Stormy night

Don't Forget Me

In the next few days, Ryeowook meets Yesung just a few times. The older man regularly comes back from his work at night and he just is not able to stay awake until he returns... And even if he is, there is no point. Yesung does not almost notice him, he does not give him any gentle smile, he does not his hair, and he does not place a kiss on his forehead as he used to do. And Wookie still does not understand – what’s wrong? Why does he run away from him? A few days ago he was able to do anything for being with him. But now? He does not almost see him. So Ryeowook starts to feel unwanted. He feels lost and lonely again without anyone who hugs him and gives him a sense of security. No one tells him everything is alright. He misses Sung so much, he misses his smile, his voice whispering comforting words...

He leans his head against a window, looking at the dark sky. He does not see almost anything due to heave rain and mist. He shivers when he imagines the frost outside. He sighs; his fingers follow traces of raindrops on the glass. The autumn always looked so beautiful and colorful on TV. Red, yellow, purple... There were so many colors, one replacing another. In reality, it is different. Real life is not fairytale. He found it out earlier than every other child. However, last few months actually looked like some movie. When Yesung found him and took care of him... Everything was so easy and blithe. He really hoped for a happy ending.

Somewhere far away a thunder raises its voice, making Wookie jerk. He knows it is far from him but still it is scary. Storm. He does not want it to draw near. He does not want it at all. He is scared. The house is so empty and creepy; thunders are louder due to deep silence of his room. Ryeowook shivers. At the moment he feels lonelier than ever. And he feels so vulnerable... He hugs his knees, covering himself with a blanket and pressing his blue teddy bear which is right know his only comfort. He hides his face in its wet fur, humming his lullaby, trying not to sense the storm which is approaching him. Sungie...

+++

The man looks up from documents on his desk when he hears mighty thunder. He looks out of a window. He has already noticed rain raging outside but the storm did not appear until now. He frowns, his mind fills up with bothersome feeling and he almost cannot breathe. Just the idea of Wookie being at home alone right now makes him want to stand up and run home, hug his shivering body and wipe his tears. He knows Wookie is crying, he knows his little boy is scared and he knows he should be with him. He knows it. But... He cannot. At home they pass each other like strangers. He can feel some barriers between them which does not allow him to draw near. He is so afraid to approach him because he knows he would not be able to control himself... He would not be able to control his desire to hug him, press him, kiss his hair... He cannot do it. He would hurt him and that is the only thing he does not want. He must not hurt him anymore. Even if he could never touch him again.

“Yesung?”

Yesung turns to a door where Siwon is standing with two cups of hot coffee. He enters without a word, putting one of the cups in front of his colleague. Yesung just gives him one grateful look, taking a sip. This is what he needs.

“Are you alright?” Siwon asks quietly. Yesung seems to be more desperate than other days. He knows he is still staying away from Wookie and he does not  understand it. He does not grasp why Yesung acts like this. Just one look is enough to know he is suffering. And he does not even want to know how the boy is feeling. He saw him just a few times but he already knows how much he needs the older man. Why does not Yesung see it?

“I’m okay,” Yesung answers, his eyes are still fixed to the window, praying silently for the end of storm. He cannot stand the thought of Wookie being alone...

“You should go home, Yesung,” Siwon says quietly, looking out of the window as well. He just hopes the weather will calm down before he will have to go home – he really does not want to get wet.

“No, I have to finish it. I don’t want to take it home with me,” Yesung refuses even though he wants to do the very opposite.

“You shouldn’t work so much. Lately, you work continuously. And what about Wookie? He’s constantly alone. Do you really think that’s okay too? He needs you. Especially now.”

Siwon pierces him with his eyes but Yesung just looks at the documents he is holding in his hand.

“It’s difficult, Siwon.”

“What can be difficult about it?” he gives him a desperate look. However, Yesung just sighs without a word. He is not able to explain it – the feeling in his heart. The hopelessness, anxiety, fear of touching Wookie and hurting him more than he has already done. He cannot... He just cannot.

+++

He presses his palms to his ears, begging quietly for the hell to disappear. He tries not to perceive it, he really tries... But there is no point. His eyes burns, he trembles with fear and his tears soaks into a pillow. Despite all his pleas the storm is still raging and he feels as lightning struck right in front of his window and tried to break into the house through thin walls. Raindrops have already changed into hailstones and now they drum against a windowsill, strong wind bends the trees and quietly whines.

“Please... Please, stop,” Wookie sobs, the fear grips his throat and he feels as he suffocated. The pressure on his chest is unbearable. He feels sick, his whole world is in flames and his body uncontrollably shakes. He gasps but it is useless, he cannot breathe, the sharp pain pierces his heart. He sobs over and over, terrible headache does not allow him think clearly, he cannot move...

Little child, be not afraid
The rain pounds harsh against the glass
Like an unwanted stranger
There is no danger
I am here tonight

His lullaby.

Yesung’s quiet voice sounds in his mind and it his painful thoughts. He can hear him as clearly as he really whispered the lyrics to his ear. He can feel arms hugging his waist, pressing him in warm embrace, somebody his back... So gentle... Is it just a dream? Or is Yesung really with him? Lyrics of his lullaby slowly drown out sounds of storm; they are so quiet but Wookie still does not hear thunders anymore.

He does not know if it is just a figment of his imagination or if it is real but it is enough to calm his breath down. The pain is slowly fading; he does not feel it anymore. He does not feel anything. There are no raindrops, no lightning, no wind... There is nothing but Yesung’s embrace which he is feeling, his lips kissing his forehead and singing his comforting lullaby.

+++

Yesung finally put documents away and throw them to a drawer. It is time to go home. He looks out of the window, the storm has already stopped. He just hopes Wookie is alright. He could not stop thinking of him all the time. That’s why it lasted so long before he finished his work. He just takes keys from his desk, locks his office and leaves empty building.

 

 

A/N: Is there some point in saying sorry again? I know it takes long for me to update but I am really busy, I am preparing for my graduation and it is just terrible. Anyway, I hope you liked the chapter. The song is Lullaby for a stormy night by Vienna Teng ^^