Chapter 3

This Love

The two head into a small, private room. It definitely wasn't just any studio with all the expensive equipment and everything. Jiyoung, who was familiar with everything wasn't as impressed.

On the other hand, Tiffany, who never even got to hisper in awe as she observes the equipment.

"Woah..." She breathes as she notices the buttons on the sound equipment, decorated with all sorts of colors.

"Don't touch." Jiyoung ordered as she attempts to fool around with it.

"Yes sir." Tiffany mocked, giving him a salute.

Jiyoung rolled his eyes. "They might as well make me babysit her."

"Hello everyone!" The producer smiled giving the two a brief bow. "You guys reviewed the song that were sent, yes?"

The two nod in usion.

"Well, then!" He clamps his hands together. "Why don't we review the music one last time before starting?"

They both get seated in a dimly lighted room as they are told to put on headphones. Jiyoung's eyes peek over to the left to see Tiffany's gigantic headphones continuously slipping off of her small head.

She fiddles around with them, trying to make them tighter. It was quite amusing for him to see, but of course, he couldn't just do nothing.

"Come here," he sighed, tightening her headphones for her.

However, the whole scene felt rather familiar to him. As if it happened before.

"Um..." Tiffany blinked.

Jiyoung jumped, startled by the interruption of his thoughts.

"Oh, uh, sorry," Jiyoung awkwardly apologized as he continued to tightened Tiffany's headphones. "I was just remembering something..." He slowly takes a seat in his chair, completely shaken. It's been months since he left her, and Jiyoung had never been any more certain in his life that he completely forgot about her. Why did she suddenly pop into his head now?

"Alright, well we don't have much time left so let's go ahead and record the first verse," the producer announced.

Tiffany stepped into the sound booth, tippy toeing to reach the microphone.

Fortunately, everything sailed smoothly and there were no problems during the song. The recording finished by the end of the day, and although all of them were exhausted, they were satisfied by the song.

"Everything turned out great!" The producer acknowledged, a beaming smile on his face. "Editing and final touches should take up to a few hours, but since you two have done your parts, you can leave now."

 

We both enter the bus together again.

"Good work today, Jiyoung Oppa!" She cheerfully laughs as we sit down on the empty bus. I give her a look. "Since when was I your oppa? And when did you start talking informally to me?" I question, trying to let my frustration out on her.

"Well..." She tilts her head. "Then why don't I call you a nickname?" She swings her feet. "What about mouse?" She gives me a big smile. I freeze up. "What did you just say...?" I ask faintly.

"Well, since your name starts with 'Ji' and also means mouse, I thought i'd call you mouse~" She taps her head, proud of her brain work. 

I sigh. "My head is on the verge of bursting right now..." I mumble, just low enough that Tiffany wouldn't be able to hear me.

She positions her neck comfortably so that she was staring out the window, humming our song.

I guess she got more tamed. I silently sigh of relief.

"Next stop, Incheon. Next stop Incheon," the bus driver's voice echoes around the empty bus after a few minutes of waiting.

Tiffany shoots up. "Seeya, Jiyoung oppa!" She waves as she happily skips off the bus. 

I slowly shut my eyes as she finally exits the bus, my head too cluttered with thoughts to even wave goodbye.