Denial

We Are, Who We Are

 

"Did someone told you to run away from that  incident?", Kris unknowingly said it out.
 
Amber looked at him with a weird stare. "What do you mean?", she frowned.
 
"I-..I'm sorry.. I didn't meant-.."
 
"How do you know?", Amber words were so sharp that Kris felt his heart was pierced through.
 
Kris couldn't answer her. He didn't know where to start to explain his happiness. He thought Amber would have the same feeling with him.
 
Meanwhile Amber's brain was processing what was going on. Her brain tried to remember exactly what happened years ago. Who saved her? 'That boy, yes, that boy with his hazel eyes, thick eye brows, plump lips, sharp gaze..'. Then she looked at Kris's face. She froze. And all things he just said right now...
 
Amber finally realized that this ahjushi was actually the boy who saved her 13 years ago.
 
She should be happy. She should treat him some ice cream... But no.. She's not ready...
 
"I can't believe it... Is it really you? That little girl that I saved few years ago?", Kris smiled widely as he hold tightly onto Amber's shoulders.
 
Amber didn't answer. She froze in her position. Amber thought to her self, 'the problem is that you've also grown up.. perhaps too much..'.
 
She frowned. She's not ready. 'Sorry, dear ahjushi', she thought to herself before she continue.
 
"NO, I'm not!", she denied.
 
"Don't lie to me, I know you are..", he chuckled yet he seemed nervous.
 
"No, I'm not!", Amber avoided Kris hopeful gaze.
 
"W-what?",he gazed straight into Amber's eyes asking for any other answer than that.
 
"I think you got the wrong person..", she said again with her head hung low, avoiding Kris.
 
"Yah! There's not so many Amber in Korea who came from Canada and had the similar incident with me, ok!"
 
"No, I'm not the girl you're searching for!", she insisted.
 
"Well, okay then if you said so!", he was frustrated and he slumped into his couch.
 
Amber still froze in her position.
 
Kris didn't want to shout to her. He didn't want to hurt her feeling despite how much his heart was crumbled from Amber's obvious lie.
 
He grabbed his hair on his back of the head with both of his hands so tight that they might pulled off. He was restraining his anger and frustration so that Amber didn't have to be the object of his rage.
 
He couldn't take it anymore. He rose up to Amber who was looking at him as if she was pleading for forgiveness, still in her position.
 
"You can just simply say that you don't like me and want me to stay away from you instead of telling me a stupid lie, Amber ssi..", he whispered closely to her ear.
 
Amber could sense Kris's hurt and anger from his trembling whispers. She braced herself before she said, "You can actually read my mind, don't you, ahjushi?".
 
Kris hold his breath for a second, "Fine!", he hissed and then he walked out from the coffee shop.
 
Amber slumped down into her seat as soon as Kris drove off his motorbike away.
 
She cover her face with both of her hands, tears started to rolled down from her eyes. She sobbed quietly in the corner of the coffee shop.
 
She need Krystal. She took out her phone and dialed Krystal's number.
 
"Krystal!"
 
"Amber? How was your date with the handsome hot ahjushi?", Krystal .
 
"I'm screwed..", she sobbed into the phone.
 
"You what? W-what? I couldn't hear you.. Sorry, wait..", from the background on the other end of the phone she could hear the blasting hip hop song. She smirked to herself for a while, realizing that she had unintentionally disturbed Krystal's meeting with the sport boy. She heard Krystal went out from the store and the dings of the front door bells.
 
"So, you were saying?"
 
"I said I'm screwed! I made ahjushi mad!"
 
"WHAT IN THE WORLD IS HAPPENING??"
 
"You.. You better come here, right now. Sorry to interrupt your meeting, girl. But, I need you right now"
 
"Oh, never mind, sweetheart. I haven't met him anyway. I was hiding around the store actually to.. Ok, what ever. I'll come there"
 
"Thank's, Krys. It's Exotic Cafe, around two blocks from our campus"
 
"I'll be there in a second, girl! And, order for me some hot green tea latte 'cuz I know it will be a long story", Amber could sensed that she just smirked.
 
"Ok, what ever. Just come here", and so Amber hung up the phone call.
 
Amber looked at the people passing by the coffee shop, leaves were falling again as if they had their own rhythm. She pressed her hand softly onto the glass window as her tears flew down again. As if she was asking for something to comeback.
 
"Bad Amber.. Ahjushi, I'm sorry, I should've bought you some ice cream..", she whispered to herself.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
a/n: OMG! they didn't touch their food at all! Such a waste! LOL *ok, i'm lame :P*
 
oh well, sorry for the late update.. TT^TT
 
this chapter is quite terrible, please comment anyway :(
 
your comments really give me more motivation to write and update, kkk~ :)
 
love you, guys! <3 XOXO