One

Regret... It's Too Late

"Am I really going to do it?" Dara asked her best friend Bom. She asked her hoping deep inside that she would say no. Bom hugged her then let go.

"It's for your own good, Dara." She said as she patted her head. After fixing her hair, Bom smiled at Dara and went out of their classroom. Dara stared blankly as she thought deep.

"You don't have to do it if you don't want to, you know." Minzy said as she sat beside her. CL also sat at the other side.

"She's right. Maybe Bom is being too overprotective. Nothing wrong is gonna happen because TOP is a good guy." She said to her. 

Dara then looked at the BigBang group who were doing their usual stuff. They were very noisy and they were jokingly teasing each other. She looked at TOP who was clearly enjoying himself and smiled. If ever TOP is happy, Dara is happy too. Taeyang noticed her staring at TOP and grinned. He smacked TOP's head which made TOP glare at him. He raised his hands up and pointed at Dara.

He looked at Dara and smiled lovingly at her. He went to her and hugged her.

" Moo, do you want to join us?" He said as he nuzzled her hair. She just giggled and gently smacked his hands.

"Stop it. We're displaying affection in public." She said but TOP just whimpered and hugged her even tighter. She gave up and hugged him back.

"PDA!!" They all shouted as they pointed at the two lovers. 

 

...

 

" Bom, I decided that I won't do it anymore." Dara said to Bom with a smile. She was proud at her independent decision. Shocked, Bom looked at her and furrowed her brows.

"Dara think about your future. He would just get in your way in your studies." She said as she held Dara's hands. Dara's smile dropped as she thought things all over again.

"But..." She hesitated. She didn't want to do it. It would break both of their hearts.

" Dara, I'm your friend... BEST friend so I want what is best for you. And, I think doing it is the best." She said as she shook Dara's shoulders. Then, with the whole class period of persuading, Dara finally decided to do what is best.

"You're right Bom. I shoud do what has to be done." Dara said as she grabbed her pen and paper.

"Good decision, Dara." Bom said as she hugged her.

 

...

 

"TOP, Dara wanted you to have this." Daesung said as he handed him a letter. 

"A letter from Dara?" TOP asked as he attempted to open the letter. He stopped as he noticed that the envelope was already torn. 

"Did you read this?" TOP said in a very scary voice. Daesung smiled nervously.

" It's okay, right? I mean, we're friends." Daesung said in an attempt to defend himself. This made TOP glare at him as he suddenly stood up from his chair and slowly went closer to Daesung.

"Oh look. Seungri is calling for me. Gotta go.hehhehehe." He laughed nervously as he escaped from TOP. This made him laugh as he sat back on his chair again to read the letter.

" Meet me at our usual place after school." He said as he read the letter.

 

...

 

 

Everything was silent. Only the singing of the birds could be heard. The place was empty with no sign of anyone. Except for two lovers. Because of the silence, their heart beats could be heard magically in rhythm with each other.

"Let's break up." Dara coldly said. She said it like their relationship didn't even matter in the first place. Shocked, TOP frozed and stared at the precious girl whom he loves dearly.

"You're joking right? Dara this is really not funny." He said as he went closer to her. He shook her shoulders hoping that it would bring her back to sanity. 

"I'm serious. I don't even want to talk to you anymore." She said as she made him let go of her. She backed away making sure that she could be far from him.

" Dara, dont leave me." TOP finally said as he went closer to her again. Dara flinched at his cold touch. His hands were shaking, in fact his whole body was shaking. His lips trembled as he pleaded for her. He looked at her eyes, searching for that usual spark that they always make. But, her eyes were cold and blank. There was no sign of love at all.. No sign of love for him.

Dara let go of his hands and attempted to walk away again but Top wouldn't let her. He hugged her from behind, tightly. She could feel the loud thumping of his heart and his quivering breath. He pleaded with her again but she ignored. She tried to break free but TOP wouldn't budge. Then she felt a cold drop on her left cheek. Something snapped inside her.

" Let go, Choi Seung-hyun! You're terribly annoying." She said which made TOP finally let go of her. She looked at his face and felt a stab on her chest. No words could describe the hurt she saw on his face. He looked so lost. She knew he needed her but she decided to walk away leaving TOP all alone on that silent place.

"Dara." TOP mumbled her name which sent memories of their love in a flash. He could remember how warm their love was and how she smiled lovingly at him. Then, a cold wind hit his body which made him tremble. Realizing that it's really over, he felt his knees weaken. It made him fall to the ground. He furiously punched the ground. He punched it again and again as he screamed in both anger and abandonement. Then he felt blood trickle on his hands. His fist was bleeding but it didn't hurt much. There was more pain that he felt when she turned her back at him than this. 

He stopped and looked at the blood flow from his fist to the ground. Then he felt his eyes watery. He looked up at the sky hoping to dry it. 

"A man doesn't cry." is what he said to himself. But his eyes were full to the brim with tears that were almost falling. He gave up and let his sorrow fall. He clenched his fist and covered his face as he screamed in agony.

 

...

 

Dara ran to the front gate of their school where her ride was waiting. Her driver went out of the car and opened the car door for her.

"Good day, Miss Park." is what he said but she ignored him. She immediately went inside and rested on her seat. She sighed as she wiped the sweat off her forehead. She sighed again as she turned her head to the window as the driver started the car. Then she saw a girl on the window. Her eyebrows were furrowed and her eyes were red. She looked like she was was hurt and was in much pain. But she realized that she was looking at her own reflection.

"You did the right thing, Dara." She encouraged herself. She still felt something cold on her cheek so she wiped it. It turned out to be a tear. It must have come from TOP. Because of that, she remembered what she just did. She remembered the hurt on his face.

"I didn't want to see you hurt." She said as she bit her trembling lips. Now she was the one who was about to cry. One by one, her tears started falling. Then having no control of it, she cried and sobbed.

"TOP." She mumbled.

Outside, the whole place was very happy. You could her merry music from a far and you could see children playing and laughing joyfully. It was a perfect day, too perfect that it didn't seem real. Despite that, two lovers... ex lovers are having the most painful moment of their whole life. Their painful moment of break up.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe:)