Eight

Regret... It's Too Late

"TOP, the student council is requesting for a meeting." Daesung reminded him. The group was chilling lazily in the school's field, taking shelter in the shade of a tree. It was lunch time and they had no amount of energy to step in the overcrowded cafeteria. This made GD order food instead. 

"I know. Well then, I'm going." TOP replied as he glanced at his watch. Realizing that it was almost time for the meeting, he stood up and bid his friends goodbye. He then proceeded to walk towards the student council office.

 

 

...

 

 

 

Opening the door of the student council office, he discovers that everyone was already there waiting for him. He then fixed his uniform and walked to his seat. 

"So I guess we are all here." He said after clearing his throat. He then took out a bunch of folders from his bag and placed it on the table. The other members did the same, leaving a stack of folders.

"CL isn't here yet." The secretary, Baek Suzy, stated. Almost instantly, the door flung open revealing a panting CL.

"Sorry if I'm late." She apologized as she hurried to her seat. She had a momentary awkward eye contact with TOP before she looked away. Almost like there was a hint of sympathy on her face.

"So vice president, why did you call for a meeting?" He asked as he shifted to a more comfortable position on his seat.

"That's because as all of you have noticed, there is a sudden disturbance in school." CL replied as she spread lots of papers on the table. 

"Ms. V, are you talking about the event where a group of students, probably consting of 5, were hospitalized for a possibility of  taking drugs?" Jinki, the Treasurer, asked.

"Or the unfortunate event of the attempted self-murder of one of the students?" Suzy asked. She shook her head in response.

"Nope because as all of you have recalled, we have thankfully solved all those problems." She said with a hint of pride in  her voice.

"Then what are you getting at CL?" TOP asked. She looked at him and then passed a folder thick with paper.

He scanned the folder. Inside it were large individual images of some vandals in the school specifically some classrooms, the cafeteria and the hall.

"You have witnessed the various vandalisms here in inside the school building. Most are graffitis about us incapable of doing our job." She began.

"If this is applied in our society, this people are rebels, aren't they? They have insulted us a number of times through their graffitis and I admit that when the insult is too much, I cry at night." One of the class representatives said.

"I'm guessing that you want to put this to a stop?" TOP predicted.

"Exactly. Their vandalism is not to be ignored. If this were in society, they have commited a crime. We have paid a lot of cash just to restore the dirty walls which were full of their graffiti and then the next day, there would be another batch and then we'd have to repaint them again. In short, it is a waste of money. Not only that, it is a pure inconvinience to both the teachers and the students." She said and everyone nodded in agreement. 

"Mr. President, I want you to help us put a stop to this." She said to him. He smiled in response and furrowed his eyebrows thinking of a possible solution.

"We have to conduct a secret investigation on this" With that, everyone nodded in agreement. 

" Placing cameras all over the school is a good start." He said. 

"TOP, if you are talking about CCTVs then aren't they noticeable? The rebels could simply cover the cameras and do their dirty work." Suzy asked.

"Then in that case, we won't be working on CCTV cameras but spy cameras. You know, the types of cameras which are barely noticeable. That's what we need." He said.

"In that case, I volunteer as the person to make and send this request form to the teachers." CL said.

"But how are we gonna buy that? I think it would also cost us a lot." Jinki asked. With this, CL and TOP looked at each other with a hint of discomfort. Then, he faced the treasurer.

"Well, I know a friend whose father makes cameras. I've heard that he is capable of producing spy cameras. Maybe he could give us a special discount" He replied while shifting uncomfortably on his seat.

"Who would that friend be?" One of the class representatives asked. CL and TOP looked at each other again.

"That would be Dara." CL replied. Instantly there was an awkward silence. Everyone knew what happened to them. I mean, who wouldn't? It was big news for the school's most known couple to break up.

"Well then, that would be our first move for now. I'll call another meeting in the future." TOP said after awkwardly clearing his throat. Everyone then began putting their folders back in their bags.

"One last thing, are you the one who would ask him? I mean, CL volunteered to send the form so it has to be you. None of us aren't that close to Dara." Suzy said. TOP paused for quite a long moment before answering.

 

 

...

 

 

"Yup, I guess it would be me." He finally replied.

 

 

_______________________________________...................._______________________________________

 

 

" Dara, let's go out and celebrate." Jaejoong offered Dara as they went out of the teacher's office. A huge smile was plastered on both of their faces. She nodded in response and squeeled in joy.

"Jaejoong, we did it! We did it! We did it, yeah! Lo hicimos, we did it!" She rejoiced as she danced to the song of "Dora the Explorer". He just looked at her in amusement and laughed at her humurous action.

 

...Moments before that...

"Okay ladies and gentlemen, we will now present. Sit back and relax." Jaejoong said with a confident smile. Dara then immediately scanned the laptop and opened their presentation.

"Well to start off...." And so their presentation began. Instead of a powerpoint presentation, they used the application prezi. As they presented, she couldn't help but smile. The teachers had a satisfied look on their faces, clearly contented with it. 

The teachers nodded their head in understanding. Whenever they asked questions, Dara and Jaejoong were able to answer them correctly. This impressed them even more.

Finally when the presentation was over, everyone gave them a loud applause as they bowed their heads. They also shook hands with each of the teachers who were the judges of the Science Investigatory Project.

After having a small talk with the teachers, they all went out of the room except for Dara and Jaejoong. They were packing their things stuff up starting from the laptop then the projector and then some other stuff.

"Congratulations Dara. Your presentation was indeed marvelous." Sora suddenly came into view. She was clapping her hands and was smiling like the mad woman she is.

"Why thank you Sora. I never thought you would say that." She replied. Now she thought that maybe Sora wasn't that much of a .

"Oh sorry, what? hmmm... That was actually me being sarcasstic." She said with an amused smile. She shook her head and clicked her tongue a couple of times as she walked around me.

*Change of mind. She's really a .* She thought as she cracked her knuckles. If god didn't forbid it, she would've knocked her unconscious right now.

"Come on. The teacher said that we should meet her in the office." Jaejoong interrupted their glaring contest. He grabbed Dara's arm and dragged her out the door.

"I swear I'll come and get her someday." Dara said in a low voice as she clenched her fist. He noticed it and held it with this hand. He then massaged it so that it would loosen.

"I know you won't." He smiled at her which for some reason made her shiver.

And so when they arrived, the teacher told them the great news.They were chosen as a representative for the class. This was it. One of Dara's dreams fulfilled. This takes her one step closer to being the top of the her class.

...Back to when Dara was being like Dora X)) ....

 

"Where should we go?" Jaejoong finally asked. It took a long time for him to regain his composure especially when Dara did her "Dora dance".

"Hmmm... I know! To save money, let's just eat in the park." Dara suggested with a big smile.

"Park? You mean you want to eat in those food stalls?" He asked her. She nodded excitingly in response. He bit his lip and thought of something.

"Can I bring Lauren with us?" He asked. This made her brighten up even more. She twirled and then gave two big thumbs-up.

"Of course." She said with a wink. It hasn't been long since she last saw his little sister but now she really wanted to see her again. I mean, who doesn't want to look at that cute little girl? Huh? Who?

And so with the use of his car, they drove to Lauren's school to pick her up. Then with a honk of his car, Lauren came strutting her stuff towards the car.  When Dara took a look at her, omg she just wanted to pinch her cheeks so much.

The cute little lady was wearing a bright, striped cardigan, underneath it was a white tee with feminine detail. She was also wearing a dark-wash denim with a nice cuff, with a smart leather belt  that really pulled the outfit together, and then she wore a classic colored ballet flat. She looked so mature yet so cute!!

She hopped in the back seat and placed her red-striped backpack aside. 

"Hello oppa!" She hugged Jaejoong with such sweetness that Dara felt that her heart was gonna melt. He hugged her back and kissed her forehead.

"Hi Lauren! You look so cute with your outfit." Dara cooed. Lauren looked at her from head to toe and gave a huge smile. She was taken aback at her reaction.

"Thank you. You also look great with your outfit unnie and you too oppa." She complimented with a wide smile. Then she grabbed one of her fairytale books and started reading.

Dara was wearing a dark brown lightweight boyfriend cardigan with a pink lace-embroidered tank top underneath. For her bottom, she wore gray slightly-ripped skinny jeans and a pink-laced sandals.

Jaejoong was wearing a black v-necked graphic tee, a light-wash denim and white sneakers. He is as simple as that yet there's something about him that makes him look really good in any outfit he wears. 

 

 

....

 

 

In just a few minutes, they arrived in their local park. Everywhere it was green. The green grass was blowing gently in the breeze. Teenagers were running on the grassy land, kicking the ball all over the place, trying to be a professional footballplayer. 

There was a beautiful garden on the far side of the park. It had a beautiful variety of flowers and trees. Beside it was a children's playground consisting of swings, slides, monkey bars and lots of stuff which Dara wasn't familiar of. Near them were a whole bunch of food stalls.

"I'm hungry. How about we start eating in that hotdog stand?" Jaejoong suggested as he nudged the two girls. Soon after, they started visiting different food stalls and filling their mouths with the delicacies. They ate till they felt so full that they had to rest on a bench.

"I'll go to the garden." Lauren said as she stood up from the bench. 

"No you are not. Sit here with us and we will go there later." He said. The little lady just crossed her arms and pouted, clearly unwilling to do what she is told.

"Come on Jae. She'll just be there in the garden. It's safe because we're just near." Dara tried to convince him. He thought for a moment and gave out a sigh.

"Fine. Just be careful and don't talk to strangers, okay?" He said to her. With that, Lauren beamed a smile and instanly ran to the garden.

"Don't be so overprotective." Dara jokingly said. He just gave a small glare and pulled out his ipod. He placed the left earphone on his ear and the other on Dara's. So they sat there peacefully istening to music with their stomach full. *A beautiful day.* Dara thought.

"Oh my, such a sweet couple." An old lady said as she passed by the two of them. They didn't notice though, 'cause they were too indulged with the music.

 

 

...

 

 

"Waaah, what a beautiful flower. It smells good,too." Lauren said as she bent down to smell the flower. The garden was solemn and silent that even her small cute voice seemed so loud.

*Soft Crying Sounds*

She then heard the sound of someone crying. It wasn't annoyingly loud but dangerously soft. Almost like the sound of a g-.

*Lauren, don't think like that. Ghosts aren't real.* She tried to convince herself but she started to shake. The garden and the playground was empty with only her as the living soul. She was sure of that because she checked.

Suddenly she felt and heard the sound of the wind and she tried to shake away the feeling that something is following close on her heels. Then the crying suddenly grew louder like it was begging for help. That's when she felt the fear and uneasiness.

The scary rattling and creaking of the nearby swings didn't do any better. She shivered as though ice had replaced her spine. Again, the cold air enveloped her little body that even her layer of clothing was not enough to protect against the deathly cold.

*I need to get out of here.* She thought as she started to walk back but then, louder the cries became. This sent goosebumps on her body. She looked side to side but as she dreaded, no one was there.

Tears started to come out from her eyes as the crying grew louder and louder,almost like it was getting nearer. She would look again but no one was there. But again she looked for the source of the voice, when on the corner of her eye she caught sight of a white-thing that she didn't even dare to find out what.   

She felt her knees weaken so she fell to the cold ground. Now she was sobbing as she hugged her knee and buried her face. The crying grew even louder and even silent footsteps could be heard.

*I don't know what's there but I hope I won't find out. Mom help me! The footsteps are drawing closer. I don't know what it is! I can't see anything. Help me. Help me!* She screamed deep inside as she forced her eyes shut.

*Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help m--* " AHHHH-----H!!!!" She stood up and screamed as she felt a cold touch on her shoulder. She stood up but her eyes were still closed. She buried her face in her hands as she cried even more.

"DON'T HURT ME!!" She shouted as she continued to cry. She felt the cold touch again but this time on both of her shoulders. 

"Miss! It's alright I'm human." A voice said. She hesitantly opened her eyes only to see a boy with a tear-stained face.

"Were you the one crying?" She asked as she wiped away her tears.

"Yup, I'm Leo by the way." He said with a smile as he reached out a hand to shake. She looked at his hand and then she felt her blood surging to her face. 

"YAH! How could you scare me like that?" She demanded an answer as she angrily smacked his hand away. He seemed shocked as he rubbed his aching hand.

"I'm lost,okay? That's why I cried." He admitted. She just crossed her arms and frowned.

"You better apologize for scaring me." She demanded.

"Look, a devil in an angel's clothing." He mumbled but she heard it so she lightly smacked his head.

"Let's just go,okay? I'll help you find whoever you're looking for and you have to treat me ice cream." She said as she nudged him to walk. Instantly, his face brightened up as he smiled gratefully to her. She just rolled her eyes in return,though.
 

 

...

 

 

"Oppa, I found a lost puppy." Lauren's voice interrupted the peaceful silence. Jaejoong forced his eyes open only to find out that Dara fell asleep on his shoulders. He gave a little smile and then he looked at his little sister.

"Yah! I'm not a puppy, you cry baby." Leo insulted. The little girl formed an O with as if she was shocked of what he said.

"Look who's talking." She said while faking a laugh.

"Stop it Lauren. What's your name little kid?" He asked. This time, Dara was awake and she looked at the cute little kids in pure amusement.

"Waahhh! So cute." She cooed.

Leo then introduced himself to them and explained why he was lost. He was with his big brother walking in the park when suddenly he realized that his brother wasn't with him anymore.

"Don't worry Leo. We'll help you find him." Dara assured while pinching his cheeks.

"Maybe he purposely left you." Lauren said jokingly.

"He didn't you albino." He denied as he went closer to her.

"I'm not an albino you person with terribly low IQ." Lauren attacked.

"Seaweed hair." He insulted.

"Chicken."She insulted back. And they kept on insulting each other which Dara found very cute and full of aegyo.

"(sigh). This is gonna be a noisy ride." Jaejoong thought as he looked at the two children arguing and Dara spazzing.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Character Introduction:

Everyone meet Leo

Wahhh, so cute XD