Memories

Don't Forget Me

A/N: Surpriiiiise! You haven't expected update so soon, have you?

And just one sentence - if a miracle happened and somebody of you would speak czech, write me, I can send you the original where are many many chapters :D

 

 

Yesung sighs, looking at his reflection in the mirror. He shouldn’t reminisce. It hurts. It hurts despite the time which passed. And when he told Wookie about it... Everything came back. He sees it in his mind again as it would happen just yesterday. That day. That winter day.

 

His every step must be careful because of that damned slippery pavement. Why hasn’t he bought his own car? He has o lot of money. It’s a good idea. He will do it. Christmas is coming soon, so he can give himself some nice present, can’t he? He squeaks when his foot slips off the frozen pavement. He is just waiting for painful landing but instead hard ground he falls into somebody’s arms.

“You’re so glad to see me, Sung?” Siwon laughs, helping his friend to stand up.

“Of course I am. Thanks,” he smiles, and he heads to the courthouse again, side by side with Siwon.

“Are you nervous?” Yesung asks when he notices Siwon is not so talkative today.

“Yeah,” he nods, trying to smile but he can’t.

“Stay calm. I was nervous too when I had my first big case. But don’t be afraid, you can do it,” he smiles encouragingly, lying his hand on Siwon’s shoulder.

“Thanks.”

After other few minutes they stop in front of the courthouse. Siwon takes a deep breath, looking terrified at the building which is suddenly scarier than usually.

“Big boys aren’t afraid of anything, are they?” Yesung says with reproachful tone which he uses when his little brother, Jinyoung, refuses to sleep alone in his room. He has to smile when he think about that naughty monkey. He will have Christmas performance at school today. He is really looking forward to it. He just hopes not to come late.

Siwon spears him with his look as he would like to kill him just with his eyes.

“It’s not very nice of you. Stop teasing me,” he pouts, poking Yesung in the shoulder.

“Well, I’m sorry but you really look like a scared chicken. And it’s quite funny when you’re such a mound of muscles,” he chuckles. “And now, come on, Rambo, or you will miss your first case,” he pushes him to entrance.

“I have a lot of time!” Siwon replies. “What about coffee or something like this?”

“No, no, no. Be a good boy, go inside and prepare for your case,” Yesung says uncompromisingly.

He is not going to negotiate. He remembers his own first big case. He was so nervous that he almost ran away. If his mother didn’t push him up to the door to the courtroom, he would be locked in the bathroom until today.

+++

“So, are you ready?” he asks an hour later, coming to Siwon’s office.

Siwon sits on his leather armchair and he looks as he is going to faint.

“No, I’m not,” he just replies, crouching.

“Oh, shut up and come on,” Yesung laughs, grabbing Siwon’s elbow and making him stand up.

“Do I have to go there?” he asks like a six-year boy who is afraid of the first day at school.

“Of course you do! And go on, chicken. It’s time.”

While they are going down the hall to courtroom, Yesung’s mobile phone rings. He has to smile when he sees the name on display.

“Hi, mum,” he greets happily.

“Hello, sweetheart,” he can hear soft voice from the other side.

“Did anything happen?” he asks. It’s not very usual that his mother calls him when he is at work.

“I’m sorry to disturb you but Jinyoung scuttles around me all day that I have to remind you his today’s performance.”

Jinyoung’s squeaky voice in background makes Yesung laugh.

“You don’t disturb me, I have nothing to do anyway. Can I talk to him?”

“Sure.”

It takes less than a second.

“Yeshung!” childish voice yells into the phone.

“Why are you teasing mum, you naughty puppy?” he asks reproachfully.

“I don’t teash her!” Jinyoung lisps and smacks. Yesung can perfectly imagine his little brother frowning.

“Of course you don’t, you are our little angel,” Yesung laughs.

“Will you come?” Jinyoung asks imploringly. Yesung just smile.

“How could I miss my little brother’s performance? I’ll be there. Now, give the phone to mum again, okay? And go to tidy up your room, I’m sure there’s a mess again.”

“That’s not true!”

“Come on.”

He can hear just fizzing for a while. Then, there is his mother again.

“But drive carefully. It’s one big slide outside. I’m going to Siwon’s first case now and I don’t know how long it will last, so we will meet up to the school.”

“Okay, and don’t be afraid. You know our dad always drive carefully, especially in the winter. Say hello to Siwon. And sometimes he should come to dinner again,” she laughs.

“I’ll tell him. Bye.”

“Bye, honey.”

Yesung turn off his phone (he doesn’t want to risk another call during the trial), looking at Siwon.

“My mum wants you at home,” he laughs.

“What?!” he squeaks for effect. In fact, he really loves Yesung’s mother, she is so kind.

“Are you scared of fattening?” Yesung grins.

“A bit,” they both laugh – they both know Yesung’s mother’s nature.

“So, good luck,” Yesung says when they stop in front of the door. Siwon shivers, swallowing hardly.

“What if I fail?”

“I’ll kill you,” Yesung assures him, pushing him to the door before Siwon can run away.

+++

The trial lasts long hours. It’s getting dark outside. Yesung bites his lip nervously. If it doesn’t end early, he won’t be there in time. And he really doesn’t know what his mother would do to him. She would skin him. He shivers when he just imagines her murderous look. And Jinyoung would be so disappointed...

He is tapping with his foot, spearing the judge with his eyes as it would be his fault.

Finally, everybody stands up and they declare the final verdict.

Kim Heechul is found not guilty.

Yesung has a sigh of relief. Siwon wins. And it’s finally over.

“Congratulation, Siwon. I told you it will be okay,” he smiles, shaking his hand.

“Thanks. I can’t describe how excited I am,” Siwon answer with sparkles in his eyes.

“I would like to celebrate it with you but I really have to go,” he says apologetically.

“I know it - your brother’s performance. Hurry up. We will celebrate next time. Or I can come to that dinner...” Siwon laughs.

“Of course.”

“Uh, excuse me...” black-haired young man appears next to Siwon.

“So I go, bye,” Yesung says, almost running away.

Siwon smiles, turning to the man. “What’s up, Heechul?”

“I... I... Could... Could I invite you for a drink, please? I would like to thank you.”

Yesung doesn’t hear anything more. He runs down the hall to his office. He takes his coat there. It takes less than a few minutes and he leaves the courthouse. He turns on his mobile phone – he wants to call his mother to say he’s already coming. But at that moment his phone shows him a few missed calls. He can’t even look who has called him because suddenly his phone rings again. Unknown number. He receives the call, introducing himself. And in a few seconds, everything turns into a terrible nightmare. Mobile phone slips out of his hand and shatters on the pavement. Those words sound in his mind again and again.

“...I am so sorry but your family had a car accident. Their car skidded, colliding with a truck. Nobody survived.”

 

It was difficult to believe. He was talking with both of them that morning. With his mum and his little brother. And then... A few hours later... There was nothing. He lost them all.

His eyes burns and when he looks at the mirror again, he can see tears streaming down his face. He wipes them immediately, washing his face with cold water. He can’t cry. He must be strong. Because now, there is somebody who needs him. He must smile because of him. Wookie...

He leaves bathroom, heading to the kitchen. He has to make breakfast.

When Wookie comes there, everything is prepared – bowl with cereals is lying on the table and Yesung fries first pancakes. Yesung smiles when he looks at Wookie. He reminds him Jinyoung so much, even if he is older than his younger brother. He feels the same desire to protect him. He will not let anyone hurt him. Wookie’s eyes find his look and the boy smiles. And at the moment, Yesung really doesn’t know why his heart is beating so fast.