Jonghyun's POV III.

The Reason.

 

After I had witnessed that kiss, a lot went through my mind. I didn’t want to give in into those feelings of jealousy, but as the days passed, I realized I couldn’t fight them anymore. Whenever I’d see Minho with Jinki, I could just feel my blood boil. The anger I had towards them was eating me up.

I started to be more withdrawn and that affected my relationship with Kibum a lot. There were times where I could see he was making huge efforts to cheer me up and get me out of my head, but that wasn’t enough to make me forget about Minho. I felt really bad because it slowly became clear to me that he loved me. Kibum was never good at hiding his feelings.

This made me want to put even more distance between us to prevent him from hurting more later. I wanted to make it clear that we would never be more than friends. There was only one man that I wanted and that man was Minho.

Looking back, I felt really stupid for the way I treated him. I had ruined everything we had together just because I had been so envious of him. I should’ve realized how shallow I was being at that time. Minho had always been there for me and been the best friend anyone could ever ask for. He had been my rock and I had just tossed him to the side as if he had never been important.

It’s sad to say but it took him getting close to Jinki for me to wake up and want him back. I missed him terribly, but I was afraid he’d reject me. I didn’t know how I’d proceed, but I just needed to make things right.  

After a few weeks, I wasn’t more sure of what to do. I just tried to show him that I was sorry by being nice to him on our work time. It was awkward at first since we hadn’t talked in so long, but he finally came around and started joking around with me.

From that moment on, we spent a lot more time talking in our free time too. I was really happy. All that frustration and anger I had bottled up inside melted away. I was feeling things I hadn’t felt in months. I was now completely sure that we were meant to be.

It was getting harder and harder for me to just be friends with him. I knew I had no right to ask for more, but that didn’t change the fact that I wanted him. I was afraid he had feelings for Jinki, but at the same time, I wasn’t that worried since they barely hung out anymore.

One night, as we were both alone at home, I decided to take a chance. He had been staring at me all night and I knew it was time. My lips met his and soon after, I felt his tongue slip into my mouth. I couldn’t help but smile. He was mine again.