It's hard sometimes

You are the only one who understands

CL heaved a heavy sigh for what felt like the millionth time in the past 4 hours. They had been sitting in the same place as interviewer after interviewer came in and asked them questions and as the seconds ticked by CL got more and more annoyed at being asked the same questions over and over again. But when the camera came on she wiped the aggravated look off her face and plastered a smile on instead. Dara was sitting behind CL and noticed how every time the cameras turned off her shoulders would tense, she could hear the air blow out past CL's lips and her shoulders would slowly drop. Dara smirked to herself, she began to count how many times CL would do this and in the last hour she had counted 26 times. As soon as the camera was off signally this interview had come to an end Dara leaned forward and whispered in CL's ear "CL-roo if you sigh like that again you are going yo deflate like a popped balloon, we only have 2 more interviews and then we are done!" CL chuckled and turned to Dara "Yes Unnie, but seriously could they change up the questions a little?!" They heard the click of the camera going back on and Dara slapped CL's arm signaling for her to turn back around. They were both giggling softly as the interview started. When they were finally done with all the interviews the girls went off to pick up their bags but CL was pulled aside by her manager "Try and be more professional next time, you shouldn't be laughing like that when an interview is beginning, please talk to Dara too!" and with that her manager walked away. CL gritted her teeth clamping her jaw in annoyance and she bit back the retort that was on the tip of her tongue. Her and Dara were only laughing it's not like either of them were rude or cursed she couldn't understand her managers reaction. She huffed and picked up her bag "It's gonna be a long day" she murmured to herself.

The whole drive to the practice studio was filled with chatter between Minzy, Bom and Dara but CL stayed quiet seething in her own anger. Because of her mood practice didn't go well and it ended with her being lectured about needing to be more dedicated as she was the leader and needed to set an example and was told to get her act together. This was the last straw for CL and as soon as they were dismissed she stormed out of the room leaving the other three to sprint to catch up with her and get into the car in time. Doors slammed as they entered Dara and CL's apartment and the final door to slam was the door to CL's room. The others stood there all silent for a while not sure what to do next, they all knew CL had a temper and a perfectionist but they'd never seen her react in such a volatile way before. Bom broke the silence "Right Minzy and I are going to let you deal with that, good night!" and she quickly fled from the apartment dragging Minzy with her. "Aigoo" Dara sighed dramatically and pinched the bridge of her nose.

CL sat on her bed her hands tangled in her hair, she was so frustrated...no actually she had far surpassed frustrated into some emotion she couldn't quite identify, her head was pounding too. She was beginning to feel the burden of being the leader and she wondered why couldn't Bom Unnie be leader she was older. She kicked her shoes off and got up off her bed and wandered over to her mirror. She observed herself in the full length mirror "I don't look like a leader, I'm not the CL everyone thinks I am, I'm quiet, private and not as out going as the character I've created for the stage, I'm just Chaerin, why do I have to be the leader and carry all this burden?!" she spoke to herself quietly.

She heard her door click open and Tam Tam's head pop around the corner quickly followed by Dara "Baby-Rin can we come in, Tam Tam wants to see mommy?" CL laughed and waved her hand to signal for them to come in. Dara was the only member who was allowed in her room and it has been this was ever since the day they had moved in together. Dara came in a stood behind CL her body almost completely hidden from the mirror because of CL's height but Dara could just about see over her shoulder and see CL's sad expression. "Baby-Rin what's wrong?" Dara asked snaking her arms around CL's waist so Tam Tam was now resting on CL's tummy. She reached down and plucked Tam Tam from Dara's hands and began to play with the bunny's ears "I'm just frustrated, sometimes I wish I wasn't the leader, sometimes I feel it's too much!" CL sighed and hung her head not wanting to look in the mirror any longer. Dara's arms tightened and she rested her head in between CL's shoulder blades. "Practice will go better tomorrow don't worry, you do set a good example; you work unbelievably hard for us, we need to do more to help you, I'll talk to the others tomorrow" she said assuredly. CL's hand came down to rest on Dara's hands that were still tightly wrapped around her stomach and squeezed them. "Thank's Unnie but that's not it, I got given out to today for laughing with you at the start of that interview, I'm frustrated that allowed do things that other people my age do, it's hard always having to be the leader and making all these big decisions, like seriously we were only laughing I didn't deserve to be scolded like that, why can't I just relax and be Chaerin it's exhausting being CL all the time!" She pulled away from Dara's embrace, she felt like she had put too much of a burden on her best friend by telling her all this but Dara always willingly sought her out when something was wrong and would patiently listen and give advice so over the years it became a normal thing to do.

CL lay down on her bed and covered her face with her pillow. She felt the pillow being lifted off her face and when she finally opened her eyes she was met with Dara's face looking down on her with an expression full of concern. "Aigoo don't look at me like that!" she whispered and Dara's features softened slightly. Dara Picked Tam Tam up and placed the bunny in front of her face "Dara mommy is sorry for getting Chaerin mommy in trouble, she promises to be on her best behaviour from now on, Dara mommy thinks you are a great leader and understands that it is hard but knows it will get easier as time goes by, she also peomises to play with Chaelin mommy whenever she wants and do fun things so she won't be sad and can just relax and be you!" Dara spoke through Tam Tam hoping it would cheer her baby-Rin up. When Dara pulled Tam Tam away from her face she was rewarded with a big smile on CL's face. She snatched Tam Tam from Dara and kissed the funny little bunny "Thanks Tam Tam" and then she quickly sat up and wrapped her arms tightly around Dara "Thanks Unnie." Dara smiled warmly and got up to leave "night Ssandara Park" she heard CL say before there was an eruption of laughter. "Heoul Baby-Rin don't call me that!" and she threw CL's pillow back at her smacking her right in the face "100 points" Dara screamed and ran from the room laughing. CL shook her head "Aish that Unnie" she grumbled to herself and went off to wash up for bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi :D please don't hesitate to leave a comment and let me know what you think, always love getting feedback from the readers :D