Chapter 3

My Patbingsu

CHAPTER 3 ~ 


[ TOP’s POV ] 

I walked out of my house to go over to Sunye’s. I saw her get out of Yeeun’s car with some bags in her hand. I walked over to them. Yeeun waved so I smiled and waved back.

“What’dya buy?” I finally said.

“Just some dresses,” Ye-eun replied. I peaked into Sunye’s bag.

“So nosy!” she looked kinda pissed.

“Chill Girl,” I hope she’s not pissed at me. She waved to Yeeun, who drove off. Then she looked at me and started walking over to her door. I followed. She tried to close the door on me but I put my hand in between, making her think she crushed it.

“Ahh!” I yelled. She opened the door.

“Oh my gosh. Oppa are you okay?” She was overly worried. She looked at my hand, then back up at my face. I didn’t say anything. 

“You lied to me didn’t you?” Crap.

“Show me the dress you’re gonna wear. I wanna see.” I pouted a little, in a totally manly way. She opened the door and let me in. I walked past her and right into her room, then jumped onto her bed. 
 
"Don't jump on the bed!" She walked in slowly and took out a black dress from one of the bags and showed it to me.

“Here. You’ve seen it. Now you can go.”

“No. Try it on…please.” She took the dress and walked through the door of her walk-in closet. Why is she trying so hard to kick me out?
 
"You know oppa, you're really weird. I think you've been hanging out with me and unnie too much. You're more interested in girl things that most other guys would avoid."

After a few seconds, she walked out with her arm over her chest.
 
image

She looked pretty hot in the dress. It was different from her usual jeans and t-shirts. I walked over to her and tried to move her hands down and make her spin in a circle. (Yeah he’s on TOP of the “I can’t understand women list") She refused and slipped to the other side of the room. I ran after her. I was about to grab her when she was cornered right in front of her bed but I tripped over a bag (on the ground o.o’ ). She turned around and saw me falling. She finally put her hands out in front of her to push me back up but I towered over her and we fell on the bed [thank god]. I looked down at her, embarrassed. Oh crap.
 
image image
 
"Oppa! I told you not to run around in my small room!" She's always nagging me.

She turned her face to the side. Both of our faces were red. I stood up quickly.

“Sorry,” I helped her up.

“It’s okay,” she grumbled. Great, now she's more mad than when I first came in.

I scratched the back of my head. “You’re not really thinking of wearing that to the party, are you? I mean, sure these are university students we’re talking about but anyone of them could molest a girl wearing those clothes.” Wow that seemed like a long fatherly lecture. I feel like her mom or her older brother.

“What do you care? It’s my choice if I want to get molested.” Oh no she didn’t just talk back to me. Well I guess I can’t be too controlling(?) of her. 

Wait…no I can’t let my best friend get molested. Dam.n why does she have to be so stubborn?

“Was this why you came over in the first place?” Oh yeah. I forgot. 

“No. Actually I was wondering if you would come with me to get a hair cut.” She looked confused. “I don’t know what to do with my hair.”

[15 Minutes Later]

So yeah anyways, that’s how we ended up here: image

Then I suddenly remembered something. "Oh yeah, Sunye ah, I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind going to the party with Taeyang…that is if you don’t have someone already?" He would never ask anyone and as his friend, I can’t see him go alone. She looked at me and nodded. "So what should I do with my hair?"
 
image

Sunye suggested to just trim it so I can just jell it up or something. Sounds good to me. She sat down in the chair next to mine. Is she going to cut her hair? 

“Sunye ah, are you going to cut your hair?”

“Yeah, I guess so, it’s been a while,” she replied. Nooo!!! I can feel myself screaming inside. Why does she want to cut it? She kept her hair like that for two years cause I persuaded her to grow it but now she’s just going to cut it off? I turned around in my seat…disappointed. :s

image

Wow he actually looks sad just cause I’m going to chop off my hair. I saw him slowly dozing off in his chair. The shop was empty so I told the lady cutting his hair, to not wake him up. I told the other lady how I wanted my hair and she got to work.
_________________________________________________
 
Ok, so it’s Saturday now and Seunghyun hasn’t talked to me since yesterday. I don’t get what his problem is. Whatever, forget it. He'll come around. Anyways, Yoobin unnie came over to help me get ready and she’ll be going with oppa anyways. She was really excited to see my dress. I showed her the black one and the yellow one but I told her I would wear a different one. She told me to wear the black one but I told her it was too uncomfortable. 
 
After I slipped the dress on, Yoobin unnie helped to apply some makeup on me.

“So, I heard you’re going with Taeyang,” she stated bluntly.

“Yup.”

“By the way, nice hair. It really suits you well.” [FOR THOSE OF U WHO GUESSED THE ‘SO HOT’ HAIR, YOU WERE RIGHT =)]

“Thanks unnie…At least SOMEONE likes it.”

“What? Who doesn’t like it?”

“I don’t think Seunghyun oppa likes it. He hasn’t talked to me since he saw it yesterday.”

“Oh. Well, don’t worry about it. That boy’ll come around. C’mon, let’s go see how the guys are doing.” 

I grabbed my shoes and headed out the door. As soon as we opened the door, we saw TOP stuffing his mouth with something. He turned towards us and his eyes almost came out. He dropped whatever he was eating and ran over to us.

“Sunye ah, you’re wearing that dress?”

“Duh,” he reached out and squished me in his arms.

“Yah, you take notice of your best friend but not your girlfriend?” unnie glared at him. 

“Of course not Binnie. I don’t need to say anything to let you know how gorgeous you look, right?” Yeah right. He’s probably just happy to see her wearing the dress he gave her. Told him he had nothing to worry about.

“Where’s oppa?” I can’t watch them get all gushy in front of me.

“Right in front of you,” TOP smiled his cheesiest smile. But before I could correct him, Yoobin unnie smacked the back of his head. He pointed upstairs. I started walking there as I heard Seunghyun oppa mumble something but unnie covered his mouth and they got in an argument…again. Sometimes they act like a couple who’s already married. I slowly made my way upstairs thinking about how it would go with Taeyang. I mean, I know I shouldn’t really be expecting anything but I can’t help it.
 
I walked into oppa’s room. “Taeyang oppa, sometimes I wish you were a playboy. Curse his girl phobia,” I blurted out loud seeing that there was no one in the room.

[Taeyang’s POV]

Did my ears hear right? Did she just say I should be a playboy? I curse the girl phobia too but what can I do? It’s natural, especially when I’m around the girl I like. I slowly tried to approach her, forgetting why I actually came into the room. She turned around so suddenly, I couldn’t even finish taking taking a step. 

She bumped into me and my hands instinctively grabbed her waist….so down we go with a thud. Ow my back. She looked up at me and I swear she blushed. I forgot I didn’t have a shirt on and my upper body was still damp from taking a shower. Come on YB, you can do it! Think like a playboy.

image

O.O Oh.My.GOD! Exposed chest! He’s shirtless…I think I’m more flustered than he is. Please God, don’t let it show.

“Sunye sshi?” What? Did he not know it was me?

“I haven’t changed that much, have I?” I felt his hands grab my shoulders.

“No it’s just that you look really nice today,” he smiled.

Did he just complement me? My cheeks are burning, I can feel it. Wait…what happened to his girl phobia? Earth to Taeyang…Is that really you? I felt his face inch closer to mine. Crap. Do I have guy phobia now?

“Umm…I’ll wait for you downstairs,” I got up quickly and ran out of the room. That…was scary. But…he has such a good body. Snap out of it! I tried to shake the image out of my head which almost made me miss the fact that I had reached the stairs. That would've been ugly. As I was walking down the stairs, I saw Seunghyun’s mom taking numerous photos of him and unnie. She turned around and spotted me.

“Omo! My little sunye is growing up. Come, you look so pretty.” I knew she wouldn’t let me go without some pictures. I took a couple with unnie and oppa until Taeyang came. Then, she started taking some with us together. Taeyang slowly put his arm around me. I saw Seunghyun oppa raise his eyebrows all the way until it reached the TOP of his forehead. Well, not really. I tend to over exaggerate things…just a tad bit if you haven’t realized yet. 
 
After a while, we headed out.



Author’s Note:

This is how everyone is dressed for the dance: 

Yoobin & Sunye: image     Yeeun: image

Sunye: image   Big Bang: image
[Look at those G-Market logos ]