Jonghyun's POV-Final.

The Reason.

 

I was ready to close this unpleasant chapter of my life and start anew with the other members, but I couldn’t because I kept being reminded of my wrongdoings. Kibum didn’t seem to want to let go and it was making me feel really bad. I never thought I had hurt him so much and I never thought him being mad at me would drag on for so long.

That was the problem. I had taken his pain very lightly and thought everything would just go back to normal without me having to do much. It was stupid and cowardly of me to think that way. The truth was that I had never been able to face him because I knew how harsh he could be. I hadn’t been ready to be told that I had done wrong. I was still trying to hold on to my ego; the only thing I’d had left these past few weeks.

But I couldn’t keep this up anymore. If I really wanted to take a step forward in the right direction and give myself some peace of mind, I had to deal with Kibum. He deserved to have a chance to tell me everything that was on his mind. I knew that probably wouldn’t solve everything, but it would be a start.

He would probably give me hell, which fortunately didn’t happen with Minho. He had understood and hadn’t let his anger ruin our conversation. When I had finally told him why I had acted this way and apologized to him, it felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. And then, when he took me in his arms, the tears just started flowing. I hadn’t realized how much I had missed him as a friend. He had always had this way of making me feel like everything was going to be fine.

Making things right between the two of us gave me strength again. It gave me a sense of belonging. It was great to feel that after all this drama. Even though, I didn’t feel like it was all bad. In a way, I had grown from it and learnt that I shouldn’t take everyone around me for granted.

My members were the most important people in my life. We had gone through so much together and we still had a lot to achieve together too. I didn’t want to be the reason why things wouldn’t work out between us anymore.

And now that everything was starting to be great again, I still had to make everything perfect by talking to Kibum.

But, whenever I’d try to engage the conversation, he’d ignore me or just leave. Fortunately, after a few nights of failed attempts, I finally caught him alone in his room. He got up, but I had already locked the door and put my back against it. He wouldn’t be able to escape me this time.

"Kibum, please sit down," I said.

"I don’t know what you’re doing here, but please leave," he retorted, sitting down.

I sighed. I walked up to his bed and sat beside him. He rolled his eyes and moved to put some distance between us. I put a hand on his thigh, but he slapped it away. I could see that he was deliberately avoiding my gaze. I wasn’t going to force him to look at me. He would be able to hear my voice anyways.

"I want you to get everything off your chest once and for all. You’ve already said a lot, but I really want to put this behind us so even if you have to slap me, I’ll let you."

He turned his head and looked at me confused. He then smirked.

"I’d love to slap you, but that wouldn’t make you less stupid," he replied sharply.

"Okay… so what then? Please tell me how to fix things between us." I paused, putting my hand on his thigh again. He didn’t do anything this time. "I want us to be friends again. I miss-"

"Stop," he said, cutting me off. "Don’t." His bottom lip was quivering.

I knew I was taking a risk, but I wrapped my arms around him. He looked so miserable and I just wanted to make his pain go away, but I couldn’t. Holding him was all I could do. I heard sniffing noises and just held him tighter. I couldn’t believe he was crying. I had expected him to throw a tantrum, but I was glad to see him show some vulnerability.

"Kibum… I’m so sorry." I whispered before kissing his forehead.

He laughed softly through his sobs.

"Finally… a sincere apology…" he said against my chest.

I smiled. Even though it wasn’t much, to hear him laugh made me very happy. I had finally broken through his cold attitude. I suddenly felt like I would be able to save this friendship.  

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, so the next one will be the last. It'll be everyone's POV, a few months later or something like that. XD / To those who are still reading this, thank you.<3