Chapter 4

Falling For My Best Friend

"Hey guys!" I yelled as Ryan and I walked through the door, hoping I would be heard over the deafening music.

"Hey" everyone chorused in reply, except for Hok. He turned the music off, and gave us the death glare. Uh-oh...

"I told you not to be late again, Ryan!" We had already been late to three practices previously, and Hok was starting to get annoyed.

"Man, I'm sorry. We just slept in again." Lydia looked at me and raised her eyebrow.

"Slept in AGAIN, huh?" She had a slight grin on her face.

"Oh haha Lydia," I rolled me eyes, "not like that you idiot!"

"Okay then, if you insist..." she faded out, still grinning. The rest of the guys were giving each other questioning looks. I didn't want anyone to think me and Ryan were *ahem* "getting it on", resulting in us being late.

"Don't you guys have to dance, or something? Hence, 'practice'?" Hok turned the music back on, and they got right into it. I wasn't part of their crew, but I always came to their practice. I loved watching them dance, they are all amazing. Plus, I never have anything better to do with my time, and I also liked jamming on the piano out back.

I headed straight for the piano, eager to play. I really loved playing and I was pretty good at it, too. But I live with Ryan, and it is quite intimidating playing when he is around. That's why I always save it for practice; for when he's busy. I sat down and started playing.

I was still occupied by the piano, 2 hours later. I was so into it, that I didn't notice the door open behind me, and soft footsteps slowly getting closer. My song came to an end, but I continued sitting there.

"Wow, that was amazing," someone whispered in my ear. I jumped and turned around.

"HOLEY ! Ugh, Ryan! You scared me!" I playfully slapped him on the check. He smirked.

"Ouch! That hurt!" He pretended to cry.

"Aw, there, there young child" I pulled him into a hug, "I'll make it all better little baby," he continued to fake sob. 

"Uhh....guys?" We shot apart as quick as lightening, we both got a fright this time, "We're leaving for dinner...are you okay Ryan?" Hok asked. I laughed.

"Yeah, I'm fine Hok," Ryan replied, smiling, "meet you out in a minute." Hok walked away with a confused look on his face.

"Haha he is going to be asking you about this later. Prepare yourself for 20 questions. Come on lets go, I'm hungry!" I grabbed his arm and rushed out the door. It was decided that we were just going to have take-out, and all hang at our place, so we walked to the car.

"I did mean it, you know," Ryan said as we were just about home. Steve had gone to get the food.

"Mean what?" I turned my head to look at him. He looked at me.

"That piece you played on the piano, it was amazing,"

"Thanks. It wasn't one of my best ones though, I don't really like it..."

"Well I thought it was perfect," he said as he turned his eyes back to the road. I blushed and looked out the window.

"Thanks, Ryan."

"Anytime" *Blushing, yet again? What is WITH you Cassie?! This is Ryan we are talking about, RYAN. My best friend since high school. Sure, I had a crush on him when we first met, but that went away with time. Has it come back? Do I have feelings for him again?*

We finally arrived at the house, and I got out of the car, we got here the same time as Steve. I walked over to help him carry the food in. McDonalds, nice.