Chapter 2

Falling For My Best Friend

I franticly looked back and forth between buildings, trying to find the block my class was in. It was my first day at my new school, and I was already late. Great first impression. And not to mention lost...
This school was so huge! It's definitely going to take some major getting used too. If only Sarah had come with me....
I just sighed, and continued my search. 

I started getting impatient and annoyed, like all ways. You see whenever something seems to go wrong, I never stop and think about ways to fix it. I just get pissed off and wish I could hurry the hell up and fix it! It was about my third trip around the school, and I was back to where I started. I was getting ready to scream. *Okay, I'm just going leave* I thought to myself, *I don't want to make a fool out of myself on the first day. I'll just start tomorrow.* And just as I turned to head to the front gates, I bumped into him. Ryan. My books went flying everywhere, and I was knocked to the ground.

"Ow! Watch where you're going!" I hissed at him, annoyed. I wasn't in the mood for people at the moment, but I instantly regretted going off at him when I looked up and saw his face. Flawless, beautiful. It was as if he was glowing. There was a slight smile on his very, VERY attractive face. I blushed and quickly looked away. "Sorry..." I mumbled, immediately picking up my books.

"I think I should be the one apologizing," he replied, helping me with my books, "I wasn't watching where I was going". He helped me up and handed the rest of my books over to me.

"Uhh, thanks."

"No problem. If you need help with anything else, I'm here" He continued smiling at me.

"Well, actually...do you happen to know where E block is? I'm kind of lost..." I blushed again. How embarrassing! He chuckled slightly to himself. What was so funny? All he did was look up, so I followed his gaze. "Oh..." was the only word that escaped my lips. I was standing right next to it. My face was burning up by the minute, I lowered my head to try and hide it from him, but I knew it was no use.

"It's okay, I got lost on my first day, too. It really is a big school...I'm Ryan by the way, Ryan Conferido." He held out his hand.

"I'm Cassie Ou, and thanks again, for everything." I shook his had. Boy, was it warm! Our hands fell, but I didn't want to let go.

"Well, looks like we're in the same form class," he snapped me out of my trance, "I'm in 10MS too." I just smiled awkwardly, I didn't know what to say. "Why don't we get going? We have quite a grumpy teacher, he's not very fond of late attendance. C'mon." He said, walking towards the classroom. I hurried along behind him, but then stopped for a moment.

"Wait," I said suddenly, making him stop, "how did you know I was in 10MS? I didn't tell you..."

"I saw it on your timetable, it slipped out of one of your books."

"Oh, right."

"Come on lets go." He grabbed my arm and we hurried into class. The teacher let us off for being late, seeing as I was new, and Ryan was "showing me around the school". We're lucky he bought it, otherwise we would be in a spot of trouble. I took a seat next to Ryan, the seat which I sat at for the rest of the year.

I got out of the shower and started getting dressed, trying to find my good pair of shorts. It was quite an awkward way to meet someone, I have to say. And to think, that is how we became friends. But honestly, I wouldn't change it for the world.