Skiing? Snowboarding?

Winter's Photo Album

 

“That’s just like Taeyeon, looking out for others.” He grinned and was about to turn the page when he heard his parents come up the stairs. Jumping under the covers, he feigned sleep just as the door opened.

“Aigoo, look at our baby.” His mom muttered. Grimacing a little, he shoved the album under his pillow.

“He’s had a rough couple of days. Might as well let him get all the sleep he can. Because it’s only in dreams that the dead come back and visit us.” His dad whispered wisely and backed out of the room.

Mrs. Jung just tutted and moved Yonghwa so that he was in a more comfortable position. Unfortunately, his head landed on the corner of the photobook and he hissed as the edge dug into his scalp.

Luckily his mom didn’t notice and just tucked him in before turning off the light and following her husband out of the room. Rubbing his head, he noticed the moonlight streaming in through his window, pooling in the center of his bed.

The pictures seemed a little more alive under the silverly light hitting the glossy finishes. Yonghwa flipped through a few pages that were of the girl’s vacation to the Bahamas *That was a really boring winter…* and a few of just the opening of Christmas presents. Other girls and boys were in a few of the pictures as they all made more friends in middle school.

He finally arrived to the one dated when he was 15 years old. There were three small figures were on top of a snowy mountain with the caption Haha conquered Mount Everest (jr.) It was really fun except Yonghwa and Seohyun were taking too long…Oh and we had gogumas!


 

            Yonghwa yawned and stretched as best he could underneath the two girls that had fallen asleep on top of him. He blinked and stared for a while before remembering what had happened. *The Kims invited us to a skiing trip and we woke up at three…*

            It wasn’t even that the place was that far away (you can pretty much go through South Korea in less than one day by car) but the fact that everyone wanted to beat the crowds. “U~mma?” he asked, wincing at the voice crack. “How much longer until we get there?”

            Mr. Kim looked up from the driver’s seat and grinned at him. “About another 30 minutes. Are our daughters getting too much for you to handle?”

            Smiling a little, Yonghwa shook his head. “Nope, they’re fine.” A lot of the guys had for being best friends with two girls, but it was true. It wasn’t one of those friendships that broke apart once they had gone through middle school. Instead, they still did their homework together, had random music interludes, and went on family vacations together…like this one.

            Both of the sisters were bundled up in puffy jackets, Seohyun a light pink while Taeyeon sported a bright magenta one, and they were lying on top of Yonghwa’s blue jacket puff.

            The younger blinked and yawned. “Are we there yet?” She realized where she was and bolted up right. “Hehe, miane oppa.”

            “It’s fine Hyun,” he laughed at her remaining hesitance about contact. “We’re almost there. Are you ready to ski?”

            She bit her lip, but her eyes sparkled. “I’ll do my best,” she chirped before taking out a book to read.

            Taeyeon got up soon afterwards and stayed with her head resting on Yonghwa’s lap. “You’re so tall oppa.”

            “Is this you with your short problem again? I’m still short for a guy, get mad at Seohyun for being tall,” Yonghwa muttered.

 


 

            “Now the grown ups can go on the black diamond trail, while the little children can go on the bunny slopes in order to learn with me.” A tall ajusshi was grinning at them as he pointed to a flat-ish area.

            “We’re fifteen and thirteen…” Taeyeon muttered before stomping over to grab a snowboard.

            The other 2 tried to disguise their laughing, height was a sensitive topic around here.

            To her credit, Taeyeon actually learned pretty fast, magenta weaving in and out as she went down the mountain within a couple hours. The instructor quickly presented her with a certificate and sent her onto one of the steeper hills. Yonghwa was just as good, and Seohyun…not so much.

            She was trying to move carefully and not faceplant, which the other two had been eager to do. But when she did fall, she just got right back up and looked even more determined.

            “Yonghwa, you can go onto the harder courses as well if you want.” The instructor called out, handing him a newly printed certificate. “The lesson is pretty much over anyways.”

            Stuffing the paper into his jacket and bowing to the teacher, Yonghwa turned to watch Seohyun fall again and have a hard time getting up. Smiling, he boarded down towards her and sent a shower of snow in her face. “Want some help?” he asked, stretching an arm out.

            She puffed her cheeks and shook the snow off of her face. “Why would you do that? You’re not a choding anymore oppa.”

            He helped her up and tried to get her to balance. “There’s nothing wrong with being a choding.”

            “Yong choding is annoying,” she muttered before sliding down the hill.

            “Yah! I’m still older than you.” He yelled and started after her.

            “Oppa! Seohyun-a!” Taeyeon called out from the bottom of the next hill. “Are you guys going to come in for lunch?”

            “That’s okay unnie! I still want to finish learning this!”

            “I guess I’ll keep an eye on Hyun.”

            The older girl just shrugged and hurried inside the resort’s lodge.

 


 

            Seohyun practiced snowboarding while holding onto his hands as he boarded backwards…Probably not the safest trick for a rookie, but it looked pretty cool.

            Halfway down the mountain and midway in teaching her how to turn, Yonghwa slid in the wrong direction and fell on his . He groaned and Seohyun ended up on the ground as well, dying of laughter.

            In order to get her to shut up, he threw a handful of snow in her face. Seohyun managed to give him a face-full of snow back. Well that plan didn’t work, it just sent her into even more peals of laughter.

            He wiped it off and did a pretty bad job of it.

            “H-hang on o-oppa.” She giggled. Her gloved hands reached over and wiped the white powder from his eyes, cheeks, nose, and hair.

            Yonghwa froze, it had been the first time she had really touched him first since middle school. If he initiated some kind of contact, she would return it but never start it.

            She realized what she was doing and coughed, rosy cheeks turning redder by the second. And he found it kind of cute.

            “Your cheeks are redder than kimchi jigae Hyun.” He giggled.

            Seohyun frowned at him and raised an eyebrow. “Do you look at every detail?”

            “Only on pretty girls.” He returned with a cheesy grin.

            Scoffing, she lay down on the ground. “I bet you’re one of those weird guys who stay up watching SNSD all night just to wait for the part where they all kick their legs up.”

            *How does she know that? Does she break into our house or something?* Yonghwa thought as he stared a particularly interesting speck of snow on the ground among a million others.

            “Omona…Really? You just started high school! You’re still underage. Unnie we have a pftbbnafedmaypwoh” she called out as Yonghwa covered .

            Mr. Jung stopped next to the two of them and took off his goggles. “Yonghwa, what are you doing to poor Seohyun?”

            “Oh, she got a cut on her lip so I’m just putting some snow on it,” he lied easily.

            He looked down at his neighbor who was just as good as his own daughter and frowned. She seemed to be doing some kind of morse code thing with her eyes or something, but Yonghwa’s smile was bright and perfect. “Okay then. Hurry up inside so we can take a look at it Seohyun-a. Oh and help her down the hill, will you Yonghwa?”

            “Sure thing appa!”

            As soon as he was gone, she found the courage to elbow him in the gut. “ert Yong choding!” she chortled before heading down the mountain.

            “Aish jinja.” Yonghwa muttered before heading off after her.

 


 

            Taeyeon glared at them. “Yah! You can't bring snow into the hotel room” she looked at the snow melting off of their jackets and on top of the carpet.

            “Miane Tae, calm down. Do you still have food?”

            She sighed. “Yeah, but all we have left are gog—“

            “Oh my geeeeeeeeee gogumas!!!” Seohyun squealed and launched herself at the plate. “Gomawo unnie!”

            Taeyeon rolled her eyes but smiled. “No problem.”

            Yonghwa managed to grab a couple from Seohyun’s vice-like grip and settled down on the couch next to her.

            The tired cook lay down on top of both of them and looked up at him. “You guys had fun while I cooked all these. Feed me?” she widened her eyes into a puppy dog look.

            *Why does she look so cute when she does that?*

            “No problem Taeyeon-a.” he carefully peeled a nice big one about the size of an orange and stuck it in .

            “YOMFHA!” her eyes bugged out as she struggled to chew it.

            “I told you not to use those eyes on me.” He smirked and turned to the younger sister. “Do you have any more?”

            She eyed him uneasily. “Are they going to be wasted on unnie too?”

            “Not wasted, I’m just feeding her…” he muttered as Taeyeon ran out of the room to spit out the enormous chunk of food in .

            Laughing, he held out a hand to Seohyun for another one.

            “Ani, no more for you.”

            “But I taught you for 3 hours instead of eating!”

            She weighed her options and thought. “Hey unnie, guess what oppa does at night?”

            “Mwoh?” Taeyeon asked as she came back with an apple.

            “KIM SEOHYUN YOU ARE SO DEAD IF I CATCH YOU!”

 


Yonghwa shivered once he finished. A blast of cold air had swept in under his door, reminding him just how cold it had actually been in the mountains. He wished Seohyun would cook him more gogumas…Taeyeon’s were always burnt, but he still ate them.


3 more guys! And they're all going to be posted one after another tomorrow so watch out! Sigh I want gogumas right now...Keke see you in hopefully 24 hours with three more chapters and that'll be the end!

Thanks for reading! (and 51 subbies!!! kyahhhh gomawo!!!! Hmmm the yongseo fics get the most views and subbies...guess i'll use all of my ideas on this couple then ;) )

- chocolate-notes :)