Nine

Regret... It's Too Late

"Nice to meet you again, Mr. Park"

"Good afternoon, Mr. Park"

"Yo, Mr. Park, what's kickin?" 

"Arggh, what am I gonna say?" TOP asked himself in frustration.

 

He has been practicing on how to greet Dara's father ever since morning. Remember, he was assigned to ask her father about the hidden cameras.

 

"What's up with the 'Yo, Mr, Park' ? He's not gonna like you if you say that." GD said as he tried to hide his laughter. TOP just throwed him a pillow straight in the face which made him whimper in pain.

 

The group is chilling in TOP's apartment, yet again, totaly invading his privacy. Starting from 'illegaly' turning on his tv, to devouring his months of food supply. Lucky for them, he's kind enough to let them stay.

 

"By the way, where's Daesung?" Seungri, who was busy watching acion movies, asked even though his mouth was full of popcorns. 

 

And like it was planned all along, the door opened revealing Daesung. He looked rather unusual since his face was flushed red and he had this weird aura all around him. 

 

"Guys, I have a girlfriend." He said as his face colored to a crimson red.

 

"WHAT?!" They all chorused in reaction. Taeyang spat out his pepsi, Seungri choked on his popcorn, GD fell from the couch, and TOP almost swallowed his ballpen whole---- just plain epic.

 

----

 

"I can't believe he has a girlfriend." Taeyang said.

 

That wasn't the thing that made him all surprised. It was the fact that Daesung got a girlfriend first, before him. Oh well, guess he's gotta pay 10, 000 won to him for losing their bet.

 

The group can't believe that they're acually waiting for Daesung and his girlfriend in a couple's cafe. The place was clear, little antique, and certainly romantic with soft love songs. The customers were all being lovey-dovey with their partners, making them silently weep at their terrible single life.

 

Then the cafe's door softly chimmed as it opened revealing a familiar face.

 

"Minzy, what are you doing here?" GD said to the girl who was dressing unusually cute. The maknae wasn't really fond of cute and flowy dresses but now, she was wearing them.

 

"Babe, here's the purse that you left in the car." Daesung appeared in the scene looking all haggard. Beads of sweat were on his forehead, and he was trying to catch his breath. It looked like he just came back from a long run.

 

The group looked at them wide-eyed as Minzy shyly took the purse from him, and he shot her a wink.

 

"EH???!!" They all chorused.

 

With their deep voices loud from surprise, the couples in the place shot them a look for they disturbed them in their cuddle heaven. They just bowed apologetically and looked at the two again with a clear ' What the ?!' written in their faces.

 

Daesung just happily grinned like a love sick man  and escorted Minzy towards their table. They all watched them in deep shock as he pulled out a chair for her to sit.

 

---

 

"This is so wrong!" GD protested for he can't already stand the sight of Daesung feeding Minzy ice cream.

 

"This is pure !" He said in confusion as he massaged his temples.

 

The two have always been known for their identical faces. So they always thought that they were awfully close because they looked like siblings. They never thought they would reach a in-a-relationship level.

 

"Stop it. You're overreacting." TOP calmly said as he patted his friend's back. 

 

"So how did all this happen?" Seungri asked, clearly excited to hear their romantic love story. The new couple blushed pink as they stole glances from each other, secretly communicating on who's gonna tell the story.

 

In the end Daesung volunteered to share their story which in the end, gave everyone the goosebumps. It just felt really weird for the siblings to date. It was totally for them. But seeing their friend happy, they just shrugged their worries off and congratulated him.

 

---

 

So the group chatted comfortably almost forgetting that Minzy is now the girlfriend of Daesung. With a few of changed topics, they finally landed a conversation about Bom.

 

"Where's chubby cheeks now? I haven't seen her for a while." Taeyang asked the group.

 

They all looked at each other and shrugged, for they too had no idea where she was. Maybe it's been a week or so ever since they saw her. She always seemed troubled with something before her absence.

 

"I heard from a group of girls that she has a boyfriend now." Minzy said as she opened to eat the ice cream Daesung spooned for her.

 

"Heard? Didn't she tell you herself? I mean, your best buds after all." TOP asked.

 

He has noticed for the past year, ever since 'she' left, that they never really hanged out with Bom anymore.  He thought it was his imagination at first because it seemed impossible, why would he think that way when the girls have been friends since diapers?

 

"Dunno. CL and I don't like it but we're not in good terms with her, for now." She replied after she gave out a long sigh.

 

She can't understand why Bom suddenly stopped talking to them after Dara left. It's not like she had new friends even.  CL and her tried talking to her but she always seemed to find a reason to escape.

 

Seeing her long face, Daesung patted her back to comfort her. He then used his other hand to hold hers, as he gave it a light squeeze. She looked at him gratefully, happy that he was there for her. Then she placed her head on his shoulder as he continued to pat her back.

 

GD who was watching the whole scene, bit his lower lip in frustration.

 

"Damn my single life! I want a girlfriend, too." He complained in a rather high tone that the girls overheard him.

 

Seeing such a handsome and desperate fellow, they squeeled in response and raised their hands volunteering to be his. How much of a painful sight it must have been for their partners, whom they were cuddling with not so long ago.

 

---

 

The meeting with Daesung's girlfriend turned out to be fine and now, everyone has gone home except for him. He chose to walk around the nearby park

 

*What happened to you Bom?* TOP couldn't help but get worried for her.

 

She was one of the people, aside from Bigbang, who really helped in making him move on from his heart break. He still remembers her skipping classes, which she never does, just to accompany him because he didn't want to go to school.

 

He still remembers her crying for him because of how miserable he had become. He remembered how she hugged him tight as he cried his heart out just after 'she' broke up with him.

 

He remembered how selfless and thoughtfull she was. That girl was an angel for him that time and he would do anything to repay her. So this time, he can't help but worry on how he can't feel her friendly presence any more.

 

*Where is she?* He thought.

 

Absorbed with his thoughts, he felt the wind knocked out from his lungs as his body collided with a woman's. He felt like he had ran full-force into a brick wall. He was nearly knocked off his feet but he managed to balance himself; he then looked at the lady if  she was okay. 

 

"Are y--- Bom?" He saw a familiar figure in front of him. She was crying uncontrollably, not realizing the friend in front of her.

 

"Where have y-- What happened to you?" He asked with a face full of concern. He gently shook her shoulders as he asked the question, trying hard to catch her attention.

 

There were bruises all over her body. They were a multitude hues, colors that shouldn't normally be in someone's skin.  There were garish purple splotches, roughly the size of a fist, while others were more grayish, but still looked just as bad. It was horrible.

 

She finally noticed his presence and cried out even more as she hugged him. She buried her face on his chest and sobbed hard.

 

"TOP, help me." She pleaded through her muffled voice.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author's Note:

I'm back!!

I wonder what happened to Bom, eh?

Please watch out for the next chapter:)

 

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.

I hope you're not a silent reader:D