Soft heart and the ice that is melting

You are the only one who understands

Dara has a soft heart, at least that's what her mother had always told her. She wore her emotions on her sleeve. It didn't take a lot to make Dara cry, there was barely a week that went by when Dara didn't let a few tears slip from her eyes. She'd cry is she was tired, she'd cry if they had to go on a long flight, she'd cry when someone would take Tam Tam, she'd cry out of frustration and of course she'd cry when she was sad. CL envied the ease at which Dara could show her emotions, she wished she had as much emotional freedom as Dara did but as the leader she felt she had to keep it under wraps. She longed for the day when she'd be able to let the tears flow and the others would come and comfort her. She was happy though that she got to show at least some of her emotions when she has those times with Dara. As much as CL came across as cold, Dara knew what she was really like. Dara once said she knew what CL was feeling just by looking at her eyes, CL guessed it made sense because apparetly the eyes are the window to someones sole. 

Today was another day when Dara let her fear over take her and the tears quickly began to flow. They were on the set of their new music video and to Dara's horror some of the dancing was not choreographed and she suddenly felt awkward in front of the camera. She felt she was letting the other girls down and making a fool of herself. She quickly ran from the filming stage into their waiting room and allowed for the tears to flow freely. CL was the first person to catch up with her and tried her best to make Dara feel better but with such tight time constraints she was forced to leave and complete her solo shots. Bom was next, she had a no nonsense approach to Dara's tears telling her she needed to toughen up and learn to over come her fears. She wasn't insensitive to Dara's feelings and she had compassion for her Park sister but she thought if she told her to snap out of it and that she was being silly Dara would conquer her fears faster. Dara's tears quickly dried after Bom had talked to her and she was able to complete the end of filming. On the way back to the apartment she felt embarrassed that their president had even seen her cry. They were so exhausted from the shoot that they all went to their separate rooms.

Dara paced her room for what felt like an eternity and finally left to go to the kitchen to find something to eat. To her surprise she found CL sitting at the counter her chin resting on her hand staring out into space.

"Hi CL-Roo what are you doing up?" Dara asked she ruffled her hair to get her attention in passing and continued on her path to the fridge. Dara's sudden appearance startled CL but she was happy to see her she hadn't been able to talk to her properly since she had been crying.

"Hi Santokki, I was just doing some thinking that's all, what are you doing up?" CL breathed out stiffling a yawn. She got up and followed suit to the fridge peering over Dara's shoulder so she could see inside.

"You got a lot on your mind again Baby-Roo?" Dara asked handing CL her favorite drink and a piece of fruit.

"Thanks Ssandara Park" CL whispered and then skipped back to her seat.

"Aish Chaerin enough with that you know I don't like that!!" Dara whined and slammed the fridge door closed and took a seat next to CL.

"You wanna talk about what's on your mind?" Dara asked as she picked a tangerine from the fruit bowl and began to peel it. CL shook her head as she drank from the bottle.

"No I'm ok Unnie, but what about you? We didn't get to talk after you cried, are you ok? what happened?" she managed to asked between stuffing food into .

Dara's head hit the table with a bang and she covered her head with her arms. She was hoping CL wouldn't bring it back up, but to Dara's discomfort and the others CL had a brilliant memory. She groaned in frustration how was she going to explain how she was feeling, she knew she was going to have to tell CL everything because CL was so damn persistent in acquiring the truth that they all had learnt long ago not to lie to her. Dara picked her head up and smoothed down her hair....

"The long or the short version?" Dara asked flatly trying not to pique CL's attention. It was too late as soon as those words left she regretted it, CL's head snapped towards her and she appraised her with her eyes...

"The long version" CL almost demanded not happy that Dara was going to try and skip out on information. Dara let out an audible sigh trying to ready herself  for what was about to come out of .

"Well Baby-Rin you know your silly Unnie has a lot of fears, kekeke, but sometimes I let my fears overwhelm me and earlier I kind of freaked when there was no choreography and we had to dance ourselves, I ran off to try and calm myself down but the the more I started to think about it the worse it got. I feel like I let you all down when I can't do things right, especially you Baby-Rin because you work so hard to be a great leader and I seem to mess up all the time but  I kept thinking what if president was right? what if I wasn't cut out to be a singer? would you three be better without me?! and then I started to panic because I couldn't imagine not having Bom, Minzy and especially you in my life and that's why I was crying for so long"

Dara took in a big breath as she had tried to make it through her speech in one go. She lifted her head to look at CL put her face was hidden behind a curtain of hair 

"Yeoboseyo?" Dara jokingly asked and poked CL's cheek, gently pulled back her hair and tucked it behind her ear. Dara got a shock when she saw CL's expression; tears were trickling down her cheeks at a steady pace. Dara was taken aback she had never seen CL cry before and she was quit unsettled.

"B...Ba....Baby-Rin wh....whats's wrong?" she stuttered over her words as she turned CL in her seat so she was now facing her. CL hiccuped as she tried to stop herself from crying and her cheeks flushed in embarrassment at being caught.

"You!" CL managed to get out before dropping her head down. "Me?" Dara asked unsure that she had heard right.

"Yes you!! Why would you ever think that you don't belong as part of this group? why would you ever think that you let us down especially me? Don't you ever think of leaving Santokki EVER, you hear me?! you can't ever think like that, Unnie I don't know what I would do if you weren't here!"

Dara was touched at CL's words it wasn't often that CL delved this deep into her emotions and Dara was happy that she was here to witness it. Dara's hands seemed to work on their own and they reached out and wiped the tears off CL's cheeks.

"Baby-Rin I'm not going anywhere it was just a momentary panic I'm ok now, you don't have to worry I'll never leave you CL-Roo or the girls ok?!" she smiled hoping to ease CL's distress.

CL rolled her eyes to the ceiling in the hopes of stopping the tears "I'm sorry Unnie, it's just been so long since I last cried, I always feel like I have to be strong but then the thought of you leaving was just too much and I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you or upset you, can you please not tell Bommie Unnie and Minzy I don't want them to worry?!"

Dara smiled sweetly and pulled CL into a hug and her hair soothing her "Of course this is just between you and me just like our talks ok? Do you want Tam Tam to sleep in your bed tonight?"

CL giggled at the mention of their baby Tam Tam "Yes please" she replied nodding her head vigorously. Dara smiled CL's cheek one more time before leaving to go get Tam Tam.

Dara stopped at the door and turned to CL "Baby-Rin?" CL turned 

"Hmmm?" she murmured

Dara giggled "The ice is melting baddest female" and then she left.

CL smiled softly, she knew what Dara was talking about, she became a soft touch whenever her Unnie was around but the feeling was starting to grow on her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next chapter will have CL the baddest Female in full swing :D 

Don't forget to comment I love to hear your thoughts :D