Prologue Kinda

Winter's Photo Album

 

Winter is much like unrequited love; cold and merciless. Your heart freezes colder ice the second you realize you are alone, and will shatter at your miserable confession. It’s even worse because a cup of hot chocolate can’t even fix it.

            Yonghwa frowned as he read those words. That was such a weird poem, if it was even considered to be one. He didn’t have unrequited love and winter was about to end anyways. This was definitely not something a kingka would use to do a dramatic confession to one of the queenkas at his school.

            Jung Yonghwa was at the top of the food chain. He had the looks, the talent, and most of all, the girls. Even though confessing to his childhood friend, Kim Taeyeon, would be as easy as pie, he wanted to make it memorable.

            “Next.” He muttered as he flipped the page. His phone rang and he hurriedly stuck a bookmark in between the pages to go find it.

            “What do you want!” he growled as he took a long drink from his coffee mug.

            “Oh hyung!” It was Jonghyun. “Um so I have something to tell you…”

            “Is it about that music festival? Yeah don’t worry, I already came up with a song. I’ll send you the recording in a bit. I’m busy right now.”

            “But hyu—“

            Throwing the device onto his bed, he turned back to his book, only to have his phone ring again.

            “Not now Jungshin. I’ll go watch a movie with you tomorrow.” He muttered, not even giving his tall friend a chance to talk.

            The phone rang yet again in a few seconds and Yonghwa sighed. “Minhyuk—“

            “Hyungdon’thangupTaeyeondiedandyouneedtogettothefuneralhomenow” the maknae blurted in a rush.

            His breath caught in his throat and Yonghwa barely managed to save his cellphone from shattering into a million pieces, stubbing his toe in the process. Gritting his teeth to prevent a stream of curse words, he held the phone up to his ear. “Say that again.”

            “I’m really sorry hyung…But Taeyeon got into a car accident last night and now everyone’s at the funeral place.” Minhyuk whispered the address to him and hung up.



 

            Feeling a tear threatening to spill, he hurriedly changed into a black suit and grabbed his bag before running out of his room.

            “Yonghwa? Where are you going, it’s time for lunch.” His mother poked her head out of the kitchen and noticed his attire. “Did something happen?”

            “Yeah. I’ll be back later umma.” He whispered and grabbed his bus pass. He never did manage to pass that driving test.

            Sitting right by the door, Yonghwa attracted a lot of attention. It wasn’t every Saturday morning that a nice looking kingka rode the bus, in a suit. A few girls giggled and smiled in what they thought was a flirtatious manner.

            He just huffed and wondered how shallow they were. *Taeyeon would never do that…* This time a tear did fall and it landed on his sleeve. He watched it expand into a dark spot about the size of a coin until there was no more water left.

            If Taeyeon had crashed last night, it must’ve been at that Shinee party. They were underclassmen, but still got along just fine with their sunbaes. A lot of the kingkas and queenkas had gone, but he had stayed at home to finish up the lyrics to his song and figure out how to confess to Taeyeon.

            Yonghwa smiled bitterly to himself. At least he wouldn’t have to be nervous about rejection, because she had done the ultimate rejection of all. He might have joined her if he had gone. Since he didn’t have a license, she drove him everywhere in that bright red convertible.

            Straightening his tie, he got off at his stop and dropped his bag with the receptionist and stepped inside the tall building that was currently flooded with crying people. He had walked by many times, seeing the scene every day with a few new faces here and there. But he had never thought he would have been joining them so soon.

Whoa 18 subscribers on the forward?!? You guys are the best! keke so yeah I'm sorry but please don't get your hopes up! This probably won't be the best fic I write so yeah...Also first chapter really short...sorry?

And all you lovelies who came over from subway without even me saying anything yet *hugs all of you*

I'll try to update soon, but I'm trying to finish the next subway fic and all of my other fics first so it might be a few days...or week...maybe more...

Thanks for subscribing and leave some comments jebal!!!

- chocolate-notes :)