Eleven

Regret... It's Too Late

"In the end, I couldn't sleep a wink." Dara mumbled as she rubbed her tired eyes.

 

While yawning along the way, she walked towards the kitchen to drink water. But then, she found Jaejoong inside.

 

"Oh you're awake already?" Jaejoong asked while casually drinking a glass of water.

 

How could he be so calm? Dara, on the other hand, was fidgeting and shaking like crazy. The memories of last night still kept on repeating inside her head.

 

"What was that all about?" She asked him hoping that he knows what she meant.

 

"What?" He looked as if he really didn't know what she was trying to say.

 

Could he really not remember? Or is he just pretending?

 

"You know, the 'thing' last night?" She said though she was hesitant at first. She didn't want to mention a kiss so early in the morning.

 

"What do you mean?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows, he even cocked his head on the side.

 

Does he really not remember? If he doesn't, then that's great.

 

"Oh nothing. I gotta go then, bye!" She said as she awkwardly waved at him and left the place.

 

Seeing no sight of Dara anymore, Jaejoong immediately slumped on the floor and pulled his hair in frustration.

 

"Uggh! Stupid Jaejoong! You're so stupid." He said to himself.

 

The memories of last night was still fresh in his mind and it was only now that he realized that it wasn't a dream. All those times of keeping it inside, how could he suddenly tell her his feelings?

 

"What should I do?" He asked himself as he remembered Dara's reaction.

 

_________________________________________________------_____________________________________________

 

TOP was walking on a sidewalk in one sunny morning. The fiery ball was shining ever so brightly, and the cloudless sky was as blue as the sea. Yet, why didn't it seem like a good day to him?

 

Perhaps it was because of his encounter with Bom. What she told him never left his system. He never thought that she could experience all those horrible stuff.

 

Flashback

 

TOP and Bom were the only ones in his apartment, for the others were forced to leave. Everything was silent, but only the sound of Bom's desperate crying can be heard.

 

"I've had enough. I can't take it anymore." She said as she wiped the tears off her cheeks.

 

All her life, she never thought that she would give up on something that she really wanted. She was the type of girl to do anything just to get what she wants, and that backfired.

 

"Who did this to you?" He asked the weak girl in front of him.

 

He never knew that the ever so strong Bom could look this weak.... this fragile.

 

"I purposely made myself acquinted with the owner of the most known ballet company here in South Korea. I even got to the point that I had a relationship with his son. I did all of that so that  I could ensure a brighter future for me in ballet." She tried very hard to share it with him.

 

Revealing this dark side of her, she never thought that she would let him know. But she was at her limit, she needed someone.

 

"I didn't love him. And he must've known because he became even more over attached. He never wanted me to leave his side." She said between her sobs.

 

She really did try loving him, but she knew deep inside that there was only one man for her.

 

"Did he give you all these bruises?" TOP concluded and she nodded her head in response.

 

"He was a very envious man. Even when I just look at another man, he would be so fuming mad to the point that he would slap me. He was very sweet before that I never thought that he could get so jealous easily." She added then her hands began to shake.

 

"One time, I tried to escape from his grasp but then he caught me. That's when he painted me with all these horrible bruises. That's the moment that I realized that I give up. Maybe I've given up on ballet too." Her whole body was shaking.

 

She even felt the pain he gave her as she told the story. The bruises may heal in time, but the pain will forever scar her life.

 

End of Flashback

 

TOP was in such daze that he didn't notice that he has reached his destination. Looking at the familiar house in front of him, it's strange how it feels so foreign.

 

Coming here has already become a hobby for him that it felt so wrong now that he has barely visited. He walked through the door step and knocked at the familiar mahogany door.

 

*Knock!Knock!Knock!*

 

... was the sound of him knocking on the door. Then for a couple of seconds, the door opened revealing a familiar figure.

 

"TOP?" A man's voice asked. He had those familiar brown eyes that he can't help but remember that specific someone.

 

"Mr. Park, may I talk to you?" He said to Dara's father.

 

His drastic change shocks him. It has only been a year yet it looked like he added 5 years to his age. His eyes were blood shot and had puffy pouches under, and his eyelids were droopy.

 

He looked really sleepy and his shirt looked very ruffled. Despite that, he made the young man come inside.

 

Given the time, TOP discussed with him the situation in their school and how he really wanted to purchase hidden cameras from him.

 

"Okay then son, I'll sell it to you half the price." He smiled at him though it still couldn't help hide his weary face.

 

His offer amazed him. Half the price is too much. But deep inside, he still feels thankful because her father doesn't seem angry with him. He still even calls him son, like how he used to do before.

 

"Are you sure about that?" He asked the middle-aged man though his expectant smile said that he wanted him to be sure.

 

"Of course. It's the least that I could do for you. By the way, Kim misses you so much." He said.

 

Kim is 'her' mother. They have always been close before. He couldn't help but wonder how she looked like now? Has she aged so much like Mr. Park?

 

"I'll make sure to visit her someday then." TOP said as he stood up.

 

After a small chat and a wave of goodbye, he went out of the house. Seeing 'her' father, it made him think of 'her'.

How is she doing now? How much has she changed? All these questions kept bothering him that he found himself in front of her house again.

 

He scolded himself and knocked on her door again. He waited for a couple of seconds but there was no response. He waited for a couple of minutes again but there was still no answer.

 

As he waited outside, he called out her father's name but he could only hear the sound of the cars passing by in the near road.

 

He couldn't take it anymore so he turned the door's knob and discovered that it was unlock. Heart pounding, he slowly opened the door.

 

Light managed to invade the once lighted room. Slowly, TOP walked inside and found a fallen lamp on the floor and beside it made his eyes widen.

 

Dara's father was lying unconscious on the floor. Immediately, he went to him and tried to shake him awake but to no avail.

 

"Wake up!" He desperately tried to wake up the dangerously cold body.

 

___________________________________________-----____________________________________________

 

"I wonder if I should make lunch." Dara thought as she walked towards the living room but then she met Jaejoong face-to-face.

 

She didn't want the awkward atmoshpere, especially when she was the only one feeling it so she turned to the oppsite direction which was towards the window.

 

"Dara wait!" He called out for her but she ignored him.

 

"Please just lea--" *CAW!CAW!CAW!*

 

The sound of a crow made her scream in surprise. It caused her feet to meet and make her stumble. Good thing Jaejoong was there to catch her.

 

The loud scream made the crow fly away and it even made everyone dash to the living room.

 

"Why was there a crow in the room?" She asked them but the others were also stunned. She had a bad feeling, that she hopes isn't true.

 

*RING!RING!RING!*

 

The sound of her phone made everyone flinch. Jaejoong helped her stand up again and she awkwardly smiled at him in thanks.

 

As she glanced the caller's name, her heart beated in such a dangerously familiar way.

 

*Why is TOP calling me?* She asked herself as she held her phone with sweaty hands. Seeing her hesitation, he placed a hand on her shoulder...

 

"Aren't you gonna answer that?" He asked her.

 

She took in a huge gulp and hesitantly touched the accept button.

 

"Hello?" She said with a slightly shaking voice.

 

"Dara, you're dad...." He sounded so worried as he told her what happened.

 

"What?!" She reacted as tears started to flow from her eyes like a raged river's current.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________