Mother

We Are, Who We Are

Kris and Amber have been together for awhile yet no one actually know about their relationship except Krystal. The reason? Simple. Amber didn't want anyone to mock her. It's bad enough for people to tell he off because of her boyish appearance. She didn't want anyone to hurt his ajushi's feeling. He couldn't let people talk things about Kris.

The weather was getting colder as December is in few days count.

It was a cold Saturday afternoon when Kris decided to take Amber for a dinner.

"Amber ah..", Kris hold Amber's cold hands.

"Yup?", Amber startled a bit because of the sudden warmth. She peeked from the menu book.

"Why your hands so cold?", Kris's perfect eyebrows came together as he frowned.

"Why so random ahjushi? Let's order something first!"

"Seriously, put your palms around the tea pot and I'll order for you. I don't want your little fingers to get frostbitten."

"You're over reacting! Wait wha-", Kris forced Amber' hands to hold onto the porcelain tea pot.

"There, stay like this. Better right?", he smiled.

Amber couldn't help but to smile too as she tried her best to look annoyed. Kris ordered two bowls of udon and a chocolate fudge cake for their dessert. 

"Okay, now back to the topic", Kris smilled after the waitress left their table.

"Shoot!"

"I.. I don't want to spend this coming Christmas alone despite there would be my Mom and my sister. I want to spend it with you too. So, I..."

"Just say it already ahjushi~"

"Okay. So, I would like to introduce you to my Mom and my sister. What do you think?"

"Really? Well that sounds great! When?"

"After this date? How?

"Call! Let's quickly eat then, I can't wait to meet them!", she grinned widely and kris can't help to smile with her oh so cute lil' girlfriend.

They walk hand in hand out from the restaurant. Amber mood was completely good as she was so excited to meet Kris' family. In the other hand, Kris was worried. He didn't know how his Mom would react towards Amber. Amer is a sweet little angel, she would like her. But, her Mom is a traditional minded woman. She's all about 'girls have to wear skirts bellow their knees'. He could still remembered years ago when his Mother was so furious when his noona was still in  the high scholl and suddenly came home with a short boyish hair cut. He remembered laughing at his noona who was forced to wear a wig until her hair passed shoulder length.

He know took a glance at his little angel who were humming a Christmas song beside him. He unconsciously gripped Amber's hand tighter, he didn't want him to be hurt by what his Mom would possibly say at her. He want to always protect his girl. But he loves her just the way she is, no one could ever change her beacuse Amber is Amber. Amber is his little angel.

They walked until they arrived in front of a restaurant with a kimbab stall in front of it.

"Here we are. My Mom is probably inside, and my noona should come home soon"

The smile in Amber face slowly fade. Kris faced her, bent his body for a bit to be on the same eye level with Amber.

"What's wrong Amber ah?"

"Ahjushi, I'm so nervous.. How if your Mom can't accept me? How if she doesn't like me? Ho-"

A kiss sealed her words. She was startled but she kissed him back anyway.

"There, don't worry. She will love you. How can anyone possible dislike a little angel like you?", he kissed the tip of Amber's nose.

"eeeww! So cheesy, you made me had a goosebump! Stop it, eeww. Let's just go inside or I might die from your cheesy words, ajushi!", she pushed Kris as he chuckled.

They walked passed by the restaurant kitchen and into the house part on the second floor on top of the restaurant.

"Eomma~ eomma~ There's someone I want you to meet"

"Neeee~", Amber could hear a woman's voice from inside the small office room.

They were soon facing a middle aged woman with a smile wearing a casual long skirt and a blouse.

"Well Kris, who is this?", his Mom's smiled turned into the kind of smile that looks forced once she looked at Amber.

"Eomma, this is Amber. Amber, this is Song Hanna"

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Song", she bowed at her.

"And you are, dear? Kris' new friend?", she smiled questioning at Amber.

"Eomma.. I intoduce you Amber, my girlfriend"

"Your what..?"

Mrs. Song face was a complete shock. There's a slight disappointment flashed on her face.

Amber felt her heart getting heavy. A lump in .

She knew what was going to happen, she knew what Mrs.Song would say.

She tried her best not to cry.

But before anything could happen, suddenly Mrs. Song fell down and her head made a loud bang as it hit the coffee table.

Amber was so shocked by what just happened. She froze on her weakening legs. Kris ran to his Mom.

"EOMMA! EOMMA!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: What do you think? it's been forever since i last updated this crappy fic! I don't know what makes me not deleting this fic. To all my subbies, sorry for the super long upate! I love you guys! I will update soon~