Brotherly Love

Once Bitten, Twice Shy

 

 
When Yoona finally got back to her room, she dressed down and slid under the covers of her bed. In one hand, she held the little bear. In the other, she held her phone, the charm swinging about as she settled down.
 
She had a lot to think about.
 
Woohyun and Hoya both treated her amazingly well, but they both used that word. Friend. Were they really her friends? She didn't know them for too long, but they both seemed to stick with her even after she kept pushing them away. Could she trust them?
 
And beyond that, did they just want to be friends, or did they want something more? Woohyun held her hand, while Hoya didn't. And Yoona felt pretty sure that friends didn't hold each other's hands casually.
 
Maybe Woohyun wants to be something more? Her heart skipped at the thought.
 
But then again, Hoya did kiss her on the forehead that one night. And Yoona was pretty sure that friends didn't do that either.
 
The one thing she did know is that, whatever happened, she didn't want to lose them. She liked being around them. She liked looking at Woohyun's twinkle-eyed smile, and she liked falling into Hoya's warm hugs.
 
She clutched both presents tightly. Then, she flipped off the light, hugged them to her chest, and tried to get some sleep.
 
*******
 
Hoya watched from his window as Yoona slid into bed, catching sight of the little bear he found her. Oho, she's taking it with her to bed? He smiled to himself as she seemed to curl up around it.
 
"Sweet dreams, Yoona," he whispered.
 
Suddenly, the door to his room flew open. He released the blinds and looked.
 
Woohyun stood at the doorway, looking ready for a fight.
 
"Yah, Woohyun... what's up?"
 
"Who were you with just now?" He spoke in a low, hoarse voice, and Hoya could feel that something was wrong.
 
"No one... I was just out doing homework."
 
"DON'T lie to me!!" Hoya jumped a little at Woohyun's sudden outbreak. Woohyun suddenly approached, and Hoya thought he was going to punch him, but instead he threw his hand at the blinds, propping them open and looking outside.
 
Hoya followed his gaze. Yoona's light was still on.
 
"You... you like Yoona." Woohyun said it more as a statement than a question, and as he did, his eyes flashed with sadness.
 
He seemed so sincere, that Hoya couldn't lie to him. "Mm."
 
At that, Woohyun wheeled around and took a few steps toward the door, then stopped. He clenched his fists. He had meant to challenge Hoya. He'd planned on telling him that he would fight for Yoona. That he would try his hardest to make Yoona fall for him instead of Hoya.
 
But somehow, Woohyun couldn't bring himself to say all of that. He and Hoya were brothers, and relations like that are too sacred to be broken up over a girl.
 
Woohyun peeked back at Hoya, and Hoya read the pain and conflict in his hyung's eyes. Finally, understanding hit him like a train. Hoya tried to look for something to say, but before he could, Woohyun stormed out of the room without another word.
 
 
---
 
 
Overanalyzing .
 
Liking the same person that your sibling likes even more.