12

what are you waiting for?!

No one pov

Kai was about to get out of when suddenly Myungsoo barged to his room and pushed him to the wall while grabbing his collar.

“what the hell you think you did to Jiyeon?”  Kai could see it from Myungsoo’s eyes that he’s flaming in anger.

He pushed Myungsoo’s hands off of him “what the hell are you talking about?” Kai scoffed, he really had no idea.

“don’t play a fool with me Kai, you kissed her and I know you’ll just taking advantage of her”

“what? I kissed her?”  Kai asked himself, he was about to argue with Myungsoo but Myungsoo cut him off.

“I warned you!  Jiyeon is a good girl, don’t ever think of playing her heart or I’ll break your bone, stay away from her!” Myungsoo gave him a warning glare and stormed out from his room.

“tsk, what the hell?” Kai left dumbfounded.

 

--

“Kai! Ppalli have a seat with me!” Jiyeon shout to Kai.  Since Suzy wants to keep close to Chanyeol, she can’t help but switch her seat  to Chanyeol ‘s and now she has to seat beside Kai.  Kai smiled at her and was about to go to her direction when Myungsoo blocked his way and going to Jiyeon’s going instead. 

“I’ll seat beside you, Ji”  Jiyeon just gave him a strange look

“but I want to seat with Kai and you already have your partner there”  she pointed at Naeun seat.

“I know but I need to talk to you” 

Jiyeon rolled her eyes “is it that important? Like you can talk all night long with me after we arrive in Seoul” 

“but  I want to talk to you now!” Myungsoo bent his face forward to Jiyeon which made her take a step backwards “O..okay..j..just back off”  she pushed Myungsoo’s shoulder.

“I’m sorry Kai, me and myungsoo need to talk, you can sit beside Naeun if you don't mind” Jiyeon grinned at Kai while he just smiling and  nodded in understanding.

 

--

“now what do you want to talk about?”  Jiyeon asked annoyed by her demanding bestfriend.

Myungsoo just sipped his coke calmly and leaned his head “nothing!” he shrugged his shoulder.  Jiyeon glare at him disbelieved.

“Yah! You jerk, are you playing with me?” she punched his shoulder

“ouch! Why you’re so violent?” he said rubbing he shoulder.

Jiyeon gritted her teeth “stupid, I thought you want to talk something important, I even asked Kai to switch his seat with you”

Myungsoo felt annoyed “so, Kai is more important than me now?”

“it’s not like that, myung”

“so? Like what?”

“meollaaa”  Jiyeon ignored his question it’s just feels weird having you around me Myung, it feels different now, haiizz I’m going crazy Jiyeon ruffling her own hair.  Myungsoo just chuckled looking at her.

“I don’t want you to be close with Kai” Myungsoo blurted out.  Jiyeon look at him in disbelieved.

“but why?”

“he’s not a good guy”

“but he’s nice to me,  he can be a good friend”  Myungsoo  rolled his eyes.

“please Ji, he’s no good to you, just believe me can’t you?”

“give me one reason so I can’t befriend him”  here we go the demanding Jiyeon

“he’s playboy”  Jiyeon chuckled at Myungsoo’s answer

“please Myungsoo, I have sooo many playboy friend, look there’s woohyun, Kris, Minho  but they seems okay to you” 

“yeah but they’re my friends too, so I know they won’t do anything stupid to youhe said they won’t do something stupid  like kissing you  Myungsoo thought in anger.

“that’s not make sense myung, just because you’re not friends with Kai, so I can’t befriend him” Jiyeon argued.

“look, I already telling you this, if you listen to me then it’s good but if not then you take your own consequences, okay”  Myungsoo said with his demanding tone.  It’s like a command to her and she doesn’t like it, it makes her vulnerable whenever she’s around this kind of Myungsoo.

“look myung, I don’t know what’s your problem with him all I know he’s a nice friend to me, if one day he done something bad, I’ll leave him, ok..but you can’t forbid me to be friends with whoever I want…it’s not like you at all” Jiyeon said and throw her body on the seat, sleeping back facing Myungsoo.

“whatever” Myungsoo muttered.

 

--

The faculty building felt quiet to Jiyeon since it’s already 3.30p.m all students have dismissed and she’s still there waiting for Mr. Yang to pick her up, it’s been 3 days since her last arguing day with Myungsoo, it never been this long actually, the last time they had an argument it only last for 1 day and it always Myungsoo who always make it up for them. 

Jiyeon was about to get out from the building when school ‘s officer  pinned up an announcement paper,  it’s a 2 years political scholarship and chance to work as an outsource at Korean embassy in U.S ,  Jiyeon’s jaw dropped, U.K scholarship isn’t really important for her, she can go to whatever school she wanted  but this chance to work on an embassy is her dream. 

“2 years scholarship and chance to work at Korean embassy in U.S” a guy’s voice interrupted her thoughts.  She smiled.

“Kai?”

“Hi, Jiyeon”

“Hi, what are you doing here?”

“looking for you of course” Kai chuckled

“looking for me?”

“I was about to call you but I found you here, and my mom invites you today because she wants you to taste her new ice chocolate recipe and you have an honour to taste it first than me” Kai sighed

Jiyeon laughed “so I’m the honoured one?  i know ahjumma loves me more than you”

“psh! Stop flattering yourself, you’re just lucky”  jiyeon smiled teasingly at Kai’s words which makes him flutter.

“Kaja!”  Kai held Jiyeon’s hand but Jiyeon stopped him. “wait! I need to call Mr.  Yang to pick me up on your café instead”.

After Jiyeon make a call, they drove to Kai’s café with his motorbike, well who knows there’s someone who wants to approaching Jiyeon since her class dismissed but Kai beat his time for doing it.   

 

--

 

 

Kai’s POV

I was drawing some design on my sketchbook when my concentration got disturbed with my mom and Jiyeon’s laughter, she looks super happy and so was my mom.  i can’t help but stare at the view in front of me,  there’s my mom smiling at Jiyeon’s whatever words she is saying,  now I know why mom adores her so much, she’s glowing.  She’s not like those typical college girls who’s going around with their heavy makeup, dressing up like runway girls, trying to look intelligent and showing off their family’s wealth. 

Look at her now, wearing a casual white shirt, skinny jeans and worn out Nike dunk, she’s not even dressed like any girls from her level.  I can see her beauty through her laughter, her eyesmile and  her simplicity,  I get attracted to Jiyeon from the first time I saw her, now I know why Myungsoo is over protective towards Jiyeon, she is that special.  I can’t blame him for protecting her from me, he always got that negative vibes from me, that jerk when will he forget about past, our stupid teenager times. 

“Jongin-ah, come here”  my mother called me to the bar table.

“yeah mom?” I smiled

My mom took off her apron and gave it to me “put your apron on, teach Jiyeon how to make a nice latte, since you’re the one who good at it, I need to check our coffee stock backside, be good teacher to her”  my mom warned me and left, me and Jiyeon just chuckled.

“so be good to me, teacher-nim” Jiyeon teased me and laugh.

“nee, now take the milk first” I tell her and she obeyed me, but she took the caffeine instead, I can’t help but laugh.

“why?” she asked in confusion “this is milk right?”

“I told you to take the liquid milk over there, not powder milk or even caffeine” I pointed at the jar, she bite her lips in embarrassed.

“forgive me for being an amateur, blame my chef for not letting me in to the kitchen” she said while giving me the right milk.

I chuckled teasing her “there’s a slight difference between amateur and air-headed, don’t blame your chef, I know how he felt when you doing something in the kitchen” I laughed

“yah! Are you mocking at me? I’’ tell you mom about this, ahjummmm--”  I cover with hands.

“yah okay, I’m sorry hahahaha”

“aishh” she frowned but it just makes her look cuter  for me.

We finally finished making the latte after several times trying make a good one, Jiyeon never satisfied until it goes perfect, and this one seems impressed her. 

“can I put whipped cream on? I like anything with whipped cream” she grinned.  I nodded.

“you can taste it now” I said and she smiled. She sipped the the frappucino, no doesn’t sipped it, she seems likes it so she gulped it instead.   I laugh lightly looking at her face,  there’s a  whipped cream on her nose.

“why?”  Jiyeon asked. I gave her a tissue and pointed on my nose.

“oh?” she chuckled “sorry!”

“no need actually you look better with that”

 “tsk, such a teaser” she punched my shoulder lightly

“how’s  the latte? Is it good? ”

“of course it is good, I won’t gulp it if it’s bad” she smiled while tapping the cup.

“so, are you planning to take that scholars?” suddenly I just remembered it, she seems taken a back.

Jiyeon just shrugged her shoulder “I really want to, it’s a good chance right?  But the deadline is only 6 months from now, I don’t know I can make it or not”

“oh come on, I know you can do it”

“really?” I nodded

“let’s see later” she smiled, suddenly I feel regret  for encouraging her to take that scholar, it means I won’t see her for 2 years or more.

*click*

I found jiyeon taking my picture, I forgot that I’m wearing my mother’s flower apron.

“hey what are you doing?”

Jiyeon just laughing whole heartedly “look at this you’re so cute using your mother’s apron, I’ll show it to our fellow taekwondo mates”

“yah delete it”  I beg her but she just end up teased me more. 

After a lot of bickering, Jiyeon  picked by his driver, I watch her wave to me and my mom.  I can’t help but smiled at her brightness.  My mom smiled and suddenly saying something without looking at me

“you like her don’t you?”  she said still looking at Jiyeon’s car direction

“w..what?” yes only my mom who can make me lost at words like this.

“tsk, I can see it by the way you looking and taking glances at her, you never do something like that to anyone” my mom snapped at me, she got me there. I just smiled and nodded, like there’s no words to describe this kind of feelings.

“I just warned you playboy, if you really like her and you feel that she’s the one for you, treat her good, she’s not like any other girl, Jiyeon is special” she patted my back. 

 “I know mom, I know”  I smiled widely while my heart started beating unsteady. 


dear readers, i'm real sorry for break my promised on my last chapter, i can't update a few days after i post that chapter, bcs my file got deleted accidentally T.T i hope you enjoy this chapter, today is kaiyeon moment..there will be more myungyeon for next chapter, so i hope you don't mind with this chapter..keep comment pls  :)