Chapter 9

My Patbingsu

CHAPTER 9 ~

 

image

[Monday Morning]

I woke up and looked at my clock. 2AM ( x] ) I guess I slept too long. What do I do now? I can’t sleep anymore. I got up and the light and changed out of my button less top into a hoodie and sweatpants. Stupid Jiyong! A**hole! :angry: I walked down the stairs and headed out the door. I need to clear my mind. 

A sudden wind blew against my face. It was cold, causing me to shiver, but it felt good. I walked over to the park near our house. Seunghyun and I would always come here in the summer and watch the sun set. When did we stop? Oh yeah, I remember. When we grew up. Seunghyun started to work and got a girlfriend…well actually he stole my girl-friend :P Yoobin unnie!!! 3 years ago…those were the days.

I sat on the bench, looking up at the stars, completely unaware of the presence next to me. I smiled and closed my eyes.

“Yeeun ah!!!!! TT_TT"
“Daesung?…What are you doing here?”
“Oh, Sunye?…I’m just clearing my head. You?”
“Same.” *sigh* Me and Daesung go back.
“If there’s something wrong…you can share it with me…like we used to.”
“Huh?…Oh it’s not the same anymore. And it’s no big deal. Just Halmoni.”
“Oh! Is something wrong with your grandmother? Is she sick?!” he asked frantically.
“Calm down Daesung. She’s fine now. She just collapsed earlier. Don’t worry, Seunghyun’s mom is taking her to the hospital tomorrow…er…today?”
“*phew* thank god.”
:lol: So, what’s on your chest?”
“Oh…Uh Yeeun and I just had a little argument. Nothing big.” He smiled.
“Nothing big? You fought with her?!” I saw him sink down in fear. I admit, I can get kinda scary when it comes to Yeeun. After all, she is my bestest(<_<) friend. However, I trust Daesung…I’ve been there. "You better apologize, regardless of whatever it is she did." I sat back and looked up at the stars again, slowly closing my eyes.

*Flashback* [Sunye-11th grade, Seunghyun-12th grade]

Seunghyun and I were sitting at my desk. He was talking randomly while I was trying to do my work. Then he got up to do something and the whole room was suddenly silent.
 
 
I looked up to find a note in the hands of one of my classmates…Daesung.
 
 
I stared at him confused for a while. He held it up in front of my face. Oooohh! It’s a love letter. Crap what do I do? Why am I talking to myself? I smiled at him and took the note out of his hands and he turned around and walked away. I slowly opened it.

To Min Sunye,

I decided to make this short and sweet [thank god]. Believe me, this letter isn't enough for me to tell you how much I like you. If I wanted to, I could write a whole book about you. I've liked you for a while but never really had the courage to ask you out, but it’s now or never right? I know I’m not the best candidate and there’s probably lots of guys waiting in line but I hope you’ll take me into consideration. If you become my girl, I will do everything in my capability to make you happy…yaksokhe*. [*I promise]

I let out a giggle looking at the letter. The following week, Daesung and I were “a thing”. He would always hang out with Seunghyun and me. We always had fun…or so I thought. After a couple months, Daesung talked to me about my relationship with Seunghyun, something about being a third-wheel. At first I was mad at him for doubting me, but then I was kind of glad that he was honest…but it still hurt. I thought he of all people would understand our friendship, but I guess even he misunderstood. After we talked about it over a course of a few days, he finally broke up with me. At first I was really sad cause I liked him a lot…but I got over it. A year later, he started going out with my best friend (Yeeun) and I was happy for them. Like, genuinely happy. I didn't have to force myself to accept their relationship just because Yeeun was my best friend. It came naturally because I was really over him. We became really good friends after that. I’m glad things turned out the way they did.

*End of Flashback*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW, yes that flashback scene is from the WonderBang music drama. If anyone could find me a gif of Daesung's part [where he was giving the letter to her], I will be eternally grateful. ^^
[Poster cr: no idea who made it but it wasn't me.]