was told.

"Hyung! We brought presents!" Minhyun said as he entered the house, nodding his head at Yonghwa before pushing him to the side. The other two, Jungshin and Jonghyun, did the same and followed Minhyuk from behind. They walked up straight to Seohyun, greeted her enthusiastically and handed her the gifts.

"Aigoo! What's all these big boxes?" Seohyun asked, the boxes which were placed on the floor as they was too big for her to hold it up.

"Well, they're gifts for our future nephew or niece." Jungshin explained. Jonghyun and Minhyuk nodded.

"Sinchia-yo? Aigoo! You shouldn't have." Seohyun was beaming.

"We wanted to. In fact, he or she is our first nephew or niece." Jungshin pointed to Seohyun's stomach, making her smile proudly. "So we want to show that we're dependable uncles!"

"Ehem ehem." Yonghwa slid past the boys and struggled his way to his wife's side. "You guys are here early."

"Early? We're on time." Jonghyun said as he checked his watch.

"Don't mind him, come sit down." Seohyun gestured for the boys to sit down in the living room.

"Oh, what time are the baby stuff arriving?" Jonghyun asked looking at Yonghwa who gaped at him.

"You mean you know it's coming today?"

"Of course. Hyungsoo-nim told us when she invited us over." Jungshin answered while munching on crackers which were prepared on the coffee table in the living room. "That's why we brought our gifts here today, to add on to the nursery."

"Great. Everybody knows the baby stuff's coming except for me." Yonghwa sighed dejectedly, sitting down on the sofa beside Minhyuk. That was one of the pregnancy changes which Yonghwa noticed in Seohyun as well. It seemed that she remembered to tell everybody else other than him about what was happening. Nowadays, he was the last one to know. 'Who knows when it's time to deliver the baby, she'll even forget to inform me.' Yonghwa thought.

"Hey cheer up hyung!" Minhyuk gave a light punch on his shoulder. "You're a father to be. You should smile often!"

"Easy for you to say." Yonghwa mumbled, his eyes gazing at Seohyun who was having a happy time opening the presents her brother-in-laws brought.

 

*****

 

Everyone was gathered at the table for lunch. Seohyun had made chicken stew, beef with black pepper sauce, sweet and sour fish and chinese style vegetable dish. The boys were eating well causing Seohyun to beam proudly. They were also praising her for the delicious food which she had prepared and they were amazed that her cooking skills had improved tremendously.

"Of course! She's my wife!" Yonghwa had said. "Go find your own wife who can cook for you these deicious food."

"Yeah yeah, we know. There's no need to rub it in." Jonghyun said as he threw an irritated look towards Yonghwa.

"The effect of two years of marriage." Seohyun said smiling, as she stood up to clear the table. "People learn from mistakes, me included."

"Hyungsoo-nim, we'll do the clearing. You've done enough." Minhyuk stood up, taking the plates from Seohyun's hands.

"Yeah, let us do it. You go and rest." Jungshin added.

"Eeey, kwenchana-yo. You're our guests, let me do it."

"Aniyo. Hyung, you bring her to the front." Jonghyun ordered and Yonghwa just nodded, happy to do so.

"Hyun-ah, don't worry. You stay here and wait for the baby stuff to arrive." Yonghwa led her to the front porch and forced her to sit on the bench. "We'll clean up."

"But but..."

"No more buts. You rest okay darling." Yonghwa gave a soft kiss on her forehead before disappearing back into the house.

Seohyun smiled. Her favourite boys really adore her, in fact they were even pampering her even more eversince they knew she was pregnant. The feeling was nice of course. She promised herself that she was going to enjoy the pampering until the time she was ready to give birth.

 

*****

 

Two hours later, Seohyun found herself standing in front of a newly painted nursery room. Her husband and his bandmates had managed to paint the room with cheerful and calm colours. Seohyun had picked her two favourite colours for the room. Light blue for the ceiling and light pink for the walls. Even Yonghwa agreed the colours matched perfectly together. Then Yonghwa and Jonghyun decorated the walls with Keroro posters much to Seohyun's delight.

"I love it! Pink for So Nyuh Shi Dae and blue for CNBlue!" Seohyun exclaimed, clasping her hands together. "And Keroro too! Thank you so much!

"Aigoo. It was nothing." Jungshin grinned. "We are happy to help." Jonghyun and Minhyuk nodded in agreement.

"Hm, can we bring the baby cot in already?" Seohyun asked excitedly. "Then we can hang the mobile toy that Jonghyun bought just above the cot! How exciting!"

"Sure. I guess we can do that." Yonghwa said pulling Seohyun into a hug. "Finally our baby room's all done up!"

"Right." Seohyun tiptoed and placed a kiss on Yonghwa's lips, who willingly accepted.

Soon the baby cot was brought in, together with the newly fixed cupboard, a diaper changing table, a play pen and lots and lots of toys including Jungshin's gift, a large stuffed teddy bear and Minhyuk's gift, a rocking horse. Then, Seohyun brought in a few bags of baby's clothings with Minhyuk's help and started arranging the clothes in the cupboard. It was really a day full of excitement for both the future mother and father, and not forgetting the uncles. The day ended with lots of laughter and satisfaction.

 

*****

 

Month: 5

Week: 18

Seohyun eyed the weighing machine with slit eyes. She really hated it when the number on the machine just keep on increasing the moment she stepped on it. There was seriously no end to the increasing numbers. She knew she was putting on weight, but she did not expect it to be that much!

Seohyun sighed loudly causing Yonghwa to look up from reading the newspaper. His eyes followed Seohyun's line of vision. The weighing machine. Yonghwa grinned and put down the newspaper as he decided to observe his wife.

''How come I can see a frown here on your pretty face?'' Yonghwa asked, his fingers brushing against Seohyun's forehead. Seohyun turned to look at her husband with a pout which Yonghwa found it cute.

''I'm fat.'' Seohyun whined causing Yonghwa to laugh uncontrollably. ''I'm serious and there you are laughing at me.''

''Ahrasso. I won't laugh then.'' Yonghwa quickly stopped laughing. Indeed Seohyun looked mad.

''Do you think I look fat? I feel as if my cheeks are doubling up.'' Seohyun said as she placed both her hands on her cheeks.

''Ani. You look great! Still the pretty Seo Joohyun whom I know from the reality show, 'We Got Married!'' Yonghwa said in an emcee-like tone.

"Ah! Sinchia." Seohyun grinned. Yonghwa's random jokes always worked on her.

"But seriously, you do look great jagi-ya. Even if you put on weight now, you can always lose them again once you've given birth." Yonghwa said, his voice soothing.

"Hm, what you said is true actually." Seohyun agreed.

"Trust me darling. I will always love you even if you put on lots and lots of weight!" Yonghwa whispered into Seohyun's ear before kissing her cheeks and neck in an intentionally slow pace.

"Ommo!" Seohyun gasped causing Yonghwa to pull back hurriedly. Her hands were on her stomach, clutching it tightly. Yonghwa froze before he started to panic.

"Wae? What's wrong? Is your stomach hurting?" Yonghwa immediately placed his hand on top of Seohyun's. He was unable to read her facial expression.

"Ommo!" She gasped again. Yonghwa felt as if his world was falling.

"Hyun-ah! Don't scare me like this!" Yonghwa was almost crying. He could feel his heart beating unreasonably fast.

Suddenly Seohyun grabbed one of his hands and placed it on the right side of her stomach. Yonghwa looked at her with a worried expression. His eyes were red, on the verge of tears whereas Seohyun was looking very calm.

"Yeobo-ya, whisper into my ears again." Seohyun started saying. Yonghwa looked at her, surprised. Was she alright?

"Why?"

"Just do it." Seohyun urged him. "Pali!"

"Ahrasso." Yonghwa moved closer to Seohyun, his breath tickling her earlobes. "What should I say?"

"Anything!"

"Hm. Hyun? Are you hungry?" Yonghwa tried whispering.

Silence.

"Aigoo. Not like that." Seohyun sighed. "Try saying something to me, praising me like you did earlier. With-with that y voice of yours."

"y voice? Aigoo. What are you trying to prove?"

"Just do it!" Seohyun told him, almost losing her patience. Yonghwa just nodded and followed her demand.

"Hyun-ah," Yonghwa started to whisper, his voice low and husky. He could feel Seohyun shivering beside him. "Do you know that you look extraordinarily pretty right now? With that sparkling eyes, cute button nose and that y pout on your lips. I just want to kiss you senseless right now... OMMO!"

Seohyun grinned. Yonghwa looked at her with a shocked expression. "Did you feel that?" Seohyun asked, her eyes wide.

"I-I-I think I just did." Yonghwa stammered as he looked at his hand which was still placed on his wife's stomach. "What is it? Is it the baby?"

Seohyun nodded excitedly. "I think he just kicked me!"

"Sinchia? Ommo! There's another one!" Yonghwa laughed, feeling dizzy from happiness.

"That's our baby! He or she loves hearing your y voice!" Seohyun grinned.

"Hm, I think it's a she. Only females know how to appreciate this kind of y voice."

"Aigoo! You're so full of yourself." Seohyun shook her head, laughing. Yonghwa laughed along with her.

"I'm so happy Hyun-ah! I'm really really happy!" Yonghwa kissed the tip of her nose causing Seohyun to squirm in delight.

"I'm happy too Jung Yonghwa, to have you by my side, and carrying this precious child in my womb." Seohyun leaned into Yonghwa's embrace smiling brightly. All thoughts of being fat and putting on weight disappeared from her mind.

"I love you Seo Joohyun. Forever, always."