Set 1 - Yours, Mine and Ours

Prequel Set - Uri Sarang Bit (Our Love Light)

Set 1 - Yours, Mine and Ours

It was getting on her nerves. The giddiness was coming back to her again. It was getting rather difficult for her to concerntrate on her daily work. She sighed, stopping her work on the computer immediately. She took off her spectacles and tossed it on the table. She leaned back against her chair, closing her eyes.

What happened to her? Was she infected by some kind of virus? Food poisoning? But it was impossible. She was always very particular about food. Non-healthy food was definitely a no-no for her. Wait, did she eat something wrong? Maybe the apple juice she drank last night had expired? But it couldn't be.

Seohyun opened and closed her eyes trying to ease the uncomfortability. Her fingers automatically went to her forehead and massaged it. 'Aish sinchia. It's not working.' Seohyun sighed for the umpteenth time.

Adding to the giddiness, started to feel a bit funny. Seohyun swallowed her saliva a few times. 'Something's wrong somewhere. But what is it?' Seohyun questioned herself but hadn't enough time to come out with an answer before she had to rush to the toilet to throw up.

*****

"How are you feeling Hyunnie-ah?" Hyoyeon asked as she placed a palm on Seohyun's forehead.

"Not so good unnie. I feel terrible." Seohyun admitted. Her vomiting occured frequently now and her head felt like bursting.

"Did you tell your husband? He knows you're sick right?" Hyoyeon's asked again, worried.

"Ani. I don't want to trouble him." Seohyun said, forcing a smile. "He's in Japan now. If he's in Busan, I would have already called him back home to me."

"Aigoo. You are stubborn." Hyoyeon shook her head, chuckling. "Anyway, have you went to consult a doctor?"


 

"Aniyo. I'm fine unnie. Just a little vomiting." Seohyun said. "I should be fine soon."

Hyoyeon nodded. There was no point in arguing with Seohyun. "What activities does Yong seobang have in Japan anyway?"

"He has a fan meeting there, a reunion with the Japanese fans." Seohyun explained. "He should be back tomorrow evening."

"Aigoo. It's been almost two years Hyun-ah. It seems like yesterday I saw you in that wedding dress." Hyoyeon grinned.

"Sinchia unnie. You sound like an ahjumma!" Seohyun teased.

"Ya! I'm just saying ok."

The two friends continued to catch up on each other's life. Ever since SNSD stopped promoting any albums, all nine girls continued with their individual activities. They came to that decision when their group's leader, Taeyeon, turned thirty. There were not much activities for SNSD as there were more girl groups debuting. Taeyeon knew their time for fame had come to an end. Therefore, since then, the SNSD members began working on their own. Yoona and Sooyoung started to concerntrate fully on their acting career. Jessica on the other hand returned to America to start a business associated with clothings, a joint venture with her sister, Krystal. Surprisingly, their business was doing very well. Taeyeon and Sunny were working full time with SM entertainment as trainers, training the young stars before debuting. Yuri continued her career as a model. Tiffany was a full-time deejay in an English radio show whereas Hyoyeon set up her own dancing school, always her dream to teach young girls and boys to dance. Seohyun sticked to being a writer for children's books. Not only that, she could even compose children's songs both in Hanggul and English. Of course with her husband's help and her flawless guitar skills.

Only five out of the nine members of SNSD were married, settled down with famlilies whom they loved so much. Taeyeon was married with a set of twins. Jessica was recently married to an American Korean man. Tiffany married an actor and was blessed with a baby boy whom she had just given birth recently as well. The most surprising of all when Hyoyeon married Junsu of 2pm. Even her band members were shocked as they had never seen Hyoyeon went out to date or even least talked to him in music shows before. When her members continuously asked her about how her relationship started with Junsu, Hyoyeon would always reply, "love is blind", which made her members annoyed. They had a son and the couple were leading a very happy life. And the fifth SNSD member to settle down was of course, Seohyun, finally married to Jung Yonghwa for real. Her members were definitely very very happy for her. The last four members were currently dating with man of their choices, but they still had no intentions of being legally attached yet.

Even though SNSD were separated, they still do contact each other. They would always make an effort to update their fans about their lives via their fan club websites. And they do gather together once in a while for fan meetings and reunions.

Hyoyeon and Seohyun were really engrossed in their conversation when suddenly Seohyun held a hand to and started running towards the toilet. Hyoyeon frowned and followed her. Hyoyeon shook her head when she saw Seohyun bending over the toilet bowl, retching continuously.

"Ya! This is getting serious! Must be food poisoning or gastric." Hyoyeon said, her hand rubbing Seohyun's back. "Wait, let me ask Taeng unnie."

Leaving Seohyun to clean herself up, Hyoyeon stepped out of the toilet and dialled Taeyeon's number on her handphone. "Unnie!"

"Hyoyeon-ah? Calling me at this time of the day, I'm busy with the kids you know!" Taeyeon said, grinning slightly.

"Mianhe. I just wanted to ask something."

"Ok, make it fast. Shoot."

"Remember that time when I had gastric, and vomiting all over the place?"

"Yeah. I was pissed at you. Why?"

"Seohyun got the gastric I think. She's been vomiting for a few days already." Hyoyeon explained. "And the last time you gave me this herb to drink, and the vomiting stopped. What herb is it? Where can I get it?"

"Hyunnie's been vomiting you say? Hm, sounds weird. Is she feeling giddy the past few days?" Taeyeon asked, sounding a bit like a doctor.

"Wait, I'll ask her." Hyoyeon said before covering her phone with her hand. "Ya Hyun-ah! Do you feel giddy the past few days?

"Yes. But not that bad." Seohyun answered weakly.

"Ne. She feels giddy. What else?" Hyoyeon talked into the receiver.

"Ok the most important thing is, is she having her period? I mean when was the last time she had her period?"

"Ok." Hyoyeon answered before gaping. "Ommo! You think she's...?"

"I know, I know. But we can't confirm yet." Taeyeon exclaimed. "Pali! Ask her!"

Hyoyeon nodded. "Um Hyun-ah, are-are you currently having your period?"

Seohyun shook her head, frowning. "Ani."

"When was the last time you-you had it?"

"Um, come to think again, I missed my period last month. And-and it has yet to come this month, but it didn't." Seohyun stammered a little, finally understanding something. "Oh dear. Do you think I might be...?"

"I'm not sure. But yes, you might be." Hyoyeon spoke, nodding continuously.

"She could be!" Both Hyoyeon and Seohyun heard Taeyeon shouting over the phone. Seohyun quickly went to grab the handphone from Hyoyeon's hand.

"Yeobosaeyo unnie?" Seohyun whispered.

"Hyunnie-ah, my dear, we can't confirm anything yet. But what you can do is check. Do you have any pregnancy test kit stored anywhere in your house?"

"Um I think I may have one in the travelling toiletry bag." Seohyun informed her.

"Ok, what I want you to do now is check for yourself. Use the test kit." Taeyeon said, her voice sounding closed to tears. "I am so happy for you Hyunnie-ah!"

"Ah-ahrasso unnie. I will check. I will call you soon."

With that, Seohyun hung up the phone and straight away ran into her room to look for her toiletry bag. Hyoyeon on the other hand stood dazed, before walking over to a chair to sit down. Her eyes followed Seohyun as she darted for the toilet, the pregnancy test kit in her hand. About twenty minutes later, Seohyun emerged out of the toilet with a solemn facial expression. Hyoyeon quickly stood up and walked hurriedly to Seohyun's side.

"What happened?" Hyoyeon asked, shaking Seohyun's shoulders a little. "Seo Joohyun answer me!"

"I-I..." Seohyun stammered, sadness enveloping her face. But then she gave a huge grin which surprised Hyoyeon. "UNNIE! I'M PREGNANT!"

"Sinchia?! Aigoo! Hyun-ah! I'm so happy for you!" Both Seohyun and Hyoyeon hugged each other. Their feeling of elation were indescribable.

"Yong oppa's gonna be so happy!" Seohyun said as tears began to fall freely down her cheeks. "I knew he wanted a child of his own but he never did talk to me about it. I just know about it recently."

"Hyunnie-ah, you'll tell him ok and make him the happiest man alive." Hyoyeon was also crying.

"I will! Oh thank you God!" Seohyun hugged Hyoyeon tightly.

This was the happiest day in her entire life. Now the only thing left was to convey the happy news to her husband. Tomorrow night will be the best night for him. Her pregnancy news will be his welcome home present. They will share their happiness together tomorrow night. Their happiness, hers and Yonghwa's.

*****

"How's the fan meeting? Did you and the boys had fun?" Seohyun asked as she sat kneeling on the bed facing Yonghwa. Despite her calm expression, nobody could actually tell how fast her heart was beating.

"Ne. It was fun but tiring." Yonghwa smiled as he leaned back against the headboard.

"I see." Seohyun nodded, pouting slightly.

"Wae? You have something to say right?" Yonghwa asked.

"What are you talking about?" Seohyun asked back, feigning ignorance.

"Ja~shik! I know that pout." Yonghwa stretched his hand, tapping a finger on her pouty lips.

"Hm... In fact I do. Um, wait." Seohyun descended from her bed and went towards her dressing table. She took out a light blue book from the drawer before heading back towards the bed. She held it out in front of Yonghwa who immediately took it.

"This is my diary! Where did you find this?" Yonghwa asked, looking a bit embarassed. He quickly hid his diary under his pillow.

"In the closet, while I was packing for you the other day." Seohyun shrugged.

"Sinchia. Hyun-ah, it's my personal diary you know. Did you read it by any chance?"

"I'm sorry yeobo. It's just that, I was a bit curious." Seohyun whined.

"It's okay. No harm done." Yonghwa grinned as he pulled Seohyun to his side.

"Um, I wanted to ask something." Seohyun bit her lips, unsure of how to start.

"Hm, go on."

"There's a part you wrote in your diary, that you really wanted a daughter for your first child." Seohyun looked at Yonghwa straight into the eye before looking down at her hands. "You really do plan your future well. I-I never thought of kids before."

"Joohyun-ah, look at me." Yonghwa grasped her shoulders, forcing her to face him. "It doesn't matter okay. With or without a child, I am perfectly happy with you. Trust me."

"But our marriage is not just about me, it is also about..." Seohyun continued but was silenced by Yonghwa with a soft kiss on her lips.

"It doesn't matter. I'm happy with just us."

"No, you listen Jung Yonghwa." Seohyun said as she folded her arms, eyes staring intently into Yonghwa's. "I want to be part of that plan too. I want to have a daughter or a son too. I want to become a mother too! A mother to your children."

"But Seohyun-ah, ah ne?" Yonghwa gaped. He could not believe what he was hearing. Was it true? Did she just said that she wanted a child too? She wanted to be part of his plans? Plans which include kids? A lot of kids?

"Let's start a family of our own." Seohyun's eyes twinkled wildly. "I know I'm ready."

"Are-are you sure?" Yonghwa was stunned. He could not believe it. Seohyun was ready to be a mother to his children!

"Ne! We had enough fun as a married couple for two years already. It's time we share it by having kids. It'll be great!"

"Hyun-ah! I am so happy to hear this from you!" Yonghwa pulled Seohyun into a tight embrace, kissing her lips, cheeks, neck and shoulders repeatedly. "Saranghae Seohyun-ah."

"Wait!" Seohyun pushed herself away from her husband.

"Hyun-ah wae?" Yonghwa whined, as his hands tried to make a grab for Seohyun's waist but she dodged it expertly. "Didn't you say you wanted to be a mother? I am planning to make you one now."

"Sinchia! You are tired and you know you need the rest." Seohyun wagged a finger, grinning slyly. "We'll do it another day."

"Shiro! Hyun-ah..." Yonghwa continued whining, making Seohyun laughed hard. "Please..."

"But you've already made me one." Seohyun suddenly said, making Yonghwa confused.

"Made you one? What did you mean?"

"I mean this." Seohyun took Yonghwa's hand into hers and gently placed it onto her stomach.

"What-what do you mean?" Yonghwa's hand trembled.

"What I really wanted to tell you is that, I am pregnant with our baby." Seohyun whispered shyly.

Yonghwa was stunned, unable to move. Then Seohyun reached out her other hand and placed it on her husband's cheek. Yonghwa's eyes darted to hers, as if trying to find out the truth beyond her sparkling eyes. "You're going to be an appa soon."

"Sinchia?" Yonghwa whispered back, his lips tracing into a smile.

"Ne. I won't lie to you." Seohyun grinned.

"Oh my God! Yes!" Yonghwa exclaimed, getting off his bed and started dancing to the song 'Tell Me Your Wish' by SNSD. Seohyun laughed hard until tears started to flow down from her eyes.

"Yeobo-ah, stop it!" Seohyun said pulling Yonghwa onto the bed again.

"I am just so happy Hyun-ah! So happy!" Yonghwa said as he pulled Seohyun into a hug. "It's like a wish come true. Komawo Hyun-ah."

"I am so happy too. I found out about it yesterday." Seohyun informed. "I started having morning sickness on the morning of your departure to Japan. And I thought I had gastric.

But the worst thing which came with the vomiting was the giddiness. It's terrible. Luckily Hyoyeon unnie came by and helped me. Well, since she thought I was having gastric as well."

"Then did you go to the doctor?" Yonghwa asked, holding her hand tightly, suddenly afraid of letting go, afraid that she might just dissapear into thin air.

"Ani. I used the pregnancy test kit to check. Taeyeon unnie's advice."

"I see." Yonghwa nodded.

"Are-are you really happy?" Seohyun asked, her eyes searching for Yonghwa's.

"Of course dear. I am really happy, really really happy." Yonghwa smiled, leaning in to kiss Seohyun on the lips.

"This is so exciting!" Seohyun exclaimed.

"This is the beginning of our happiness. It's just the beginning." Yonghwa smiled lovingly at Seohyun. "Yours, mine and ours."

"Yes, yours, mine and ours..."

 

******

*How was it? I hope you like how the story goes... :) Will update it tomorrow! Please anticipate the next chapter!*

 


***** 8**