Epilogue and Preview

Once Bitten, Twice Shy

 

"What do you mean, you're not applying to college??"
 
It was a lazy afternoon, and Hoya was annoying Yoona again. He lay his head in her lap as she sat on the floor, looking at different university pamphlets.
 
Hoya rolled his eyes. "Yoona, I told you this already. I want to be a dancer."
 
"But can't you apply to a performing arts school? Be a dance major?"
 
"No," he said looking away. "All the good ones aren't near the universities you're applying to."
 
Yoona frowned at him, but he stared up at her. "Let's talk about something else."
 
She tried to retort, but he reached up and tickled her in the ribs, and she lost her train of thought while she defended herself, laughing and trying to take hold of his hands to make him stop.
 
When they settled down, he looked away again and spoke casually. "Woohyun says hello."
 
Yoona's eyes narrowed. "Woohyun?... I haven't seen him since...What is he doing?" She tried not to look too interested as Hoya scanned her face.
 
"Yeah... he decided to take the semester off. Going to 'find himself'," Hoya said, motioning in the air. Then, he reached into his pocket. "Actually, he wanted me to give this to you."
 
He retrieved a folded up envelope. Yoona eyed it, and then opened it up while Hoya looked up at her, curiously.
 
~Yoona,
 
By the time Hoya gives this to you, I'll be long gone. I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry. It was MY fault that I left you and assumed that you wouldn't have picked me.
 
I'm going to go find myself. Hopefully, I'll learn to be less of a cowardly boy, and more of a man. Then, when the right girl comes along again, I won't let her slip out of my hands.
 
Please be good to Hoya.
 
--Woohyun
 
Yoona read it twice, and then smiled with relief.
 
"Yah. Does getting a letter from him really make you that excited?" Hoya said, frowning at her.
 
"Aniyo. I'm just... happy for him." Hoya didn't look like he bought it.
 
"Chincha, I'll write you a thousand letters if it'll make you smile like that."
 
She smiled, and then leaned forward, planting a soft kiss on his lips. "No, just stay by my side."
 
He grinned. "Arasso."
 
 
---
 
Want to see more Woohyun? Here's a snippet from Chapter 2 of my next fanfic "The 10-Step Guide to Falling in Love", featuring Woohyun and Myungsoo.
 
Enjoy!
 
---
 
 
Eunji tried to change the subject. "Um...Who have you met so far?"
 
He thought. "Uh, Sunggyu, and... Myungsoo?"
 
At his name, her eyes bugged out. Immediately, she tried to regain her neutral expression, but it was too late. Woohyun had already seen her excitement.
 
"Myungsoo? Do you know him? Or rather..." He smiled devilishly. "Do you like him?"
 
Right away, she was defensive. "YAH! Woohyun!"
 
But he started teasing her. "Ayee chincha... looks like my childhood friend is finally growing up! But he's quite manly. Very good-looking." He smirked. "I'd date him."
 
"Yah! Don't you dare say anything to him!"
 
But he waved that off. "Not a chance. But, have you told him?"
 
She began blushing hard, and looked away instead of answering.
 
Woohyun searched her eyes. "Have you talked to him at all?"
 
She kept looking away.
 
"Ayee chincha... Seriously, Eunji! How else is he supposed to know who you are if you don't talk to him?"
 
She wheeled at him. "Woohyun! Look at me! I'm a nerd! People like me don't belong with people like him!" Sadly, she stared off. "He deserves someone who's cute, and sweet, and playful, and everything else that is not me."
 
Woohyun watched her as she sighed heavily, and for some reason, he was overcome with pity for his old friend. "Yah, Eunji." But she didn't look at him, still deep in sorrowful thought.
 
"Eunji." He reached across the table and firmly took her chin, forcing her to meet his eye. "Listen, you could be all of those things! You just need a little guidance."
 
She rolled his eyes at him and jerked away from his hand. "Yeah, right."
 
But suddenly, Woohyun wasn't listening. He was staring widely into space, thinking. And then, an idea struck, and he snapped his fingers. A mischievous smile crawled onto his face.
 
"I've got it! Eunji, I've got just the thing for you! I like to call it 'Woohyun's 10-Step Guide to Falling in Love'."
 
"Mwo?? What the heck is that?"
 
He pursed his lips in excitement, and then theatrically placed a hand over his heart. "I, Woohyun, swear to help you win over Myungsoo. As long as you, Eunji, follow everything I tell you to do."
 
She eyed him suspiciously. "No. This is fishy. What if you make me look like a fool?"
 
He rolled his eyes. "Eunji. You said it yourself. Look at you! How could something like this possibly ruin your reputation any more??"
 
She scoffed and made to hit him, but paused. He kind of did have a point.
 
He smiled widely when he read her face and knew she would concede. "Ayee...this will be fun! But listen. You need to do everything I say. Okay?" He suddenly grew serious, and reached his pinky across the table. "Promise?"
 
She frowned at him, but then slowly wrapped her pinky around his. "Arasso."