Concert

Winter's Photo Album

 

“That was Jung Yonghwa on the guitar, let’s give him a round of applause.” Kim Woo Bin announced to the crowd. “And to continue our winter concert, let’s give a warm welcome to Zelo and his rapping!”

Yonghwa gave one last bow to the crowd, moving to give the stage to an extremely tall and blond boy. He quickly sat in one of the creaky chairs backstage to watch the rest of the show.

“Good job oppa!” Taeyeon squealed and twirled her bow absent-mindedly. She had been one of the first to perform and was bored out of her mind. “You were probably one of the best.”

“Haha, gomawo Tae. When is Seohyun going on?”

“I think she’s next, she’s at the side of the stage right now.”

“Let’s go wish her good luck.”

He heard her mutter a “She doesn’t need luck.” and snorted. She had been getting jealous of her sister being a piano prodigy and her grades being stuck at  straight 100s.

“Come on Tae, she might be nervous.”

“Arasso.”


 

Seohyun was biting her lip and letting her fingers flutter through the motions on top of her black skirt. She grinned nervously when she spotted the two of them.

“Annyeong,” she whispered

“What are you nervous for?” Yonghwa forced her fingers to stop moved and frowned when he felt them trembling.

“There’s just so many people out there…”

Taeyeon wrapped her arms around her dongsaeng and gave her a smile. “Look, it’s not a hard piece, it’s just a cute little Christmas Carol run. You’re already the best in the district, there’s nothing to worry about.”

“Thanks unnie,” Seohyun gave her a grateful smile and Yonghwa mirrored it. Taeyeon had the talent of cheering everyone up with just a few words.

Applause roared from the audience and the young pianist’s eyes widened as she frantically started to flip through her sheet music.

Zelo bowed one last time, his blond hair giving the appearance of a halo, before coming towards them. “Have fun noona!” He gave her a thumbs up before scurrying to his seat.

Nodding, she straightened her dress and walked on stage. Seohyun bowed and sat down at the grand piano in the middle of the spotlight. And froze.



 

Taeyeon groaned and started rifling through the music. After a few seconds, she shoved the book into Yonghwa’s face. “Read it.”

“Mwoh?” He looked at the endless lines of music, notes blurring together in the dark.

“Are you done reading? Good. Let’s go.”

“But—“ Yonghwa found himself being pushed on stage with his guitar in hand. He blinked and looked over to see Seohyun going from having an ‘omg-there-aren’t-any-more-gogumas-in-the-house’ look to a ‘omg-i-just failed-geography’ look on her face. Her being terrified was starting to grow into confusion, along with Yonghwa’s.

“Annyeonghasaeyo! So there’s been a slight misprint in the program so Yonghwa and I are going to come back on and accompany Seohyun. If you know any of the songs, feel free to sing along!” she chirped into the mic and looked over at the two. They both just gave her blank stares.

Sighing, Taeyeon lifted up her violin and started playing the melody of Silent Night. He joined in after a few measures, providing a harmony of strings while Seohyun stayed…well silent at the bench. The audience just kind of sat there as well.

Yonghwa started to get a hang of things and stepped up to the mic. “Gamsahamida for singing along everyone…Winter’s a very dreary season when it’s not even snowing outside. So here’s a song everyone will like. Miane Seohyun, there isn’t a piano part…”

He moved over and motioned Taeyeon to join him at the stand. Strumming a familiar chord, and catching everyone’s attention, he grinned. “Feliz Navidad. Feliz Navidad.” He sang, surprising himself a little.

Taeyeon laughed and sang along, adding a higher voice and harmonizing perfectly with him. The little kids in the audience started singing as well. He noticed Seohyun grinning and changed songs, mouthing the song to her.

She nodded and started the medley on the program. He brought a mic over and held it to so that she could sing along.

“You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout I’m telling you why. Santa Halaboji’s coming to town.”

“He sees you when you’re sleeping, byungtae..He knows when you’re awake, that’s creepy. He knows if you’ve been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake.” Yonghwa added with a smirk. A few of the older people in the audience looked affronted, but the other teenagers were roaring with laughter. It wasn’t everyday Santa was called a ert…

They continued with a few more songs and finally Seohyun ran out of things to play. The three bowed to the applause and scurried offstage.

After breathing a deep sigh of relief, Seohyun turned to Taeyeon and hugged her. “Gomawo unnie.”

“No problem.”

She shyly turned to Yonghwa and enveloped him in a warm hug. “And thanks Yong oppa.”

“You’re welcome Hyun.”

 


You guys have no idea how long it took me to write this...I still have a couple chapters left and thanks so much to the contest runners to extend the deadline a couple days for me! Gamsahmida!!!!

Ok so yay subbies, comments, and omg there's an upvote! <3s for everyone!!! keke okay it's really short, but yeah i was hitting major writer's block...Also I just had a really bad day with school and math just in general so I just kind of did a Yongseo day ;)

thanks for reading!

- chocolate-notes :)