Nightmare

You are the only one who understands

I hope you like and it has been worth the wait. Again my deepest apologies for keeping you all waiting for so long.

Please dont  forget to comment :)

 

 

 

Since getting back from Japan everything had been so hectic, they had barely had anytime to breathe, eat, sleep or catch up with family let alone for ChaeRin and Dara to find time to sit Minzy and Bom down and explain everything that was going on with them. They were constantly worried that they would be caught by either of them and they certainly didn’t want them to find out that way, they deserved better than that after all they were their best friends. It was getting excruciatingly hard to hide their relationship since they were in the middle of a whirl wind promotional tour visiting a new place almost every day and the only solace they had was when they returned back to their apartment; it was only the two of them and they could just relax and forget that they were hiding something so big.

Tonight was a bit different though, Dara found herself alone in the apartment getting ready for bed. Dara had never really been alone in the apartment since they had debuted, they used to all live together so then she could at least guarantee one or more member would be roaming around somewhere but even when they split into two apartments ChaeRin had always done her best to arrive back at a reasonable hour knowing well that Dara didn’t like being by herself. But ChaeRin had been asked to do a photo shoot that required her to be out until after midnight. Normally she would have gone down stairs and hung out with Bom and Minzy but almost as if the universe was conspiring against her Minzy was at her parents’ house as was Bom. Dara had willed herself to stay up until she had gotten back but she could feel her eye lids beginning to slowly get heavy, hooding her eyes that were usually bright and sparkling but now dulled by her absolute exhaustion and her heart nearly shot through when her phone vibrated violently on the table signalling a message

 ~Baby I hope you are ok, please don’t wait up until I get back things are running so far behind schedule here I don’t even know if I’ll be back before we are due in for dance rehearsal, I love you and sleep well xxx~

A smile spread across her face instantly she loved when ChaeRin called her baby and she chuckled lightly as she thought what the press and fans would think if they found out how sweet and loving their beloved CL could be. Although she was happy that ChaeRin had texted she sighed heavily she didn’t like the idea of going to bed alone; she had got so accustomed to ChaeRin being there next to her holding her so close that she could hear her steady heart beat and it would lull her into a deep sleep. She quickly text her back

~ok baby I won’t stay up, work hard but don’t forget to eat and drink, I don’t want you getting sick. I’ll be in your room since I can’t have you here I’ll sleep in your bed instead. See you later, Love you baby xxx~

Dara padded around the apartment as slowly as possible completing everything that had to be done before going to sleep but she was only delaying the inevitable and with one more look around the apartment to make sure everything was locked she reluctantly turned off the lights and went into ChaeRin’s room. No matter how many times Dara slept in this room or was just hanging out in there she was ALWAYS taken aback by how pink and fluffy the room was. To say ChaeRin was in love with stuffed animal teddies was an understatement it was more like compulsively obsessed and as Dara’s eyes scanned the room she realised almost every inch of the room was either filled with stuffed animal teddies or a picture of her and the members or her and her family. She slipped in under the covers and pulled them up tight under her chin smelling the faint aroma of ChaeRin’s perfume. She closed her eyes hoping sleep would invade her senses quickly and pull her into a peaceful dream land. The apartment was so quiet and still which gave Dara’s mind time to focus in on other things; things she had supressed from her thoughts for so long and thoughts that if ChaeaRin was around could quickly banish with one quick smile. Dara silently hoped that being encompassed by everything that was ChaeRin would help ward off these ugly memories and dreams but as old scenes flashed behind her closed eyes she fell into a troubled sleep. For Dara sleep was where she seemed to do all her healing and tried to come to terms with her past, unfortunately healing comes painfully for her and even in her sleep it was disturbing, chilling Dara right to the bone.

Nightmare

*Dara was lying on the couch in their living room with ChaeRin splayed out on top of her with her head tucked under her chin and she was twirling a piece of Dara’s hair around her finger, they were completely alone for the day; Bom had taken Minzy out shopping for clothes because since she had had a little growth spurt her clothes no longer fit her and since Bom lived for shopping she didn’t hesitate to agree when Minzy asked for someone to accompany her. Dara was absentmindedly braiding small plaits into ChaeRin’s hair she was now on plait number 18 and her fingers were getting sore. She was enjoying this special alone time and it was made even better due to the lovely evening; it was warm enough for the balcony door to be open and soft music played from the stereo floating around the room almost as if the notes of the songs were being carried around by the breeze gently entering the apartment.

 Dara’s mind was completely at ease every fibre of her being attuned to ChaeRin, if she were to describe this feeling she’d probably describe it as she could literally feel ChaeRin’s love for her rolling off her in waves and it made her feel like she was capable of anything. Almost as if ChaeRin had read her mind she lifted her head up to look Dara directly in the eye and she smiled brightly leaning forward until their lips connected and Dara sighed contently, she knew she would never grow tired of kissing ChaeRin.

The sound of the door buzzer and frantic knocking pulled them from their romantic moment and ChaeRin did her best to stop Dara from getting up to open the door she didn’t want to be disturbed this evening all she wanted to do was spend this time ALONE with her girlfriend. Dara laughed lightly at ChaeRin’s antics but gently slid her off of her and got up and dashed across the room hoping that the person on the other side of the door wasn’t too annoyed that they were left waiting.

She pulled open the door and she honestly felt like she had been shot; she couldn’t breathe, she couldn’t move, her mind just emptied itself. She couldn’t believe who was on the other side of the door, the smile slipped from her face so quickly just like water tumbling over a waterfall. ChaeRin witnessed the quick change in her girlfriend’s expression and rushed over to see what had happened. I took a while to register who it was but as soon as she copped on to whom it was her blood began to boil

“You’re not welcome here, I don’t know how you found out where she lives but she doesn’t want to see you, go before I call the police” ChaeRin spoke pulling Dara in behind her so she was now standing in-between her and the man who had destroyed her life so many years ago.

The man gritted his teeth and narrowed his eyes trying to intimidate ChaeRin, he was silently weighing up the options of what would happen if he decided to stay, a wicked grin spread across his face when he concluded that one little girl wasn’t going to stop him from achieving what he wanted

“She’s my daughter I have the right to see her” He spoke in a tone that was far too light and careless for this kind of situation.

ChaeRin felt Dara stiffen as soon as he used the word “Daughter” Dara hated that she had any kind of connection to this man who she had once loved so much but now despised with every fibre of her being. ChaeRin laughed bitterly

“You lost the right to call her daughter or claim any right as her father when you walked out on her and the rest of your family all those years ago taking every penny they had with you, so please go, I was serious about calling the police”

She felt Dara’s arm slip around her waist and pull her back against her and she whispered in her ear

“Calm down….please don’t make him angry…he….”

Before Dara could finish her sentence ChaeRin was wrenched from her grasp and pinned against the wall just to the right of her. ChaeRin whimpered in pain as her back crashed into the wall with a sickening thud, she hit the wall with such force she swore her spine had just collided with her ribcage. She gasped as Dara’s dad’s hand came up to clamp down around her neck slowly squeezing the air out of her. Dara shrieked in horror at what was unfolding in front of her and tried her best to drag her dad off of ChaeRin

“What the hell is wrong with you? Get your hands off her!!” Dara screamed and she tried to prize his hand of ChaeRin’s neck, she was growing more and more hysterical by the second as she saw the colour of ChaeRin’s face changing and she knew it was just a matter of seconds before she would be unconscious.

Her dad unclamped his hand from around ChaeRin’s neck but held her by the collar instead making sure she was still pinned against the wall. ChaeRin gulped in as much air as humanly possible, her eyes watering partly in fear and partly because of being deprived of oxygen for so long. Her expression was of complete terror a far cry from the usual confident, arrogant expression she wore when she was being CL or trying to prove a point. She could hear Dara quietly crying and she turned her head to look at her

“Baby I’m ok go call the police now….go NOW!” ChaeRin commanded her.

“Who do you think you are to talk to me like that? I’m her father I can do whatever I want and if that means I want to see my daughter then I will see my daughter you got that? Don’t think I don’t know what’s going on either……I see the way you look at my daughter, I’ve seen the pictures and it’s disgusting…..I won’t let you corrupt her and fill her mind with such disgusting ideas…..what do you think will happen if the media found out huh? You’d be waving bye bye to your career wouldn’t you?! So I suggest you don’t get in my way and just stay out of mine and my daughters business if you know what is good for you!” he spoke his face only centimetres from her own.

He let go of ChaeRin’s collar and flung her to the side, she collided with the corner of the shoe rack and she collapsed to the ground in pain.

“They are on their way…….OH MY GOD CHAE” Dara bent down next to her and helped her back to her feet.

Dara felt his hand enclose around her arm and pull her with force and she did her best to fight him off

“You’re coming with me” He demanded dragging her roughly through the door*

End of nightmare

ChaeRin opened the door to the apartment as quietly as possible and tip toed into the kitchen to get herself a glass of water before going to bed. She smiled to herself knowing that Dara was asleep in her bed and in a matter of moments she would be slipping into bed beside her and finally have her in her arms again. Her dreamy thought was interrupted when she heard Dara scream. She dropped the glass and barely heard it shatter in the sink as she ran to her room to make sure her girlfriend was ok. She opened the door to find Dara asleep her body thrashing around in the bed tears silently falling from her eyes. ChaeRin approached the bed and sat down on the edge, her hand reaching out to rest on Dara’s cheek as she tried to wake her up.

Dara’s eyes flew open and she sat bolt upright in bed and she let a scream pour from , a scream so agonising that it tore through ChaeRin’s insides striking her to the core, the hair on the back of her neck stood on end as if someone had just run their nails down a blackboard. It took all of her strength not to let a sob break passed her lips because the evident pain that Dara was in was cutting into her like a knife. She struggled to keep Dara’s body under controlled as she fought against her clearly not completely out of whatever horrific experience she had lived out in her nightmare.

When Dara’s body went limp ChaeRin got a better look at her; she was as pale as the sheets she was sitting on, her pupils dilated and her whole body was drenched in sweat. ChaeRin whispered soothing words into Dara’s ear even though she knew it would probably do no good.

She had witnessed this happen before, only once and Dara’s mom was the one who had come rushing into the bedroom and calmly asked her to go get Dara some water, by the time she arrived back with the water Dara’s mom seemed to have eased her daughter into some semblance of a relaxed state. It had terrified her back then and it was even more terrifying now that her heart was more intertwined with Dara and she was watching helplessly as the person she loved fight of some unimaginable terror.

“Ch……Chae?!” Dara breathed out, the name getting stuck in as she tried to control how hyper alert her body was now.

 “Baby…..Baby? What happened? Are you ok?” ChaeRin asked her hands wandering over Dara’s face trying to check if everything was ok

Dara flung her arms around her and held her tightly her body now completely engulfed in the horror she had just dreamed. ChaeRin pulled back and pulled the hair band out of her hair and combed her fingers through Dara’s hair and tied it up in an effort to try and cool her down. She got up off the bed and went to the cupboard and pulled out one of her oversized t-shirts and came back to the bed.

“Come on baby put this on and then you have to talk to me and tell me what happened!”

Dara lifelessly lifted up her arms and allowed ChaeRin to pull her pyjama top off and place the new t-shirt on and then she crawled into ChaeRin’s lap.

“I…..I….I….He hurt you…..An…….and I couldn’t do anything…..It……It was so so awful Chae” she stammered out

“Who?.....it’s ok baby it was only a dream” ChaeRin cooed

“My dad!” was all Dara could answer and that’s when ChaeRin’s mind went into over drive