Defending Hyun

Winter's Photo Album

 

He ate the last one and sighed. They weren’t sugar cookies, shaped into Christmas shapes, served with sprinkles, or eaten with his two best friends, but they still tasted pretty good. Washing them down with a cup of coffee (he kind of had an unhealthy obsession), he cleaned the kitchen and sat down at the table.

The next page was of their elementary school, a group of kids, and another plate of cookies. Yonghwa frowned as he caught himself from grabbing something else to eat. *Why did Taeyeon put so much food in here? I’m going to gain 20 pounds tonight if I keep eating every time I see a picture*

He walked into the living room and covered himself with a blanket. If it was a picture of their school, it must’ve been the next winter. So she put a memory every year then. Thinking a little, he gave up on trying to remember anything and looked at the captions.

Saeng is so mean! Yonghwa oppa cheered me up though! :)

Yonghwa laughed at the angry writing. Of course he remembered that day. The day Taeyeon got yelled at and got made fun of. He pulled the keroro blanket closer. *But she redeemed herself the same day…*


 

“Jaejoong-a, you need to color the flowers pink. Sulli has to paint the butterflies green in the left-hand corner. Taemin oppa, you have to draw apples on the trees and don’t mess them up like last time. Yonghwa, you can draw the clouds in the sky into funny shapes. I’ll color the grass.” Taeyeon announced as she led their table in creating a poster about spring.

Sure spring was still a few months away, but it was best to be prepared and try to keep the kids in order. And the teacher had more help than she had realized.

“Why pink? That’s so girly!”

“Are there even green butterflies?”

“Apples? But apple juice is so gross. Can I make them banana trees instead? Banana milk is so much better…” Taemin happily sipped his 10th bottle. His nickname in school had been banana-milk-a-holic.

“Clouds?”

Sighing, Taeyeon divided up the crayons. “Pink is a manly color, get over it. There are green butterflies, but I guess we can make them orange or purple if you really wanted to. Apples are healthier, you’re going to turn into a monkey with your obsession Taemin oppa, and there are clouds in the spring.”

Rolling his eyes, Taemin frowned at her. “That’s the way you talk to your elders?”

“Well it’s not my fault your ideas Taemin oppa. Who wants to make a banana milk tree?”

“There’s nothing wrong with it!”

Their teacher, Ms. Kwon Bo-ah, walked over once she heard the screams and sighed when she noticed that it was THIS table…the one with the reputation of having the most problems. None of the other tables had problems.

“Taeyeon-a, you have to let the others say their own ideas. There is no right or wrong in coloring.” She shook her head and clapped her hands. “Okay everyone, let’s take a quick break and have snack time!”

The other tables cheered and started walking over to the sinks to wash their hands.

Jaejoong rolled his eyes. “See, you aren’t in charge. So the flowers aren’t going to be pink, I think I’ll make them blue.”

“And I’m making a banana tree!”

Walking over, Sunggyu looked at their blank paper. After comparing it with his group’s completed poster of a picnic, he smiled and looked at Sulli. “Did Taeyeon boss everyone around again?” He chirped in a joking tone as most chodings do, but Taeyeon didn’t hear it and ran out of the room.

Ms. Kwon sighed and looked at Yonghwa. “Can you grab Taeyeon again? It’s her fifth time this week…”

He grinned and grabbed a plate of cookies. “Be right back!”


 

Eating a few on the way there, he stopped by the swing set and put them in her lap. “Come on, it’s cold out here and you don’t even have your jacket. Taemin hyung and the others weren't trying to get you in trouble."

She didn’t look up, but silently ate a cookie. “Everyone’s so mean in there. It’s not my fault they’re doing it all wrong.”

            Yonghwa laughed as she started going off on a tangent on all of their group members’ faults. “Except for you oppa! You’re perfect.”

            “Aw I think you’re pretty amazing too Taeyeon-a” Yonghwa said jokingly as he took a cookie. He was just about to bite into it when he felt the plate being thrown into his face, cookies flying everywhere. “YAH TAE!”

            The culprit was stalking off towards the lower grade’s playground with an angry expression on her face.

 


 

            “Oho, our little brainiac is still reading!” a tall boy was teasing Seohyun as she read a book about Ban Ki-moon. “Who reads about some old politician dude?”

            She barely looked up. “Go away Sungyeol-a. He’s a very smart politician dude.”

            “You’re so weird. Even saeng says you need to stay away from books and have fun.”

            “I am having fun.”

            “Yeah right, it’s no wonder you don’t have any friends.” He laughed and took her book. Right when he was going to say something to her, Taeyeon knocked him over.

            Yonghwa blinked at the scene at a petite Taeyeon knocking over such a tall boy and currently beating him up. He sat next to Seohyun on the bench and grinned at her. “Don’t worry Hyun, you have lots of friends! See your unnie’s taking care of everything.”

            “But she’s hurting Yeol oppa!” Seohyun scrambled over and pulled her sister off of the poor boy who looked thoroughly shocked.

            “I didn’t know you had a crazy vicious ahjumma for a sister!” he gasped and stood up.

            “Don’t you dare say anything about my sister like that! And who are you calling an ahjumma?!?” Taeyeon shrieked.

            Sungyeol handed the book over to Seohyun and raised an eyebrow. “Aish this girl is weird. It’s something Seo and I do every day. You know, a joke?”

            “That gives you no excuse to say those things!”

            Tugging her unnie’s sleeve, Seohyun grinned. “Thanks unnie, but oppa and I are friends.”

            “BUT HE JUST SAID ALL THOSE MEAN THINGS!”

            “No, he’s just teasing. He’s a real choding, but I saw him read a biography on our president last week.”

            “Yah Kim Seohyun! I did not! And you’re a choding too!” Sungyeol flipped through the pages and scoffed. “You’re only on page 179? I started a new book this morning and I’m on 350. You’re getting slow Seohyun-a.”

Smacking his head with the book, she gave him a glare before giving her sister a grin and dragged Sungyeol back into their classroom. “Come on oppa, it’s almost reading time! And I know for a fact that the book you’re reading only has 204 pages.”

 


 

            “I’m a terrible sister.” Taeyeon looked even worse off than before, making her best friend sigh.

            “No you aren’t. Think about it, if that guy was a jerk, then you could’ve saved Seo’s life!” Yonghwa waved another cookie in front of her face. “Cheer up Tae.”

            Grabbing the bribe, she shook her head. “Nope, it’s not going to happen.”

            “I promise to take you to the camera store next week and let you tr—“

            “REALLY!?!” she squealed and tackled Yonghwa, who was groaning on the ground having fallen out of the swing. “GOMAWO!!!”

            Laughing a little at the smile that threatened to split her face in half, he ushered her inside. “Yeah yeah…Now hurry up and get in the classroom. Break is almost over and I want more cookies…”

            He trailed after as Taeyeon ran inside to escape the cold. *She was really cool, defending her sister like that.*

            Yonghwa frowned…*Taeyeon had really been bi-polar back then…* Defending your sister was one thing, but beating up a younger kid… *Why did I think she was cool again? Oh and I never got to eat more cookies that day…* He shook his head. *No, you can’t eat the cookies!* He breathed a sigh of relief as he turned the page. At least there wasn’t any food on it for once.

Annyeong! omg bad chapter but i'll come back to it after the story's done.. I'm trying to write as fast as I can but school decided that now was when all the tests are coming up...sorry i don't have time to fix all the posters so i guess they're going to stay the same from now on...keke taemin is the oldest how about that :)

sigh so now yonghwa's starting to see the light (and at last I see the liiiiiiight great song btw and tangled is awesome...don't judge)

btw thanks to all my subway subbies again and i'm sorry but i might not update until after this story is over cause there's actually a deadline here and im getting some writer's block for that one so...mianhe!!! see you guys really soon! contest is over in like 10 days and i need to write like 10 more chapters...aigoo

and for everyone who commented (love you guys) and said there must be something in the book???keke maybe idk really now...hmmmm ^^

kyahhh over 200 total subbies! love you guys! OH AND NEXT CHAPTER!!! is going to be some more yongseo...at least it's planned out so yeah...

- chocolate-notes :)