War

Fire

I was simply lucky to wake up another day..Seunghyun spared my life in the battle,I do not know why,but nonetheless I felt happy for that meant that he accepted my presence…It was a bold move,I knew that,but a necessary one for he must understand that I am a woman that it is capable of fighting for her own safety,that I have a personal will…yes,I would die for him,if that is what he wants,but I will do it in my own way,when I choose to…I am not a toy,I am a fire bender,and even if I am not as strong as he is I deserve respect..

                Heat imbraced me as I remember the way Madra looked at him…i knew she liked Top,I knew she craved for him in the same way as I did…and as much as I pittied her ,my flame was jealous…it kept saying that he is ours,we do not share….but what is there to share,if he wasn’t in our possession to begin with?Will I ever be fit for his wishes?Will I be strong enough to resist a life without his heart?It paines me to think that I will be just a necessary person for the kingdom but not for the king’s heart,that I will be just a prize won after a long battle…will I settle myself to being just an object?Not a toy,but nonetheless an object?

-Mylady,I see you have awaken…I come on behalf of the king…His majesty wishes for you  to join him in the Throne Chamber!A maid told me…

-Good morning!Is it something else I should know about?I asked…

-No,mylady,those where the orders..i do not know nothing else about this matter…I was assigned to help with your dressing and to communicate the king’s wish…

-Then so be it! I was too tired and sad to even care about this matter anymore..today was not a good day…for my thoughts kept bringing me back to the gloom reality that awaited me…

-What dress should I pick for you mylady?the maid asked me…

-I do not care,I will leave this matter to you!i said…a life without love will be like dieing every day…it will be like going through hell and back ,till you find the road familiar and that becomes your home…

-My lady…may I speak?the maid asked me

-Yes you  may…I am not a ghastly person,you are free to say what is it that you wish…I told the rather old maid…

-Thank you mylady…I have more that 25 years of working for the royal family…I know the king since the day he was born,when everything was beautiful and calm,when Larisium was a happy place to live in…I’ve seen him grow up to be the best in every thing he did,and I was proud…but sad as well,for I could see the way his heart darkened…do not think that he is merely cruel,for I know that deep down,rests a wonderful man,a strong but hurt one…I’ve seen many girls that tried to get through his armor,but none like yourself…My lady,you are wise,and I can sense that you love our king..do not give up,nor let those restless thoughts get to you….he did not kill you,he did not reject you when he had the occasion…and that is a victory that only you managed to get…

Her words touched my heart….the idea that I was somehow special made my body fill with joy….

-Thank you!for your words bright my day…I said to the maid…

-I am happy to hear that!Should we proceed with  dressing?the maid asked…

-of course!I said

After that I was escorted to the kings location,the Throne Chamber…and as the doors were being opened I found myself craving for his face…for I missed his eyes,his body, his all like the dessert misses water ….and there he stood,like a fallen god,waiting for his servants….waiting to be freed of the pain and the hurt….waiting to fly away to the place he belongs to….

-Good morning my king!I said while bowing….I heard that you wish to speak to me…

-Yes,that is true!Top said in his usual baritone voice…We have something to settle before I go into battle…he said once again

-Battle,mylord?I said while feeling my heart burst with fear….

-Yes,the ice kingdom has declared war!It is my duty to settle an example and protect this place…but before I do so,I must leave you with a schedule…Mother will rule in my absence,so I trust you listen to her orders…is that understood?

-Yes sire!I said while bowing…

-you will continue with your training,in order to improve your tactics…and you will also receive administration courses…a good queen must know her kingdom well…do not fail me for I will not have mercy upon you….i will check your progress once I retrieve from battle…and if I don’t find them satisfying than you will leave Larisium for ever…top said while looking into my eyes….those pitch black eyes…

-Yes sire,I understood,do not worry for I will give my best to furfill my duties….i…wish you luck in battle,and may you return all safe and happy….I said,while trying my best not to cry,for I was scared for his safety,for his life…I knew Seunghyun is strong but….i feared that he will get hurt,or even worst,die…my life would mean nothing without him by my side…

-you may leave now,he said…

But I did not want to go…so I somened al my courage and asked:

-Can I stay a little longer?

-Why would you want to do that?he asked clearly interested…

-I want to spend a little more time with you,before the battle begins…It will take days,and I wont be able to see you Sire…

-Do you find it hard to stay without me?he asked with a serious expression…

-I do!i must admit that I do….I said…

-You are acting like a silly girl…a queen never shows her weaknesses…nor admits her feelings to anyone..Top said while glaring at me…I could feel the  tension between the two of us…I angered him,I knew it was my time to leave,but before I left I told him:

-You are not just anyone….

 

 

The day passed quickly,filled with worries,filled with concern for Top…with hatred against the ice kingdom,with boredom and fear….and I knew that the departure time has arrived,so I gathered my strength and went to say good bye to the king and our army…but before I could do that a tall and strong man blocked my path…

-I am afraid I can not let you go into the Throne Chamber mylady!he said..

-And why is that?i asked with despair…

-The king’s order is to not let you pass..

-But why?I asked almost in tears….

-Because you must learn that he does not like weak persons…he does not wish to see you…this is a lesson that you have to learn mylady,do not anger our king for we both know what he is capable of doing…I do not understand why is it that he chose to keep you away,nor why was he so angry,but an order is an order…I must obey..i am truly sorry my lady…the man said with a pained expression…

I have been rejected by the only object of my love,and I knew I made a big mistake….but I wanted to let him know that he is loved and cared for before he went to battle…for I was scared that he wouldn’t make it back…I was selfish and I had to pay for that….but it pained me,it almost destroyed me to not be able to say goodbye….and it made me mad,for I knew that Madra was with Top,she was allowed to touch him and to join him in battle…I would have fought with him as well,and died if the situation recuired so…

The days that followed were hard,for I knew nothing about the war,about seunghyuns fate,I was confined to do my chores,practice my battle skills and act like nothing is wrong….yet…everything seemed silenced by his absence,even my flame refused to start for she missed his fire,his strength….and I kept asking myself,will I be able to resist without a single news about him?

The queen kept on  telling me that I must control my feelings,that top will return and he will not be pleased to hear of my rebellion…she kept on saying that her son was a strong man and that everything will be fine…that he did not made me leave the castle because he was intrigued…..and that the last order he gave was because I startled him…I showed the emotional and weak part of me,I chose to let him know that he is cared for,and that angered him,for I saw a crack in his shield…

Maybe she was right,but that did not ease the pain,nor the struggle to keep myself strong,for I was rejected and tossed aside like a little puppy that dares to struggle against his master’s leash….and so days passed,weeks and even months before the news I weeped for came…

Our army was to return victorious from the battle….that night I dreamed about Top,about his piercing glare,and baritone voice,I dreamed that he let he join him,take care of him and acknowledge my presence and my love..

And here I was,in theThrone Chamber,waiting for the man of my dreams to come,I could hear footsteps and greetings from the servants…he was near…and my flame knew it for it started to rise inside of me….

-my fire is finaly home,she said…

And here he was,surrounded by his men,all covered in blood and furious….

-Welcome my son!The queen greeted Top…I am happy to see that you are allright…she said while hugging him…

-Thank you mother!But what is she doing here?He said while looking in my direction…I gave specific orders to not let her participate in this reunion…Seunghyun said while glaring at me…

-I know that my king!But I chose to let her join us for she is your future queen…you must respect her!

-that is not necessarily true,mother and we both know it!She hasn’t passed all my tests yet and I do not think she will be capable of doing so…I will be leaving now to take my bath…as you can see I am tired and wounded…I need to tend to my needs..do not interrupt me….i am angry as it is….

And so he left the chamber,leaving me all stung and bewildered…so I was nothing to him,all this time in which I consumed my mind with his safety,and I meant nothing to him…blood boiled,anger rised....he can not leave me like that…he will be loved even if I have to tie him down to do that…

-Mother queen,can I join the king?I asked

-I do not think it is such a good idea,she said…my son is angry,he can hurt you…

-please….the guards wont let me enter unless you tell them to…please….i am willing to die!but give me your permission..i begged…

-Then so be it..guards het to the Bath region….the queen said

-thank you my queen!I said while bowing…

-Be careful my child,satan is far more less dangerous than my son when he is angry!i trust you act wisely….she said before I left…

After a couple of minutes I found myself in front of the door that I wanted  to open…I knew this was not a wise decision,but the man I loved was wounded and tired…I needed to help him,to ease away his pain,even with the cost of my own one…

So I entered into a chamber that had a massive roman bath inside of it…candles were the only source of light and steam made the atmosphere almost intimate…in the middle of this dark ocean stooded  the one I so desperately wanted to help,his back facing me….blood covered his body,and from this distance I could distinguish whip markes…but they were old ones,not from this battle,and that intrigued me…were they from another war or from his childhood,after all the queen did tell me that top had a bad life…but just how bad?

And while I was lost in my own little game I failed to see the fact that he turned around facing me…

-Do you have a death wish?he asked

-No I don’t…I said….

-Did I not tell you to leave my presence?He said…are you crazy,woman?

-No I am not!i said while taking a step closer ….i wanted to join him in the water and help him clean up….thakfully I chose to wear a simple red dress,made of silk that floated around me,with a deep cut around my left leg,it was a simple yet stunning dress,similar to those that greek goddeses used to wear…and,as I was approaching him I could only see his upper side of the body,but somehow I knew he wasn’t completely …it felt good,and even if I was afraid I knew deep down that this was my only chance to help him…so I mustered enough courage to stand in front of him,the water coming just above my hips…

-you have courage…I’ll give you that!top said….what do you want?he asked with an amused face

-To help you clean and take care of your wounds..i said

-really?and why is that?did you come to tell me that you can not live without me?He asked while grinning

-no,I understood that you do not like those type of things!I am merely a servant tonight…I want to serve my king!i said while staring into his eyes..and something in his expression told me it is wise to proceed to my tasks…

So I took a sponge and started to clean his toned body,marveling at each muscle that twitched ,at every portion of his skin,at each centimeter of his being…careful not to scratch his wound I could feel my body heating..my flame was delirious,drunk with top’s smelt,she wanted more,and more…so I couldn’t control myself from planting  a soft kiss upon one of the whip marks.

That took him by surprise,and I could feel him tensing under my touch…

-What are you doing?Seunghyun asked…

-trying to ease the pain..i simply said while hugging him from behind and planting just another kiss on one of his wounds…

But the hug did not last long for I felt his strong arms grabbing me from behind and tossing me into one of the pools walls and before I even had the chance to recollect myself from this sudden attack ,he was only an inch away ,staring directly at me with a fierce expresion  on his face…

-never do that again if you want to live long enough!he said while coming closer and closer…till his body was fully pressed against mine…I was trapped for the wall behind did not allow me to escape…

I panicked and tripped,but he caught me before I could hit myself,he put both of his hands on my hips and I put mine on his nape while my legs s their way around his body and  circled his waist…he pressed even harder,our bodies molding into each other,starring directly into my soul,and before I even knew what happened he had his lips on mine,giving me an earthcrashing and heartbreaking kiss…

 


Sorry for my mistakes but i didn't have the time to check it!please enjoy and comment!