Fourteen

Regret... It's Too Late

The shop was half-empty filled with young adults. The smell of brewed coffee beans were in the air along with the delicious scent of newly baked cake.

 

A specific group never failed to get a lot of attention for their noise. It had been the tenth time since the shop's staff kindly asked them to lower their voices yet they always failed to do so.

 

"You knew it all along?" Daesung reacted with a rather high tone, clutching his hair in pure confusion and surprise. The others just laughed at his expression and ate their cakes.

 

"I was the only one that noticed but honestly, you were pretty obvious." Dara replied with a chuckle while calmly stirring her cup of coffee.

 

"No way." He mumbled, rubbing his temples to ease the ache. He never thought that his feelings towards Minzy was obvious to anyone before. He was always confident at how he professionally hid it.

 

"Actually, I noticed it too." TOP confessed, raising his hands to get noticed. With this the latter groaned in frustration and hid his face on his girlfriend's shoulder causing her to blush.

 

He chuckled with his hand covering his mouth, afraid that bits of the cake he was eating would fall out. Then he felt something vibrate in his pant's left pocket.

 

He took out his phone and read the caller's name. It was Bom. Even with all that happened with Dara's father, he never failed to check up on how she was doing. With a worried sigh, he stood up from the table and excused himself from everyone.

 

"Where are you going?" Dara asked, watching him stand up from his seat.

 

Clutching his vibrating phone, he replied with a smile as he patted her shoulder, "I won't be long."

 


 

After a few minutes of chatting, Dara heard her phone ring to her favorite song "I Am The Best." Looking at the caller's name, it read 'Jaejoong.'

 

"Excuse me everyone." With her phone in hand, she stood up from her seat and walked towards the cafe's mahogany door.

 

Reaching out her hand, she was about to turn the knob but then a familiar voice from outside made her stop. Judging from his deep tone, it must be TOP.

 

"Okay I'll go there right now. Wait for me and please take care of yourself, understand?" She heard him say. From his warm and caring voice, he must've been talking to a person he cared deeply.

 

*He didn't tell me that he had a girlfriend.* She thought and automatically, she felt a familiar pain in her chest making it difficult to breath. She almost forgot that there was a call waiting for her.

 


 

"Jaejoong sorry for answering your call late." Dara said while hugging herself to keep warm on the cold evening air. She heard dish clatters and television commercials from the other line's background making her think that he must be in Hyunjoong's house.

 

Jaejoong smiled as he heard her voice. He had been missing her for a long time now. It felt like she was gone for a century.

 

"It's alright. So it's been two weeks and the sem break is just around the corner, you sure have a long vacation!" He tried to joke, hoping to erase the invisible awkward atmosphere.

 

She chuckled at his not so funny joke, "I know. I'm starting to get worried with my grades," she confesses with furrowed brows. Two weeks is a very long time and she's pretty sure that she had missed a lot of lessons.

 

"It's fine because I made notes of all the lessons you missed so that you can catch up." He replied, trying to make her less worried.

 

With that she finally breathed a sigh of relief and gave him a thankful smile though he couldn't see it. "Thank you," she said.

 

"I hope you come back soon. Everyone misses you, especially Lauren." He said with a chuckle and she could hear Lauren shout "Don't tell her!" in the background.

 

"I will. By the way, send my apologies to Sora and Hyunjoong for leaving just like that." She told him.She did text them about her situation and why she had to leave so abruptly but she felt that it wasn't enough.

 

"I'll tell them but Hyunjoong went some place to work on his photoshoot." He replied. It had only been yesterday since the guy left, he was supposed to shoot models for a ballet company.

 

Suddenly Jaejoong remembered a conversation him and Leo had about the guy....

 

"What? Hyunjoong's adopted?" Jaejoong exclaimed.
"Shhh! Don't tell anyone." Leo said, covering his gaped mouth.

 


 


Dara's eyes slowly flutter open to see rays of sun shine through her blinds leaving rows of sungarden on her bed. She squinted her eyed and rolled over to hide from the fiery ball's light. Then for some reason, a familiar name popped in her head.

 

Bom

 

Bom.... Has it been a year or so since she saw her dear best friend? Even on her last day here, she never bid her goodbye. Even in her father's funeral, she just sent a flower but she was never there. Where is her best friend? Is she doing fine?

 

She stood up from the comforts of her bed and stared at her ceiling, lost in thought. *I should probably visit her,* she thought.

 

....

 

With a basket of corn, Dara eyed the familiar pink door and walked towards it. She looked at the basket she was holding and smiled again.

 

*Bom will surely like this.* She thought with a satisfied smile. With only a few steps more, she was about to call out her name but a shatter made her flinch in surprise.

 

"Stop!!" Bom's desperate pleading made her drop the basket and run towards the door to go to her rescue.

 

"Bom!" She shouted, opening the door with a loud bang. Her heart beat quickened and her forehead started to stain with sweat.

 

Her living room was pitch black and the light that managed to come inside the room revealed shattered porcelain, and tumbled furniture.

 

"Help me!!" She could still her her best friend's despairing scream. Her hands slowly turned into clenched fists making her knuckles white. Whoever was hurting her is really going to get a piece of her.

 

"Wait for me!" She shouted though she doubt that she heard her from all the noise. She dashed upstairs and ran towards Bom's room with a vase in hand to attack the enemy.

 

With a furiously beating heart, she abruptly opened her bedroom door and she couldn't help but gasp.

 

On the bed laid her bestfriend all bruised up with tears falling from her eyes. Her upper clothes were gone revealing only her undergarments, and above her was the most despicable bare chested guy she had ever seen. He was strongly gripping her best friend's arms and legs making her trapped on the bed.

 

With a clenched jaw, furrowed brows and tight fist she stepped inside with her blood boiling dangerously"What are you doing?!", she screamed making them notice her presence.

 

Seeing Dara, Bom teared up even more but now she was too tired to scream. It was like her voice already gave up on screaming for help.

 

The guy turned to the direction of the voice exposing his face to her and both of them ended up gasping in shock.

 

Dara slighlty backed away with wide eyes and covered . That familiar hair color... that familiar face.....

The guy hurting her best friend.....

 

"Hyu---Hyunjoong?!?!" Dara called out his name with pure disbelief.

 


 

Yay! I've finally recovered and have finally updated again!!

I still have a slight headache but that doesn't stop me from updating for you guys.

Hope you like this update:)

Subscribe and Comment.

You can upvote this story if you want to:D