Kibum's POV.

The Reason.

 

He never really payed attention to me before. He’d talk to the others, but he would avoid me as much as possible. When I’d try to confront him on the issue, he’d say that I was being paranoid and that I needed to stop being so dramatic about everything.

I always tried to act like I didn’t care, but it really hurt. The truth is that he was the one I wanted to be the closest to. He was so cool and talented and even though we had known each other for many years, I still didn’t really know who he was. He was always so secretive about everything. The only person he seemed to share things with was Minho.

Having to see them together all the time drove me crazy. There wasn’t a day where I didn’t want to take Minho’s place. I couldn’t wait for the moment when Jonghyun would finally realize that we were the perfect combination.

After I’d almost given up hope of us being friends, something changed. He started talking more to me and not just on our schedules, but he’d actually want to hang out together in our free time. I was in heaven.

As I’d always imagined, being his close friend was the best thing ever. But I still had this little feeling of guilt as I saw Minho get sadder each day. Even though I tried to ignore him at first, I couldn’t anymore. It affected all of us. His sadness even showed on camera and fans were starting to spread rumors.

At one point, Jonghyun even got mad at him for messing with the group’s image, but it didn’t change a thing. He only got worse. He would mope around the house all day and not talk to anyone.

To my surprise, he slowly came out of his isolation and started hanging out more with Jinki. When Minho was with him, he’d smile and even laugh sometimes. Jinki was clearly doing a good job at cheering him up, but it got on my nerves. I knew Minho was probably using him to get make Jonghyun jealous and that made me nervous.

Minho was more handsome and attractive than me. I was afraid Jonghyun would come to his senses and go back to him. Fortunately, that didn’t happen. On the contrary, our hate of them hanging out together brought us even closer. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jinki's POV tomorrow. :3