Chapter 1

Falling For My Best Friend

The wind's cool breeze slowly lifted me from my deep slumber. I could feel the hairs on my arms start to prickle upwards, but it felt quite nice, in a way. I didn't move, I was too lazy for that. I was happily lying in bed, drifting back to sleep, when Ryan burst in.

"Hurry up Cassie, we're going to be late!" He yelled at me, while buttoning up his shirt. I guess he forgot to put on pants, because he was standing there in his underwear.

"Well you could've at least got dressed before storming in here! Look, I know you want me and my innocence, but this isn't the way to get it!" I grinned, only to be returned with a pillow to the face. "Well this certainly isn't getting you anywhere, now is it? No y time for you!" and I threw the pillow right back at him.

"Shut up Cass! I could have you in no time!" we both burst into laughter.

"You're such a , Ryan" I was finally able to say, after the laughter had died down. We immediately started again.

"Don't you mean you want my ?" he jokingly replied.

"Too far moron! Now get out and let me get ready!" I pushed him out of the door. He kept on laughing, even after he returned to his room. He is an odd one, that Ryan. A complete idiot. We always joke around with each other, it's what best mates do. We don't mean it to be anything more, we just love being complete idiots. I have to say, I am really lucky to have a friend like him. Without him, life would just be a drag. I mean sure, I have the other guys, but Ryan has been there from the start. It's hard to imagine life without him, we've known each other for so long. I just shook my head and hopped into the shower, thinking back to the beginning....