Chapter 10

Falling For My Best Friend

I was looking at some old CDs, while Ryan went over and looked at the movies. He comes to a music shop, to look at movies. Eh, they sell both, why not? I smiled to myself and continued looking. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, just browsing. I picked up a random one, and started looking it over. "What you got there?" I jumped and spun around.

"Dammit Ryan! Stop doing that!" I yelled at him, as I went back to looking at the CD.

"Do what?" He smirked, looking at me with innocent eyes. I just shook my head and he laughed. "Sorry."

"All goods." I muttered, 'Hey, should I get this?" I asked, handing the CD to him.

"I didn't know you were into The Beatles..." He said after a few minutes. He looked up at me, with a puzzled expression on his face.

"I'm not, just thought I would go for something random, just give it a shot? So...should I?" He smiled and handed it back to me.

"Sure, we can listen together when we get back later, after everyone leaves."

"Okay," I said as I walked towards the counter. I was trying to play it cool, acting like it was nothing, when really on the inside I was bursting with happiness.


We walked into the food court, after about 3 hours of wandering around, going into random shops and sometimes coming out again with random things. I mean, I brought a candle. Who buys those? I found a table while Ryan went and got some food. I was actually starving, seeing as I didn't eat much breakfast, but I didn't say anything because I was enjoying myself too much to care. I placed our bags under the table, and took out my phone. No messages, no missed calls. Nothing. Still no word on where everyone went. It was a puzzling question. I decided to give Lydia a call. After 5 minutes, she finally picked up. "Hello?"

"Where the hell are you guys?! You totally ditched me and Ryan!" I hissed into the phone.

"Oh, we're...around," she hesitantly replied.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I was getting annoyed now. Why would they just suddenly disappear like this?

"Look, I'll tell you later. But right now we're all heading back, so we'll see you and Ryan tomorrow okay?"

"Um, okay then. Bye." I hit end, and slammed my phone down on the table. I scowled, and looked down. I can't believe they would blow us off like that, and then not even bother with an explanation. But whatever, I'll get them back. Ryan finally returned with our food, and the scowl was immediately lifted from my face.