Prequel Set 9 Part 3 - Birth of Jung Hana

Prequel Set - Uri Sarang Bit (Our Love Light)

The Birth of Jung Hana

Month - Nil

Week - Nil
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
IT'S DELIVERY TIME!!!


Mr Seo had volunteered to drive both Yonghwa and Seohyun to the hospital. Yonghwa sat himself beside Seohyun holding her close to him. As the car started to move, Yonghwa suddenly remembered that he had forgotten to buckle the seatbelt on for Seohyun. So he leaned across Seohyun to pull onto the seatbelt but never did he expected to be suddenly pushed roughly by Seohyun herself. Her facial expression portrayed annoyance and Yonghwa was unable to do anything except to gulp nervously. Was this what the Joongki hyung was trying to tell him during their meet-up previously?

"Ah sinchia! What are you doing?" Seohyun asked. Her eyes were glaring intensely at him.

"I-I want to help you with the seatbelt." Yonghwa explained.

"Are you crazy? Nobody cares about the damn seatbelts when they're in labor!" Seohyun snapped.

Yonghwa was taken aback. His eyes shifted to the rear view mirror to see his father in law looking at him with an apologetic look in his eyes. Mr Seo gave a shrug before shifting his eyes back onto the road ahead. Yonghwa sighed dejectedly. He looked over at Seohyun who was shifting in her seat. She seemed uncomfortable. So Yonghwa slid nearer and pulled Seohyun back towards his chest. Seohyun sighed as she closed her eyes. Yonghwa smiled. At least she was not pulling herself away from his embrace. That was all he needed.

Yonghwa felt Seohyun reaching out for his hand. He smiled wider and allowed her to grasp it. But as soon as she held it, she started to squeeze it yet again. Yonghwa winced and he thought that it felt as if he was being electrified. And this time Seohyun's fingernails were biting into his skin, almost piercing right through his flesh!

Finally, after a few centuries later, Seohyun let go of his hand n breathed hard. Yonghwa turned to glare at his wife who just plainly ignored him. "Must you do that everytime?" Yonghwa asked. "Give me a sign at least Joohyun-ah."

Seohyun turned her head ever so slowly until she was looking at him straight in the eye. "Wae? Are you complaining now? I'm in pain for goodness sake!"

"Okay, okay I'm sorry." Yonghwa sighed, surrendering. He really did not want to trigger her anger during her labor. "You can do whatever you want with my hand. Just don't stress yourself. It'll affect the baby."

Seohyun shook her head in regret. "The baby? Just the baby? In the end it's all about the baby right? Never about me!"

"A-ani, I was just..."

"You just wanted the baby didn't you?! YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ME!" Seohyun suddenly shouted before crying hysterically. Her sobs got harder when Yonghwa placed his hand around her shoulder, trying to comfort her. "DON'T TOUCH ME!"

"Baby, listen to me..."

"SEE! YOU NEVER CALL ME BABY BEFORE! THAT'S THE PROOF YOU ONLY WANTED THE BABY AND NOT ME!" Seohyun wailed even louder.

"No! I did not mean it that way!" Yonghwa replied in a panic. Seohyun was struggling fiercely that it made even difficult for Yonghwa to put the situation under control.

"No! I don't want to listen to anything." Seohyun shook her head again, both her hands covering her ears. "I HATE YOU JUNG YONG HWA!"

Yonghwa was not able to do anything as he just sat there watching his wife continue to cry and scream without any reasons at all. Suddenly he felt the car being swerved sharply to the right, stopping suddenly at the road shoulder. Yonghwa gaped at his father in law who had turned his head towards him and Seohyun.

"Seo Joo Hyun." Mr Seo started speaking, his tone low and serious. "Your mother and I had never in our lives teach our daughter to be rude. Jung Yong Hwa here is your husband. Talking that way to him is definitely unacceptable. Doesn't matter if you are in labor or not. You should control yourself. As far as I'm concerned, he has been very sincere in looking after you, as you're his wife. He's doing everything he can to please you. And I know he's been doing this because he loves you. So will you stop putting the blames on him. And whatever you were saying earlier were just unreasonable."

Seohyun had her head bent down, biting her lips. Her father had always doted on her, and always talked to her in the most friendliest ways that she could ever think off. But on seldom occasions, when she might had accidentally did a mistake or whatsoever, he would just had to lower down his voice to that serious tone and Seohyun would get back to her senses, immediately. Similarly to the situation at hand. She looked timid for a moment, before nodding her head obediently.

"So what should you say to him?" Mr Seo was still in the midst of his lecture to his daughter.

"Mianhe. Mianhe yeobo-ya." Seohyun whispered as she looked at Yonghwa with tear-strained eyes. "I will not do it again." Seohyun started sobbing again as she leaned into Yonghwa embrace.

Yonghwa was suddenly speechless. He could do nothing except to return her hug. The next thing he knew was Mr Seo had gotten the car back on the road. Yonghwa looked at the rear view mirror. And for the second time that night, he met his father in law's eyes in the mirror. Yonghwa nodded at him whereas he just smiled before showing a thumbs up sign towards Yonghwa.

Yonghwa smiled in return. He felt good suddenly when Mr Seo suddenly took his side instead of his daughter's. That indeed felt good. But Yonghwa's smile soon faltered and he winced again when he felt his arms being gripped by Seohyun as she tried to overcome her contractions once again.

******

Yonghwa stood fixed to the ground helplessly as he watched Seohyun being pushed into the labor room to be observed first. His father in law stood beside him, his hand on Yonghwa's shoulder.

"She'll be fine." Mr Seo told him, his voice cool. "She's a strong girl, my daughter."

"I know." Yonghwa's reply was short. But his faith towards his father in law's words were indeed strong.

"Are all pregnant women like that?" Yonghwa asked as he motioned towards the labor room to his father in law.

Mr Seo laughed. "Ani, not all. But I sure do know of someone who had similar reactions as her."

"Really? Who?"

"Seohyun's mother. Your mother in law." Mr Seo nodded his head before breaking into laughter once again. "I still remember that time when she was about to deliver Seohyun. It was a hard time for me too. Just like you, I wasn't allowed to say anything. If I did, then she'd be screaming at me none stop."

"Aigoo. Now that I experienced it, I know how hard it is." Yonghwa shook his head. "But I'm lucky that you're there to back me up. She listens to you well."

"Of course. I'm her father." Mr Seo said, smiling. "At that time, my father in law did the same thing. He scolded Seohyun's omma for shouting at me. That I learnt from him. Now that you know too, please do the same thing in future, for your future son in law." Mr Seo laughed harder.

"Aigoo! Future son in law? It'll be a long time before she'll even get her first boyfriend, I'll make sure on that." Yonghwa grinned.

"Don't you know Yonghwa? Kids these days grow up fast." Mr Seo said, sadness in his eyes. "One moment you see she's a baby, still in your arms, and the next thing you know, she's already in her high school, then bocoming someone famous in a blink of an eye. And suddenly she has her first boyfriend. Then they got married and now she's going to become a mother herself..."

"You're talking about Seohyun right?" Yonghwa grinned and Mr Seo nodded. A smile enveloping his wrinkled face.

"And I'm glad she has a husband like you." Mr Seo pat Yonghwa on the shoulder.

"Gamsahamida abeonim." Yonghwa said thankfully.

"Mr Jung?" A woman clad in a white nurses' uniform came up.

"Ah ne?" Yonghwa quickly answered.

"Your wife's dilation is already eight centimetres. She's ready for birth." The nurse told him. "Will you follow me please." It was not a question, but more of an order. So Yonghwa hurriedly went off after saying goodbye to his father in law.

"Fighting!" Mr Seo managed to shout out and Yonghwa raised up his fist, an excited smile on his face.

******

The moment Yonghwa stepped into the labor room, he was greeted with the feelings of anxiousness. He could see some other nurses moving around the room. They were calm unlike him. The room was brightly lit. It feels similar like as if he was sitting in front of the vanity morror with bright lights surrounding it. Yonghwa blinked several times to adjust his eyes to the brightness before he allowed it to travel to the woman who was currently lying down on the labor bed. She looked tired and pale. Yonghwa's heart reached out to her. He was sorry to see her like that. His heart ached for her. He rushed forward to her side.

"Joohyun-ah? Love? I'm here now." Yonghwa said soothingly into Seohyun's ear.

Seohyun looked up to see her husband beside her, in a green hospital gown with a mask hung loose around his neck. She smiled as she felt him holding her hand gently. "Love?" Seohyun whispered.

"Yes?" Yonghwa eagerly answered, leaning his ears closer to Seohyun's lips.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you earlier. I was just unable to control myself." Seohyun said, inhaling her breath deeply as if trying to hold onto the pain.

"It's okay love. I promised you before that I will understand your situation during birth right?" Yonghwa still calmly whispered. Seohyun nodded. "I'm keeping my promise okay?" Seohyun nodded again. "So now, just keep quiet and focused on your breathing techniques. The one you learnt before."

Then Seohyun started screaming and unconciously squeezed Yonghwa's hand again. Yonghwa did not seem to bother about his paining hand but instead he kept whispering soothing words to his wife. Seohyun was perspiring, the crown of the head was wet with sweat.

"The dilations coming to a perfect ten centimetres." A nurse said.

"Hello Mr Jung! We meet again." A woman who was covered in a green hospital gown said brightly to Yonghwa. She had a mask covering her face so Yonghwa was not able to recognise her. The only thing he managed to do was nodded his head at her.

"Is she medicated or not?" The woman asked one of the nurses in the room.

"Unmedicated doctor."

'Ah! She's a doctor. But who?' Yonghwa wondered.

"Okay Joohyun, please listen to me properly." The doctor started talking to Seohyun. "You are ready for birth and you might have the urge to push your baby out. I will be here to guide you through the labor process."

Seohyun only managed to nod her head before letting out another scream. Tears were running down her face as her contractions were occuring very often.

Suddenly, Yonghwa felt his arm being pulled by the doctor towards the front of the labor room. Yonghwa suddenly felt awkward as he found himself staring at Seohyun's opened legs in front of him. He started blushing unknowingly but that was before the doctor pointed something to him in between the pair of opened legs, somewhere right in the middle... that was when he saw it...

"It's your daughter's head." The doctor managed to give a wink to Yonghwa causing him to gape. Then he ran back to where Seohyun was, grasped her hand again and cheered her on.

"Love, you can do it! I can see her head already!" Yonghwa said excitedly, his own tears streaming.

"Ah sinchia! Liar, don't lie to me!" Seohyun said, breathing heavily.

"It's true! I'm not lying!"

"Okay Joohyun, PUSH!" The doctor cried out. Seohyun ignored Yonghwa immediately to listen to the doctor. Yonghwa on the other hand kept on cheering for his wife. "PUSH!"

"That's it! A little bit more. PUSH!"

Yonghwa was breathing heavily. He felt himself pushing as well. Seohyun's grip on his hand was left forgotten. He could not seem to feel the pain anymore. Seohyun on the other hand had stopped screaming and was using all the strength and power to give birth to their child, their princess... and still PUSHing!

"One more time Joohyun, PUSH!"

Then before they knew it, a loud defeaning cry of a baby filled up the entire labor room. Letting go of Seohyun's hand, Yonghwa suddenly knelt down on the floor stunned. Seohyun leaned back, closed her eyes and tried to catch her breath. She had never felt so tired before.

The next thing Seohyun knew, something was being placed on her chest. She opened her eyes to see a bundle in white in front of her. The bundle was crying and as if on instinct, Seohyun grabbed hold of the bundle and held it close to her face. Right then and there, that was the first time Seohyun saw her. The fair and lovely face of her beautiful daughter, their princess.

The baby stopped crying instantly the moment Seohyun had her arms draped around her little body. The warmth her mother provided for her was enough to sooth her cries.

"My baby." Seohyun whispered tenderly as she placed little kisses on top of her daughter's head. "Yeobo! It's our baby!"

"Congratulations Mr and Mrs Jung. It's a girl." Finally the doctor said as she revealed her face. It was indeed Dr Kim, Seohyun's gyne.

"D-Doctor? How did you know Seohyun's giving birth today? I hadn't manage to contact you at all!" Yonghwa gasped.

"Well, to tell you the truth, Seohyun's been updating me via sms. So that's how I arrive in time for the delivery." Dr Kim smiled. "I think you should take a look at your daughter first. I won't hold you." With that Dr Kim left the labor room.

Yonghwa, as if just woke up from a trance, immediately ran over to Seohyun. He stopped for a moment when he saw their bundle of joy in his wife's arms. Slowly he bent down beside Seohyun. He held out a finger and gently the baby's cheek.

"She's real." Yonghwa said causing Seohyun to chuckle.

"Of course she's real!" Seohyun replied.

"She's really here! I can't believe it." Yonghwa said again. He felt tears enveloping his eyes.

"So it's Hana right? Jung Hana?" Seohyun asked as she faced her husband, looking straight into his eyes.

"Of course. Uri Jung Hana." Yonghwa smiled before he bent down to kiss his Hana's cheek.

"I'm sorry Mr and Mrs Jung, we would like to take your baby first, give her a proper cleaning and then we'll send her to you for -feeding. I hope you don't mind." One of the nurses said shyly.

Seohyun felt disheartened the moment Hana was taken away from her arms. But at the same time she was relieved because then she would finally be able to rest. Seohyun's eyeslids suddenly felt rather heavy. Before she knew it, sleep had overcome her, dreaming of the sweetness that only she would know.

Yonghwa smiled as he watched Seohyun slept. He her hair away from her face before leaning down and give a lingering kiss on her forehead. "Thank you so much love. Thank you so much!"

Outside the hospital, the news of the birth of Jung Hana was spreading fast like wildfire within the CNBlue members and of course the ex-SNSD ladies!

 

 

*show me some love people!XD*