Chapter 10

This Love

"It's 10:30!" I celebrate. Training for today was finally over. I stretch as I flip open my pink cell phone and check for any messages. "Oh?" I smile. "Mouse messaged me?" I feel a wave of bubbly pink spread through my body. I bite my lip out of anticipation as I open it.

"Fany ah, I'll buy you dinner ^0^ come outside!"

10:28 pm

I sprint out the building in a flash, grabbing my jacket in the process. I felt as if I could run a mile. All of my life long dreams were coming true.

I stumble on the steps before finally running over to Jiyoung's car. "Mouse!" I call as I leap into his arms. He chuckles as he ruffles my hair. "Are you hungry?" He asks as he ushers me to his car. "Very," I grin. He smiles.

"So where are we going?" I ask as we start moving.

"You'll see."

We stay silent for the first few minutes. However, I start talking out of curiousity. "So does anyone else know?" I nudge him. He keeps his eyes on the road. "About what?" He blinks. "You know..." I awkwardly fiddle with my jacket's zipper. "That we're..." I trail off. Fortunately, it was enough for him to get what I was talking about.

"Oh, ahahaha," He shifts around in his seat.

He takes a deep breath."No, not really..." He eventually admits after staying silent for a while. 

I slowly nod. I stare at my lap. "Is this wrong?" I suddenly whisper. This time, he looks at me. "What is?"

I slowly raise my gaze to look at him. "Is what we're doing wrong?" I repeat.

"Oh... that?" He softly smiles. I nod. "Is this okay to do?"

He sighs before parking his car. He shifts his body towards me. "Miyoung ah..." He gently says as he runs his fingers through my hair. "We're human," he explains. "We love too... we need it." I swallow.

"But you're an idol..." 

"That doesn't mean our rights to live as humans should disappear."

Still unsure, I don't respond. He pulls me over to a hug. "Isn't this what you wanted, afterall?" He jokes. My mouth turns into a small smile.

Upon reaching the restaurant, we sat down at a table in the corner of the restaurant, making sure that our faces were covered by our hats. Amazed I look around the gigantic diner. "What do you think?" He grins as he opens one of the menus. "I've never went to a restaurant like this..." I awe. 

"What do you wanna eat?" He asks.

I shrug. "I guess I'll eat what you eat."

"Aw c'mon," he hands the other menu to me. "You said you never went to a place like this- you might as well enjoy it."

Eventually, I open the menu that was handed to me. My eyes sparkle as I read all sorts of delicious foods. I my lips just imagining eating all of it.

The waitress comes up to us. "What would you like to order?" She slips out a pen that was resting on her ear and gets ready to write it on her notepad.

"I'll have the sashimi plate," we both say in usion. Surprised, we both stare at each other. "Two Sashimi Plates..." the waitress echoes as she scribbles it down on her notepad.

In about ten minutes, our orders came. Although we were awkward, we managed to eat at a leisure pace.

Pretty soon, our plates were empty.

"Thank you for the meal, Mouse!" I rest my head on his shoulder as we exit the restaurant. He wraps his hand around mine as we walk down the sidewalk. "Was it good?" He asks. I nod, somewhat shocked at the sudden skinship. "That's good..." he smiles. 

I get awoken by Jessica's whisper. "Hwang Miyoung, get up," she says sternly. My dull eyes rip open. "Did you tell our CEO or not?" She throws the covers off of me. 

My heart sinks. "What do you mean?" I ignorantly ask as I sit up from my bed. She glares at me. "I'm not joking," she growls. "Did you tell him?"

Petrified, I do nothing but stare back at her. She stressfully sighs. "Go to Lee Soo Man right now," she orders. "He's asking for you."

I bite my lip as I obediently walk out our dorm, still in my nightshirt. I slowly climb each staircase in a dreadful manner until I reach the CEO's office. I stick my ear close to the closed door until I suddenly hear his voice.

"I know you're out there," I hear his voice rumble. "Come in right now."

I gulp as I open the door. 

Lee Soo Man's gaze was glued onto his computer, his sleep deprived eyes barely even blinking. I slowly tiptoe over to the chair, not even daring to make a single sound.

For what seemed like hours, he didn't say a single word. I was almost thinking that he didn't realize I was here. Eventually, he got up from his seat and made his way to the seat across from me. I almost wished he didn't.

"Why did you do it," he suddenly hisses.

Taken aback, I don't respond.

"W-what do you mean, sir?" I stutter uncontrollably. 

He gives me a look of pure anger and throws what seemed to be a newspaper on the table. I flinch.

"What is this I see?" He growls.

My eyes stretch wide in horror as I read the print.

"KPOP STAR G-DRAGON AND A MYSTERIOUS GIRL

A local neitzen has taken a picture of Kpop Star, G-Dragon with a mysterious girl at approximately 12:30am. They were spotted holding hands walking down the street. Further research concluded that the mysterious female was actually the trainee featured in the hit song, With You. Fans have been starting a riot online whether or not they are in a relationship or not. Many unhappy fans have been targeting the trainee to take the blame for this incident."

My stomach lurched as I read the final words. I kept telling myself to apologize but for some reason my mouth wasn't listening. "Did I, or did I not tell you to never get into any kind of trouble- including scandals?" He glares at me.

His soft-pitched voice sends shivers down my body. I gulp.

"You did, sir," I squeak.

"Then why did you disobey me?" He demands. "Is this how you're going to be from now on?"

"No, sir."

He sighs. "You're performance grade came out," he mutters. "Each day more trainees are coming in and you, in particular are becoming less and less favorable."

I stare into my lap.

"Do you like him?" He suddenly asks after a long pause. My eyes dart up with a flustered expression. However, I still remain silent. He shifts in his seat. "Miyoung, I need you to tell me something."

I nod.

"Are you willing to pick carreer over love?" He he waves the newspaper in front of me. "Because if you aren't willing to, you picked the wrong dream to be following."

"What...?" I breathe. "No, I can do both!" I give him a desperate look. He avoids my eyes. "Are you admiting that you aren't willing to?"

I violently shake my head. "I said I can do both!"

He stays silent for about five minutes, until he finally positions his gaze towards me. "Get out of SM."