We could have helped you through it

You are the only one who understands

Hi I'm back!! :) I'm not 100% happy with this chapter but I'm posting it anyway and I might make some changes to it later.

Thanks for all the patience about me not posting in ages, I hope you enjoy even though this chapter is more angsty than all the chapters before!!!

As usual don't forget to comment, love to hear what u guys think :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As a child it was easy to say you'd protect your best friend from the monster under the bed or from the ghost they swore they saw in their bedroom, there was no concept of what real fear was, what it felt to be struck down by such intense fear it felt like your whole body was paralyzed. But as adults you come to realized those things aren't real. What happens when the thing they really need protecting from is something you can't actually protect them from? What happens when years of bottled up fears and emotions finally take their tole and their mind starts causing nightmares so dark and twisted it would be hard to believe them even if they told you? What happens when the thing they need to be protected from is actually themselves?

 

It's like Dara's body hit a brick wall as soon as she had told ChaeRin about her dream; her body was completely devoid of energy and she fell into a deep sleep. After ChaeRin tucked her into her bed she watched her carefully waiting for the moment when another scream would break the unbearable silence that had descended on the room. Time ticked by slowly and once ChaeRin was happy that Dara would remain settled she left the bedroom and went and sat on the couch in the living room.

The muscles she didn't even know had been tensed relaxed the instant her body met the soft  material of the couch and she allowed a soft sigh of relief slip past her lips. She leaned forward raking her fingers through her hair and then she rested her head in her hands. This was too much for her; there were too many thoughts, fears, questions and worries swirling around in her head and she had no idea how to process it all.

ChaeRin chastised herself for not recognizing the signs before, for not seeing how deep Dara was still tangled up with her past. She hadn't known Dara when she was younger and she had never really divulged to ChaeRin the full extent of what had happened and what had led her to come all the way back from the Philippines.

To say ChaeRin was furious was a complete understatement, she was Dara's best friend and now girlfriend yet she had never once picked up on how truly terrified Dara was of her own father and it crushed her heart to think of how many years Dara had spent living in fear of what her own dad might do. "If only I'd known you then, I would have protected you!" ChaeRin murmured to herself.

She stood up and surveyed all the pictures that decorated what would have been free spaces on the walls, book shelves and cabinets, her eyes settled on one picture in particular; a picture of Dara and her family. She remembered very clearly Dara sitting on the floor cutting her dad out of the picture before fitting it into the frame. Her eyes wandered over each person individually and finally stopped on Dara; her smile didn't reach her eyes like it did when she was really truly happy and she could still see Dara's dad's hand gripping her shoulder that just bit too tight. Her eyes wandered over the skin that was revealed by the clothes that she was wearing and that's when her body went rigid and her blood ran cold; she saw the bruises, those weren't normal bruises from when you knocked into a door or something they were in places where someone else's hands would have been the cause.

"Jesus Christ!" ChaeRin exclaimed and in a fit of rage she flung the picture frame across the room and watched as it shattered into millions of pieces once it collided with the wall. ChaeRin sank to the floor the tears flowing like a dam had been broken.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bom had been knocking on the door for what felt like an eternity, she was about to knock again when the door violently swung open revealing ChaeRin still in her outfit from the shoot and the tears still streaming down her face, she seemed to look right through Bom and before Bom could ask her what was wrong she turned and walked back into the apartment without uttering a single word.

Bom quickly took out her phone and called Minzy telling her to get down here right away. Bom gathered all her strength and slowly made her way into the apartment that was usually full of laughter and chatter but now it felt cold, lifeless and it chilled Bom right to her bones. Minzy almost collided with Bom's back as she entered as she had literally sprinted to get down as fast as possible. She grabbed Minzy's hand and held it tight as they both walked on into the living room.

They found ChaeRin sitting on the floor surrounded by open photo albums, the shards of broken glass still scattered on the floor. ChaeRin was hunched over an album flicking through the pages wildly not even bothering about the tears that steadily dripped off her face. Minzy cuddled into Bom's arm; she was scared of what she was looking at. Bom gave her a reassuring look and gently prised herself from Minzy's grip and walked over to ChaeRin crouching down in front of her so they were almost level. Her eyes glanced over the photos and was completely puzzled when she saw they were all of Dara

"ChaeRin?.............ChaeRin what's wrong?" Bom asked as she reached out and touched her arm to get her attention. ChaeRin's eyes snapped up to lock with Bom's. Bom gasped, she was caught off guard by the way ChaeRin's eyes were looking at her.

"Did you know?" She asked her eyes still burning into Bom's.

"Know what?" Bom asked her voce wavered under ChaeRin's intense surveillance of her. ChaeRin's eyes darted across to Minzy, they were completely bloodshot, mascara smudged all over her cheeks and chin and utter desperation was evident in them

"Did y.....you..k....kn....know?" She asked Minzy choking on her words as a heavy sob broke forth, her face contorted  into one completely consumed by sorrow and a fresh tidal wave of tears followed the now familiar path down her cheeks.

"I don't know what you are talking about" Minzy whimpered.

ChaeRin's eyes bounced back and forth between Bom and Minzy for a couple of seconds and then her voice resonated around the apartment as she screamed at them both

"Did you know about Dara and her dad?" Bom tried to calm her but ChaeRin continuously fought  her off. The door of ChaeRin's room opened and Dara stepped out and plodded into the living room, she had been woken up by ChaeRin yelling and wanted to know what was going on

"Chae baby are y......" The words died in when she saw Bom and Minzy and then the complete mess that was ChaeRin on the floor

"Chae? Dara whispered as she knelt down beside her sweeping the hair off ChaeRin's face, cupping her cheeks forcing her to look back at her

"Why didn't you tell me? I asked and you said no!" ChaeRin forced out sounding completely broken and she grabbed the front of Dara's T-shirt

"What is she talking about?" Bom asked as she cradled Minzy in her embrace; Minzy was frozen her eyes wide in horror, she had never seen ChaeRin cry let alone have a full on break down.

"I don't know!" Dara replied her eyes fluttering over ChaeRin's face in an attempt to read the situation.

"Chae talk to me!" Dara begged

ChaeRin gestured towards the photo albums and Dara looked at them her eyebrows furrowed as she saw they were the ones from her room, she couldn't understand why ChaeRin had them. She picked one up to look closer at the photo it was open on, she suddenly got a horrendous sinking feeling and she felt like she was going to be sick. She picked up another one and another one and looked at each of the photos. Her hands began to shake and the last album slipped from her grasp, the sound of it hitting the floor broke the deafening silence that was now veiling the room. Her own tears brimmed in her eyes

"Baby....I.....I.....I....." Dara couldn't finish, she didn't know what to say

"How could you not have told us? How could you not have told me? We could have helped you through all of it, we could have stopped the agony and the nightmares!" ChaeRin yelled not out of anger but out of desperation and her body wracked with sobs again. 

"What? what is going on?" Bom asked again this time more forcefully, she was beyond scared now and all she wanted was for her two best friends to stop crying and give her an answer that she so desperately needed at this moment.

ChaeRin's hands ghosted over the skin on Dara's face, neck and arms, she wasn't able to comprehend that Dara's beautiful body had been purposefully tainted and harmed by her own father.

"Look at the photos, you'll see all the bruises right? you don't know how she got them right? well I do, her dad gave them all to her, Dara's dad used to hit her.....aren't I right Dara?!"

The gasps filled the room and ChaeRin wrapped Dara in a hug as they cried together

"I could have helped you get through this" ChaeRin whispered as she placed a gentle kiss behind her ear. Dara pulled away so she could address all three of them.

The words caught in as she saw Minzy curled up in Bom's lap her whole body shaking as tears cascaded from her eyes. Bom's arms tightened protectively around Minzy as she whispered to her that is was all going to be ok. Bom's eyes were glistening with unshed tears, she was trying to  be strong but when her eyes finally peeled away from Minzy and connected with Dara's her heart broke and the tears finally fell.

"I'll kill him" Bom hissed out through gritted teeth.

"I  didn't tell you because I was ashamed, I had been dealing with it by myself for so long and I thought I was finally getting over it, but......I.......I guess I'm not, I'm sorry....so sorry for not telling you all, honestly I am" she spoke as she furiously wiped away the tears.

"Don't apologies....why should you?.....look at you, you are strong...stronger than all of us....you have been through hell and back yet here you are the fierce and fantastic Dara of 2NE1 you are everything despite him but now that we know we are gonna help you truly get passed this once and for all and you can go back to showing him that he is worth nothing!" Bom spoke firmly determination ringing through despite the tears. 

"Thank you" mouthed Dara as she allowed ChaeRin's fingers to wipe away the tears and she smiled gratefully at Bom. 

"Unnie never be ashamed, you are beautiful, smart, kind and one of the best older sisters I ever had, he may have hit you but our love for you is going to help mend all the scars and pain left behind until you no longer remember what he did to you!" Minzy promised and hugged Dara tightly before returning to Bom's lap where Bom quickly wrapped her arms around her again and whispered how proud she was of her into her ear making Minzy blush.

Dara's eyes brimmed with tears after she heard Minzy's sweet words

"My sweet Minzy what would I do without you huh? I'm glad I have you" and she blew a kiss to Minzy who was now paying attention to Dara at the same time as wiping the tears off Bom's face carefully as Bom's hands were still shaking.

"See baby we all love you, we are going to do anything you need to help you get passed this no matter how long it takes no matter what!" ChaeRin spoke softly leaning forward to kiss Dara's cheek catching the single tear that had slipped out 

"Do you keep calling each other baby?" Bom wondered out loud.........................................