A Prologue of Him

We Are, Who We Are

13 years ago, when he was 18 years old...

He was waiting nervously in the police office, seated on the wooden bench in front of administration room while waiting for his Dad to pick him up. He was questioned about his previously heroic yet reckless act.

He know he will be beaten to death for his stupid act. He know that his Dad will hate him because he had did something that might ruined her Dad's reputation among the businessmen.

He saw a black Porsche was anyhow parked in front of the police office. His Dad came out from the car with an unreadable face. Disappointed? Furious? Sad? Confused? He didn't even dare the look at his father's face for more than half a second.

The journey back home was as quiet as the graveyard. The tense was surrounding both of the man sitting in the car. The one with guilt and the one with disappointment.

"The police told me everything that you told them..", his Dad suddenly broke the silence.

"Are you mad at me because of that?", he braved himself to ask the obvious.

And as expected, no answer. They remained silent as the car drove off toward the mansion.

Soon as they both arrived home, he pushed the boy to the living room. He pushed him, seated on the couch.

"What the hell were you thinking??!", he yelled at him as he slapped him hard on the right cheek.

"I.. I was.. I just..."

"What??"

"I heard her little scream from the strange car as I walked down the street. And you expect me to left the little girl to face her death?"

"But you are my only son Kris! You can just left her, don't you? I don't want you to involved with the police!"

"I know.. But I really had to help that little girl... Please.."

"Who asked you to fight a man to death? Huh??!"

Kris didn't answer. He knew that it was his mistake too. But he couldn't help, the second he looked into that little girl's eyes, he want to protect her. He was furious that a sinful man could hurt a little angel like her.

"Are you possessed? Are you depressed? Is it because me and your Mom's divorcement? Or.."

"No Dad, NO. It has nothing to do with my sanity or my mentality state. It has nothing to do with Mom either. Your divorcement was over 10 years ago and it didn't really affect me."

"What ever it is.. You have to regain back your sanity."

"I'm not crazy Dad! I'm not possessed!"

"I don't want my son to be talked about in negative way. Not here, not near my business partners. You have to go to Korea, to live with your Mom, as soon as you finished your high school, which is next year."

"But Dad..!", he knelt down in front of him.

"No buts!! Go!", his Dad went to his room. Door slammed behind him.

He hope he could find her again someday...

Kris slowly take out something from his right pants pocket.

"I had to return it to her, someday...", a single teardrop fell from his left eye onto the necklace on his hand.

He smilled to himslef as he brushed his thumb over the carved name on the necklace, "Amber", he said.

"It's a vow, I'll find you", he gripped the necklace tightly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: Okay, this is the second chapter. I put it up at the smae time. Is it okay? Please comment! Thank's! ^_^