Thirteen

Regret... It's Too Late

"Just because."

 

Would that reply be enough for everything that had happened? Well surely, Dara and the others don't think so. The precious person in their life was taken away from them 'just because'?

 

Isn't that just too much? How could the murderer do something so painful to them for such an inexcusable reason? You can't just say that you killed a man 'just because'. That's just absurd and inhumance!

 

Whoever that man was, he must've had a screw loose on his head. Unfortunately, he didn't at all. He was completely healthy both physically and mentally yet he still had the heart to do that to Dara's father.

 

When TOP captured him and sent him to the police, his expression was the most despicable. As soon as he heard that her father was gone, he had this triumphant grin in his face. At that moment, they thought that they have never seen such a human be so evil. It was like satan was behind all of this.

 

Even though he was going to rot in prison, they have never felt justice being served. There must've been a reason to his death but you know what hurts? There's actually no reason and his death was just the murderer's way of wasting time. How heartless could he be?

 

'Just because.'

 

Another word Dara has started to hate. She swore to herself never to use such a stupid word ever in her life. When she even thinks of using it, she feels the familiar feeling of wanting to puke out her insides.

 

 


 

 

"You don't have to leave." Dara said, holding her mother's hand tightly like she would never let go.  Her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes were starting to let out tears. She would never want to have a family member leave her ever again.

 

"I need to go. It for our own good." Her mother tried to comfort her, putting a strong front but again, she failed miserably. How could she not break down knowing that this would be the last time that they would meet here? The same as her daughter, she never wanted to leave but she needed to.

 

Her salary just wasn't enough for raising the two of them. Suddenly becoming the breadwinner of the family, she found out that it wasn't an easy task at all. Fortunately her friend found her a job with a salary much bigger compared to her current, the bad things is that  she needed to go USA to work there.

 

"Stay healthy okay?" Her mother wiped away the tears from her daughter's cheek and opened her arms to give her daughter a last warm embrace.

 

Dara hugged her back tightly, afraid that this would be the last time she would see her again in her whole life. Her dad was gone just a week ago and now it was her mother's turn? How could life be so harsh on her? She had never done anything to deserve this and neither did her mom.

 

Her heart ached so much. Must this happen to all of them? All she wanted was a happy and complete family filled with nothing but happy moments.

 

Though both of them hated it, they let go of each other and felt their warmth easily replaced by the coldness of the airport airconditioner. Tears stained their cheeks and they eyes were puffy from all the crying. Again, her mom wiped the tears of her cheeks and turned to the man who was with them all the time.

 

" Take care of our Dara, okay TOP?" Her mother requested, patting his shoulders in the process but she knew that she didn't need to do so. Even without her request, she is very sure that he would treat her daughter like she was his life.

 

The man nodded in response and looked at Dara. *I would never make her feel hurt again* He swore to himself. Seeing her break down for the past week hurted him so badly. It was like when she experiences pain, he feels it ten times more. He would never want to see her like that ever again.

 

The man whom she treated like her son didn't reply but with how he looked at her daughter, it was enough for her. The way he stared at her with such love, she already found comfort in that.

 

"I should probably go then." Her mom said, holding her luggage. Though her heart was pinned by a thousand needles, she turned her back at them and started to walk away but then she felt a strong grip on her wrist.

 

She looked at the hand and traveled to her daughter's pained face. Another arrow hit her heart, seeing her daughter's face.

 

"I love you umma." Dara's voice was quivering and her bottom lip was shaking as tears started to pour out from her eyes again. 

 

Her mom softened at the sigh of her and went closer to give her a peck on the cheek.

 

"I love you too my baby Dara." She replied, crying with her again. They may be saying their goodbyes now but this won't be forever. Soon, they will surely meet again.

 

 


 

 

"Dara how about we meet the others?" TOP suggested, seeing Dara looking so depressed. 

 

For the past few hours, ever since her mom left, she had been sulking in the living room. Not even her favorite show cheered her up. It had been the fifteenth time, yes he counted, since she gave out a sigh.

 

She looked at him and saw the smile on his face. It warmed her heart like how a mug of hot chocolate would do. 

 

"Okay." She said in a low voice. The though of them made her feel comforted.

 

For the past week, TOP, Minzy and CL had been comforting her when she was in such a miserable state. Even TOP's friends were there. It even got to the point that they skipped days of classes just for her. Making her laugh and making her feel that she's not alone, that what they gave her whole-heartedly. That's how much good friends they are.

 

If she didn't know that there were her friends and school waiting for her in Seoul, she would've decided to stay here. She wanted to stay in this place where she could really call..... her home.

 

 


 

 

I'm so sorry for the lame update. You can slap me right now! I'll freely accept our bashes. :((

It's just that I haven't been feeling well for the past few days. My head would start to ache and I couldn't bear looking at the laptop screen for more than an hour.

Hopefully, you still liked the update so please don't forget to comment and subscribe:)

If you want to, you can give me an upvote by clicking the arrow below:D