Chapter 6

Falling For My Best Friend

Surprisingly enough, I was somehow able to keep my train of thought while everyone was playing their silly game. I felt quite proud about this, actually. Seeing as they are all so loud, it really is a miracle. The movie was still playing, so I was half watching this, and half thinking. Just thinking of Ryan. Of what he meant to me. I put my food down and just stared at the ground.

"Everything all right?" Hok asked. I guess he realised that he couldn't here any screaming from beside him; where I was sitting.

"Mmm, fine," I replied, still staring at the floor.

"Doesn't seem like it," I could hear the concern in his voice,"what's up?"

"It's nothing..."

"Cassie," he lifted my chin so I was looking at him, "what's wrong?" I sighed. I wanted to tell him, but I didn't really want to talk about it.

"Okay, fine. Well-"

"Hey guys what you talking about?" Ryan came and sat down next to me.

"Just talking about the movie," Hok answered, looking at the screen. I gave him a thankful look, he gave a slight nod in return.

"I see..." Ryan trailed off.

"Well I think I'm going to bed guys, I'm pretty tired. NIGHT EVERYONE!" I shouted, barely being heard over their screams of laughter. But they saw me walk away, so they got the idea. I walked upstairs, changed into my pyjamas, and collapsed on the bed. Ugh, I could still hear them from downstairs. Hoping to drown out their voices, I plugged my earphones into my iPod, and put them in. I slowly drifted off to sleep, with a smile on my face; the result of my dream.

"Come on Ryan, just tell me! Where are we going?"

"I'm not telling you anything, babe." I huffed.

"You're lucky I love you, oh Ryan Conferido." He simply laughed and carried on driving. I had a blindfold over my eyes, completely oblivious as to where we were going. It was our anniversary, we have been dating for 5 months now. Ryan was keeping it a surprise as to where we were going, hence the blindfold.

20 minutes later, we finally arrived at our destination. Ryan got out of the car, and came round to open my door for me.

"Like a true gentleman," I said, giving him a slight nod. He chuckled lightly

"Of course." He helped me out of the car, and walked me to our next destination.

We walked a bit further, until he finally stopped me, and took the blindfold off of my eyes. I opened my eyes, and found myself looking directly into his. He smiled at me.

"Happy anniversary, baby" I turned around, and my heart melted. We were at the beach. He had set up a little picnic under a small tree, with rose petals placed all around the picnic blanket. There were soft, delicate looking cushions; they were for decoration. It looked beautiful. It was simple, yet everything but.

"This is amazing Ryan, thank you!" I said as I turned to face him again. I leaned in, and kissed him.