Baking cookies

Winter's Photo Album

 

A/N: Ummmm let’s say that the family didn’t find the trophy…or the parents found it but promised not to tell Taeyeon…anyways on with the story!

 


 

He laughed to himself. That had been the day Seohyun ate the pie with a smile, and spat it out as soon as his mom’s back was turned. At least it had made her forget about her problems with Taeyeon…That was probably the only positive thing from the salty pie (the shakers look identical to the ones for sugar so…) Retreating into his room once it got too dark to read, Yonghwa flipped to the next page. But he was prepared for the food pictures as he munched on an apple.

I know this is supposed to be an album about winter, but it’s turning into a Yonghwa album. I guess winter is his season… Winter oppa, Snow Yong. Keke. We made cookies!

Yonghwa smiled. *Is it really my album? It's mine? Snow Yong? So that's where she got the nickname from...* He quickly ignored the cookies and looked at the picture Taeyeon had taken of him and Seohyun beaming with pride, a pretty plate of cookies in front of them.

“Oppa! Stop messing everything up!” Taeyeon shrieked as Yonghwa poured melted butter into the bowl.

“I’m not, it says here to put in a melted stick of butter.”

“No, that’s step 3. Step 2 is the put the flour and water in and stir well. Aish jinja.”

Seohyun rolled her eyes and started mixing the bowl. “Unnie’s just mad because we’re making chocolate chip cookies instead of sugar cookies.”

“Well it’s hard to make chocolate chip snowflakes with the actually chocolate pieces. And whoever heard of a brown snowflake?”

Patting her head before grabbing the bag of flour, Yonghwa laughed. “We’ll make sugar cookies once this batch is done.”

The three were working well when Seohyun ripped the bag of chocolate chips the wrong way, causing the delicious pieces to scatter all over Yonghwa who had been trying to pick up a napkin off of the ground.

“M-mianhe oppa!” she squeaked before starting to clean up.

Grinning, he scooped up a handful of flour and sprinkled it into her hair. “There, we’re even now.”

“MWOH! That’s even worse! Now I look like I have dandruff!” She shrieked and threw some flour back at him.

The flour fight continued until both felt a spritz of water hit them in the face. Taeyeon was frowning at the two of them and held up the sprayer menacingly. “Seohyun-a, Snow Yong, we’re trying to bake here.”

“D-did you just spray us? Isn’t that what you do to dogs and cats if they’re being annoying? And what the heck is Snow Yong?”

“Yes. Now hurry up and get the batter on the baking sheets snow Yong.”

Pouting, Yonghwa tossed some flour at her back and froze when she turned around with the water bottle.

“Jung Yonghwa, did you just throw that at me?” she muttered through gritted teeth.

He gulped and backed away. “Miane Taeyeon!”

She smirked and pounced on him, pouring the water all over his already flour covered face. He picked up the bag of flour and bombarded her with the white dust. Sighing, Seohyun grabbed a rag and started to clean the kitchen as the two fought.

 


 

“Kids, are the cookies almost done? We need to start opening presents soon.” Mr. Kim looked in and observed the mess. “Aigoo our Seohyunnie. Are you have to clean up after those lovers again?”

She giggled and nodded. “Unnie and oppa are always like this.”

Wrapping his arms around his younger daughter, Mr. Kim grinned. “Are you sure you aren’t left out? I can always go and get that little boy from down the street. What’s his name, Jinwoon or Kyuhyun?”

“They’re brothers appa! And no, I like watching Taeyeon have someone get mad at her.”

Yonghwa saw her slight frown but ignored it before smiling from his place on the floor in the middle of Taeyeon’s headlock. “Anytime Hyun.”

Taeyeon just gave him one last spritz before hauling him up. “Get up. I want to open presents.”

“Ne princess Tae.”

Pouting, Seohyun turned away from them and it was one of the few times Yonghwa caught it. “Princess Hyunnie~ Would you like some help putting the cookies in the oven?”

“Hurry up kids. Yonghwa, I think Santa brought you a new guitar this win—“ Mrs. Jung barely got out before her son was running out of the kitchen.

 


 

Yonghwa looked at the small guitar mounted on his wall and smiled. It had been his first guitar that hadn’t been a toy. He had forgotten that he and Taeyeon always ended up in messes at that age and Seohyun was the one to clean them up. She had been the little sister he had never had.

Flipping to the next page, he laughed when he saw a picture of him and his two neighbors in all of their finery on stage. He had been grinning, Seohyun looked nervous, and Taeyeon looked disgruntled.

I guess oppa saved the day again today. At least I got double the applause ^^.

--

Hey guys! Yeah so a few more chapters and this one was just kind of a filler...I think I might have to skip a year or two to finish on time...I have tests and quizzes that I haven't studied for!! But I don't care cause I'm going to have a korean marathon with my friends tomorrow night! Kyah I'll just fail school next week ;)

See you soon!

- chocolate-notes :)