Chapter 8

Falling For My Best Friend

"GUYS, THEY'RE BACK WITH FOOD!" Steve yelled as Hok and I walked through the door. Almost just after he finished his sentence, everyone made a beeline towards us. I guess they were hungry, after all. 

"What's for breakfast?" Asked Feng, stomach rumbling with the question.

"Uhh...up for pancakes?" Everyone eagerly nodded their heads. "Okay then, go and do what ever until they're done. I'll call you when they're ready." They all wandered off in different directions, while I walked into the kitchen and placed the shopping on the counter. Hok followed in pursuit. "Can you get all the ingredients out please, Hok?" I heard rustling as he searched through the bags. Moments after, I had everything placed in front of me. "Thanks." I said, smiling in approval. He smiled back.

"Need any help?"

"Sure thing." We both got to work on making as many pancakes as we could, in such a short amount of time. We knew it wouldn't be long until everyone came back, complaining, so we thought we might as well make the most of our peaceful time. After a mere 15 minutes, it was ready. "COME AND GET IT!" I yelled, and I heard everyone run. I looked at Hok, and we both chuckled a bit. Those fools. The last to walk in was Ryan. My stomach flipped a bit; I blushed and looked away. I started cleaning everything up, ignoring the food on the table, when a hand on my shoulder stopped me.

"Aren't you going to eat anything?" Ryan asked, in his sweet voice. I sighed as I placed the pan I was washing back in the sink, so I could turn around and look at him.

"Nah, not really hungry." I shrugged, and turned around again.

"Are you kidding me? Cassie, my Cassie, isn't hungry?" I blushed. *He called me his...* 

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

"...That you're a pig, and you're always hungry," He replied with a grin on his face. I shook my head, and slapped him on the arm.

"You calling me fat, punk?" He stopped laughing.

"No! I didn't mean it like that! You're not fat, not at all!" He quickly defended himself. I just laughed and continued washing the dishes. He grabbed the pan out of my hands, and placed it on the bench. "Come on fatty, I'm hungry." He grabbed my hands and lead me towards the dining table. I couldn't help but smile like a loon.