Chapter 8

My Patbingsu

CHAPTER 8 ~

image

“Thanks. I’ll see you later,” I said as I got off.

“Sure,call me if you need a ride back,” he sped off. 

I walked to the door and rang the door bell. It opened slowly and to my surprise, it was Kwon Jiyong who opened the door. image

“What are you doing here?” we both said in unison.

“I live here, what about you?” I wish I could say something like 'this is my house' but I'd just look like a fool.

“Youngbae oppa told me to come over. You live with him?” I scratched the back of my head.

“Are you sure? He seems pretty occupied to me. But anyways, come in,” he gestured to me as I looked around.

“Nice place.” Kinda awkward talking to him after yesterday.

“Thanks, YB’s watching t.v.,” YB? Oh, Youngbae! Why’s he acting like nothing happened? I made my way into their living room. “YB” was sitting on the couch with his arms resting lazily. Oettokae? I slowly approached him and the girl he was sitting next to, chatting away like there’s no tomorrow. Omo! It’s mandu cheeks! Wait…I thought she liked Jiyong! image

“Hey…Youngbae oppa? I’m sorry about yesterday,” I smiled sincerely.

“Oh hey, it’s cool. I heard you got a little sick,” at least he looks genuinely concerned, right? I nodded. “Sit down,” he smiled. I sat down on the single couch.

“By the way, this is Sohee. I met her at the party yesterday. She was really nice, so I invited her over today.” Oh great, he invites strangers to his house? Just then I felt someone jump into my lap. I felt like all the oxygen was out of me. Freakin Dragon!image

“Sunye ah! You should stay over too. image “ I glared at him but he just looked back and smiled like an angel…uh I mean idiot. image Our eyes locked for a long time. He furrowed his brows and slowly brought his face face close to mine and all the events from last night started to refresh in my mind. My breaths became short and my heart raced. I quickly pushed him away.

“Get off me!”

“Chill girl. There was no room on the other couch.”

“So you think my lap is a couch waiting to be sat on?”

“No…but it was comfy,” he grinned.

“Jiyong ah, stop bothering her,” Taeyang said ever so calmly.

“At least I’m bothering her. You’re not even bothering about her. You’re gonna end up hurting someone if you keep playing around,” he mumbled so only I heard the last part...I think. I feel bad for Taeyang oppa, of all people to hear that from, it had to be the grand player himself. What is going on with these two? image

“Oppa, can I see your room?” I wonder what would happen if I poke a needle into her cheeks. Would they deflate like a balloon? image

“Sure. I’ll be right back Sunye sshii.” They walked upstairs. Why do I have a bad feeling about this? Maybe I should just leave. I turned around to leave but who knew that Jiyong would be standing behind me with a glass of water.

“Here Sun-” *crash* water all over my white blouse. TT_TT

“Omo! Mianhe!” I definitely didn't want to look down to see how transparent my shirt was now. He quickly got me a towel and threw it at me! I started to wipe away at my shirt and when I looked up, I found him smirking.

“ert,” I muttered under my breath, but loud enough for him to hear. He grabbed my wrist and pushed me against the wall. I got a sudden pain in the back of my head. He slid his hand down the side of my face as I looked at him in distaste. Then he grabbed me by my shoulders. Putting his hands against the wall, behind me, he rested his head on my shoulder. He was really quiet so I can't figure out what he's doing.

“Why do you hate me so much, Minnie?” I quickly pushed him off and tried to walk away but he was too close. He attempted to grab my shoulder but only gripped my shirt. When he wouldn't let go, I pulled myself away. But man was that the worst thing I could’ve done. The buttons on my shirt came undone…Cheap shirt! Well, I don’t have to blame it on myself since he was the one who started it.

“Oops.”

“Jiyong! Neo byeontae*!” I yelled so loud, I bet the whole neighborhood heard me. Just then I heard footsteps from upstairs. Oh no! Time to panic Sunye. [*You ert]

“Sunye ah?! Are you okay?” oh crap. My shirt! Jiyong quickly pulled me against his chest. My face was turning red…I could feel it. I don’t know when it started but I was crying.

image

“She’s fine. See? She’s with me.”

“Don’t lie to me! What did you do to her? She called you a ert Jiyong.”

“Nothing, she’s fine.” He slowly wrapped his arms around me and I started to feel more pathetic.

“Omo! Sunye sshi…your shirt…it’s wet (duh -_-),” he pulled me by my arm. His eyes grew wider and he was speechless. I looked down in embarrassment. Someone, shoot me now! TT_TT

~~~~~~~Supposed to originally end here but I’ll prolong it image ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw a flash of emotions on his face. It was a mix of concern and shock. Anything else that might be there, I couldn't decipher. Youngbae oppa quickly grabbed me and pulled me in for a hug as Jiyong scoffed and I cried harder. Dang his chest is hard! Wait…this is no time to be talking about how hot his body is!

“It’s okay. Nobody else saw. Don’t worry.” He made an effort to comfort me while patting my back. That only makes it worse cause it was, of all people, two guys I know who saw and some girl I just met not long ago. image

“Obviously it’s you that’s making her cry, she was fine with me.”

“What are you talking about? Isn’t it your fault to begin with?”

** *gasp* Did I just hear mandu cheeks call me a ? Or is that my conscience making me feel more inferior? 

“Come on Sunye ah. You’re obviously not wanted here,” Jiyong grabbed my hand and dragged me upstairs to his room, and closed the door behind him. O_O’ Uh oh! I don't know what's worse, being locked in a room with Jiyong, or dying from embarrassment in front of the guy you like.  

“*sigh* I don’t understand him sometimes.”

“Are you talking about me or Taeyang?” I said that out loud?

“If you’re wondering…yes you said that out loud.” He can read minds now? He shook his head at me. Get out of my head Kwon Jiyong!

“I was…talking about you,” I slightly mumbled.

“What’s so confusing about me?” What’s not?

“You’re…..weird?” Okay…so that was a little blunt...true, nonetheless.

“What are you talking about?” He narrowed his eyes at me. Am I forgetting something important? 

“Your attitude and personality annoys me.”

“What’s wrong with you? Girls love me! Are you even a girl?” Is he seriously trying to joke with me right now?

“It’s just that. One minute you act mean, and the next , you’re helping me. It’s like you change your personality whenever you get bored and I'm always the one that has to deal with it. I don’t get you.”

“So you’re interested in me?” He smirked! Jiyong ah, I really wish you'd be more serious with me, especially right now.

“Don’t get me wrong, I-”

*ringtone* [Can't miss the smirk on Jiyong's face.]

Sunye: Yobusaeyo*? [*hello]

Seunghyun: Yah! Sunye ah, go home quickly!

Sunye: Why? What’s wrong?

Seunghyun: I’m not sure but my mom just called and told me to tell you to come home quickly. Just get there quickly. I’m on my way.

Sunye: Okay, I’m coming.

I headed to the door to leave but Jiyong grabbed my hand. Not again.

“I’ll drop you.” *phew* See, now he's being sincere when he was just being a douche a few seconds ago. I rest my case, your honor.

“Um…okay…thanks.” I suddenly ran out of words. Something’s wrong. I knew this day would be horrible!

*in the car*

The ride was silent but short, as I buttoned up my sweater that only covered the upper half of my top. I was kinda scared though. Not because of him, but his driving. I would be more careful with a car like this.
image

When he stopped in front of my house, I thanked him and quickly got out, running to my door. As I walked through the door, I waved back at him and watched him drive off. Suddenly, I felt a hand tug on my arm.

“Sunye ah! Come quick! Mom said halmoni collapsed.” I stood frozen.

“What?” I stared at Seunghyun as he started to drag me inside.

As soon as we got into my grandma’s room, I ran to her side. She was awake, but she looked weak. Just then, TOP’s mom walked in.

“She’s fine now, but I’ll be taking her to a doctor tomorrow.”

Ever since I was little, TOP’s mom had treated me as her own child. I lost my parents a long time ago and my grandma took care of me since then. She was my pillar of support besides the Choi’s. My brother had left quite a while ago too, so I was really close to my grandma

“Don’t worry, I’ll take care of her,” she reassured me. I heard her tell TOP to take care of me before she left the room. Truthfully, I really needed him right now and I was glad he was there. He slowly helped me up and dragged me out of the room.

“Come on, she needs rest right now, and so do you.” I didn't want to leave her in fear of what might happen. He closed the door, then turned to me.

“Don’t cry, she’ll be fine.” I touched my cheeks. Indeed, they were stained with tears. He pulled me in for a hug and I buried my head in his chest. This scene is seems like deja vu. The warmth he provided gave a feeling of security. 

“Seunghyun ah, I’m scared.”

“Don’t worry, we’re all here…is your…shirt…wet?” he held my arms.

I held onto him tighter, not letting go. I knew he would ask me more questions if he saw that it was missing buttons. While one of his arms were still wrapped around me, he started walking me upstairs, to my room. It was difficult walking up the stairs slightly sideways, but I believed that Seunghyun wouldn't let me fall. he sat me down on the bed as I quickly pulled on the sheets. The last thing I heard him say was to rest up. Then, I dozed off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Poster cr: me]