Emotional Part of Me

Memories 기억을 따라

"Yah~ Kyuhyun hyung, that song just now was AWESOME! DAEBAK!" Sungmin clung on to Kyuhyun's arm with his right hand and gave his brother a left thumbs up. The star just smiled and say nothing when another voice popped in the conversation.

 

"Dangyeonhaji(Of course)! Your brother is the ballad prince of the school, didn't he tell you about it?" Hyukjae slapped the two siblings on their shoulders.

 

"Hyukjae-ah." Of course Kyuhyun felt proud of himself, but he already promised himself: Be the nice humble one. Sungmin might really who I am seeking for.

 

"HYUNG, JINJJA? WOW!" Sungmin cupped his brother's face like how him and the other villagers do. It might be a bit rude to "well-educated people", but the villagers all agree it's THE sign of friendship and relationship. THE sign.

 

"Heheheh... Ne.." Kyuhyun smiled awkwardly to his brother. Oh, this mothering monkey.

 

"Anyways... Yah, hyung, "Hyukjae continued the conversation. "Can Fishy and Cloud hyung come along to the sleepover? PWEASE~~~"

 

"Uh? Hyung we're having a sleepover with the sunbaes?" Sungmin is excited to meet more of his seniors.

 

"Ne. But we'll be staying up really late, so you can go to sleep if you're tired." Kyuhyun found out that his brother can never sleep any later that ten thirty, while that's actually when the games of the night will start. "The fun starts at ten thirty."

 

"Ohh..." Sungmin sighed. He wanted to have fun with the sunbaes, but as soon as he hears the game time, nevermind.

X X X X X X X X X X

At home

 

Sungmin lied down on the sofa right after the servant opens the door for the two siblings and the three guests, Hyukjae, Donghae (Fishy) and Jongwoon (Cloud hyung, who has been their favourite senior since hell knows how old were they.) Well, for the other four older ones, the guests helped themselves at the dining table with all the snacks (that were meant to be eaten at the late party) while Kyuhyun sat at his music corner. He had a piano, a big collection of all sorts of harmonicas and a pink guitar.

Well, he didn't really play the guitar at all. He used to learn it for a year or two, but he had to stop his music madness because of the big exams. He mastered piano and harmonica that time, so he was still playing those two, but he never touched the guitar.

On the piano, the prodigy hung the harmonica near his mouth, and he starts to play a soothing song on the piano, "Lullaby of Creations". He also "duet" the piano with the harmonica, and Sungmin was surprised his brother was not influenced by both instruments at all.

 

Another big clap after Kyuhyun played the last chord on the piano by his pink-freak brother. Well this time he HAD to smile. He practised that the very moment he transcribed the sheets of the song, and his very first perfect shot took him 3 years of practice. Synchronization between two types of instruments at a time for a solo performance was never claimed easy by Kyuhyun.

 

"Hyung, you're really awesome in music."

 

"Haha... it's just a flatter to me, Sungmin-ah, but I just want to ask," Kyuhyun pointed at his acoustic guitar. "You know how to play that--acoustic?"

 

"Yah hyung," Sungmin stared at his brother. "How did you know I play guitar?"

 

"You-- you do?" Kyuhyun was shocked. He thought his brother was just the Aegyo prince, but he never knew his brother, just like him, is also talented in music.

 

"Ne, " Sungmin approached to the guitar and picked it up. "I was supposed to finish the course before I came to Seoul, but the gangsters from my hometown suddenly slammed my guitar on the table edge in class... I never played the guitar ever since... That's why my eyes were always on the guitar whenever I pass this corner. My old guitar was just the same model and colour like this one, and I miss it so much. I wanted to ask if i could play it, but..."

 

"But... what?"

 

Sungmin slowly looked into Kyuhyun's eyes and answered softly. "You were really scary that time... that's why I didn't dare to ask you..."

 

Kyuhyun stalled. He knew he was quite mean towards his brother at the start, but he never knew that Sungmin was this scared. He thought he was just quiet and timid.

"I'm... sorry I broke the photo frame, hyung."

 

"It's okay, Min." Kyuhyun patted his brother. "I just wanna punish you by playing a song for me!"

 

"Okay, hyung..." Sungmin played "Spiritual Groove" on the guitar. He made a lot of minor mistakes, though, but he was forgiven because it is a song that  requires a lot of skill.

 

"Stop flirting with your brother and tell us the password for your Wii!" A shout came from the TV room.

 

X X X X X X X X X X

 

At night, guest room

 

After movie session, it's ten thirty. Exactly Sungmin's bedtime.

After the seniors snugged him in bed, they started with all the games and stuff.

 

"Hyung..." Donghae asked Kyuhyun. "You know that bunny... in your room? I'm sure it's not yours, right?"

 

"Well... what about it?"

 

"It reminds me of... Chu..." It's not surprising that everyone in the room knows who Chu is. They all grew up together.

 

"......" Kyuhyun looked down. He didn't  want to let everyone know he's got emotional about this boy again.

 

"Yah, come on. everyone knows Chu's dead. even if he's not --"

 

"CHU IS NOT ING DEAD!" Kyuhyun growled at Hyukjae. Kyuhyun, actually, everyone knows that Chu had been brainwashed when Jongwoon told them about the "brainwashing" thing he found on the newpaper, AND witnessing Chu being brainwashed right infront of his eyes. Everyone knew what happened, and that made Kyuhyun lock himself up in his room for 2 days. No, of course. They knew that last year, don't expect a 6-year-old boy not eating, rinking or socializing for 48 hours?

For the whole time, they tried their best to make Kyuhyun forget about it, but he just couldn't. He NEVER can.

 

Kyuhyun, once again, burst into tears. "I... just... want to see him... again..." He leaned on Jongwoon's shoulder and cried as hard as he could.


ANOTHER UPDATE~~~ Happy? XD

I found the title I thought of quite hilarious:
There's the movie Despicable Me, SHINee's new repackage "The Misconceptions of Me", and now The Emotional Part of Me. Trololol~

If you guys wanna ask...

"Lullaby of Creations" was composed by Approaching Nirvana, whereas "Spiritual Groove" was composed by... I don't know who? I forgot. :P

I tried my best to get rid of my fanfic habit: Korean throughout, but I just can't stop it. I LOVE KOREAN TOO MUCH!

 

Hope you guys like it~ Kyuhyun's emotional face, huh? XD

 

ONCE AGAIN! THANK YOU NEW SUBSCRIBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!