Chaper 11

This Love

G-Dragon's POV

I  sigh. Some say it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, but it can still be heartbreaking for some. I thought I knew that already. Never had I realized how wrong I could be.

I sat down at a local park bench, waiting for Tiffany. Complicated thoughts clouded my mind, as I thought about how I would break it to her. Seriously- how am I suppose to tell her? That'd be like slapping her right across the face. In fact, I'd rather do that instead.
 
I let out a frustrated groan, digging my face into my hands. I know it'll hurt her, but at least I know she'll be better off. I can't be selfish now. I already took too much from her. I nod, comforting myself. That's right. She needs to forget about me. She'll find someone else- someone better than me. Someone who won't cause her as much pain.
Suddenly I hear a familiar shout, interrupting my thoughts.
 
"Mouse!" Tiffany shouts, running towards me.
If she only knew each step would be closer to a heartbreak, she wouldn't be as excited about meeting me.
 
Nevertheless, I give her a smile, and stand up from my seat to greet her.
"Hey, Mouse!" She playfully nudges me. "I missed you."
"Oh," I smile nervously. "I missed you too!" I could already feel the guilt slowly killing me.
She tilts her head. "Is something wrong?"
I shake my head. "No, but... I have something to tell you."
"Okay, let me hear it!"
I swallow nervously. "Well... it's just that..." I trail off.
 
I take a deep breath, as my face turns serious. "It's just that... that I don't think this is working." I avoid her eyes, unable to look at the shock and confusion in them.
 
She stayed silent for a while. "What do you mean?"
"You know what I mean," I told her.
"No, I don't actually." Her voice gets lower. "And I'd like you to explain."
 
I shuffle my feet. "I think we should break up." I hesitantly say. A painful silence passes by, before she finally speaks up.
"What...?" Her voice cracks. "But..."
I look up at her, staring into her eyes- showing her how serious I felt about this. "I'm sorry."
 
She slowly shakes her head. "Sorry isn't good enough." She softly whispers. She stares at me, her eyes wet with tears, that were threatening to roll down her cheeks.
I feel a pang in my heart. "Tiffany..."
"I gave up everything..." She says, her lips quivering. "I can't lose you too."
I get silenced. What was I suppose to say?
"Please..." She grabs my arms. "Don't go."
 
I gently let her grasp slip off of me. "It's better for you," I assured. "It's better for everyone." I took a step backwards. "I'm sorry... I... I need to go." Turning around, I then proceed to walk down the road- not even looking back.
 
"Why..." I hear her from behind me. "WHY?!"
 
I ignore her, and instead walk faster into the road.
 
Suddenly, a blinding light shines on me from the side of the road. My eyes widen as I notice a speeding van, coming towards me. Petrified, I could only shut my eyes to await my doom.
 
Until I felt a push.

 

I watched as Jessica broke through the hospital doors, running after me. "Where is she?!" She demanded. "What happened to her?"

I ignored her, guilt silencing me. She grabbed my collars. "Tell me." She threatened me, her teeth gritted tightly.

I cried softly, my entire trembling uncontrollably. I couldn't bring myself to say anything. Suddenly I feel a stinging force, slap me across the face. My eyes widen in shock.

"She never should have met you..." Jessica hissed.

I stared at my feet, my eyes getting blurry with the steady amount of tears pouring out of it. I bit my lower lip, trying to contain myself.

Jessica opened to say something, but was gently interrupted.

"E-excuse me?" A doctor hesitantly broke up our little argument. "Are you the guardian of Hwang Miyoung?"

Jessica nods. "I'm her sister."

"Please come this way."

I didn't know if I was allowed to come as well, but I did anyway. Eventually we came across a room far down at the corner. Surprisingly, Lee Soo Man was there too. Jessica and I both dipped our heads as a polite greeting. He nodded.

"Well?" Jessica impatiently demands as the doctor examines a clipboard.

"She's awake," He says, still reading the contents of the clipboard. "But it appears there's something wrong with her spinal cord."

All three of us stay silent.

"And..." Jessica spoke up. "What's wrong with it?"

He gave each of us a brief look. "Her legs are unable to function now."

"Will she be able to walk again?" Lee Soo Man asked. "Is it only temporary?"

"I'm afraid only time will tell," the doctor gives us three a brief look before walking away.

I feel myself turning numb as I gulp, feeling slightly queasy. "What did I do?" I whispered to myself. Jessica bolts inside the door, followed by the rest of us trailing behind her.

We find Tiffany in a wheel chair, staring out the window. I wasn't even sure of she noticed us come in.

"Tiffany?" Jessica confronted, slowly walking over to her.

"Leave," she whispered, not even facing us.

"Tiffany, please." Jessica reasons, gently placing her hand on Tiffany's shoulder.

"LEAVE!" Tiffany screamed, hurling a cup over to our direction. It shattered onto the wall, leaving a fractured dent.

"How dare you act in such a way in front of an adult?!" Lee Soo Man roared, before shoving his way out through the door.

Jessica shoulders slowly loosened up, as if she had lost hope. "Alright." Her voice soft and quiet. "I'll come back later."

That left us two alone. I stared at her, feeling somewhat hesitant and slightly awkward. She continued to stare out the window, motionless.

I lowered my gaze. "I'm sorry..."

Tiffany didn't move a muscle.

Feeling dejected, I slowly turned away, taking small steps out through the door.

"Please..." I heard Jessica beg as I closed the door behind me. "Just give her a chance."

"No." Lee Soo Man snapped. "There's no way."

"But..."

"Do you want to get kicked out as well?"

Jessica bowed her head, getting silent.

"Good." He concluded before walking away. "And don't even let me see you get late today."

What was that about? I blinked, observing Jessica who wasn't moving at all- much like Tiffany.

"What..." I trailed off. "What happened?"

She turned away from me. "You ruined her life," she murmured before walking away.

"W-wait!" I followed her down the corridor. "What do you mean?"

"Just stop."

"What...?"

She abruptly stopped walking. "Just stop torturing us both and leave us alone!" She yelled before storming off.

I froze, silently processing what just hit me. A surge of misunderstanding swelled up in my body as I kicked the wall- letting out a grunt of anger.