Close to You

We Are, Who We Are

"Why do birds
Suddenly appear?
Every time you are near
Just like me
They long to be
Close to you

Why do stars
Fall down from the sky?
Every time you walk by
Just like me
They long to be
Close to you.."

 

There were about two or three people on the second floor except them. It was really quiet and all that could be heard was the song played from the amplifiers in the room. The song that was played softly in the bookstore lingered into Amber's ears. She looked upon the bookshelves as the music sweetly rejoice her feelings. She took a peek to the man beside her. That was the time when she realized that her ahjushi was actually really really really handsome.

The man was lying on the bookshelf behind him, beside Amber. He was reading the book he was holding to seriously. One arm crossed over the other which was holding the book. His reading specs fell down to the tip of his pointed nose. His lips.. Oh, his lips were murmuring the words he was reading to.

Amber didn't realised that she's been looking at her ahjushi for quite some times until the song played in the bookstore changed.

'Wow, I've been staring at him for that long? Damn..', she said to herself.

Kris actually have been holding up his smile this whole time. he knew that Amber was staring at him.

She looked so cute with her blank face like that. He really want to squeeze her in his arm. Oh yeah, how often did he imagine about such thing. Would he able to hold her closely into his arm one day?

Kris took a peak of his little kiddo. She was putting on some dictionaries on the rugged floor. Perhaps those are the books that she doesn't want.

She was reaching for something above her. It's placed higher on the bookshelf. 'Huh, shorty', he chuckled to himself.

Amber didn't give up, she stepped onto the first row of the bookshelf. She was practically climbing up the bookshelf. Kris saw this and quickly approached her.

'Yah, what are you doing?", he asked worriedly.

"As you can see, I'm too short to reach this ..", she was about to take the book when she accidentally slipped.

"Yah!", Kris caught Amber into his arm.

"AH!", Amber fell her back facing Kris.

Kris couldn't stand the sudden weight on his arm so he fell down on his with him still holding Amber.

"Argh.. Oh my God, thank's God you saved me ahjushi"

"Pabo, you could've killed your self.."

"Ahjushi, don't exagerate!"

The were still groaning from pain on their butts while the quarrel. Suddenly Krystal approached them.

"Yah, you two! Where are you? Amber, I've been waiting for you like some shi--", she looked at the two people cuddling on the floor while they were groaning like they were..

"Oh my gawd! What the hell are you two doing? Don't pollute the floor, ok!?"

"What? No, Krystal, this is not like what you tink it is.. Some happened and I fell from the bookshelf and he caught me.. That's all!"

"Oh really? Well, if that's what you want me to know then.. I'll pay for my books and I'll wait you there, ok?", she left them as she giggled.

"uurgh.. That annoying little bug..", Amber chuckled to herself.

She was about to stand up when she felt a pair of arms holding her tightly.

"W-what are you doing?"

"Please.. Stay like this for a while..", he said with his y husky voice. How would Amber resist that?!

"O-Ok-kay", she leaned back to Kris's chest awkwardly.

"Just relax.. And enjoy the moment, kid..", he chuckled softly.

Amber could only let out a sigh. She didn't know what to do but to hope that her heart didn't burst out.

"Can I ask you something?", Kris suddenly said.

"S-sure"

"If Krystal is annoying, why you keep sticking with her around?"

"Because... Because the world betray us"

"What do you mean?"

"The world betray us. The world turn their back on us. We both have painful pasts and nobody wants us back then", Amber could feel Kris body tensed up when she mentioned about the dark past, "she's much stronger than me. She bring out positive energy for both of us. She's the best friend I've ever had".

"I'll never betray you..", he hugged her closer to his chest.

"I know.. If you dare to, I'll kick you in the ok.."

"Chill out girl, you sound like you are my girlfriend.."

Awkward silence. Amber felt her cheeks heat up.

Kris smiled to himself. He tilted his head to the left to see Amber's face. He giggled.

"Aw, someone's blushing..", he cupped his palms on Amber cheeks from behind as he hugged her tightly.

"Stop it, you annoying ahjushi", she chuckled.

Amber shifted her position. She leaned on her right side of her body onto his chest. She carefully leaned her right ear onto the man's chest

"Hey, I thought I'm the only one.. I've been afraid that everytime you came near me, you'll be able to hear my heart beat out from my chest.."

"Nah.. Me too, kid, me too", and he hugged her closer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: what do you guys think? It's kinda short tho TT_TT