In front of the door

Don't Forget Me

He puts papers to a drawer. He’s won another case. He has to congratulate himself because it was really difficult. But he’s done it. As ever.

He takes his coat, adding papers to his briefcase for another case. And he finally leaves his office. Today was a long day.

“Congratulation, Yesung,” Siwon smiles.

“Thanks,” Yesung nods, smiling too.

Siwon is his colleague and his best friend. And he has always been important adviser to him. Yesung is sure he wouldn’t win so many cases if Siwon didn’t help him. But today he’s too tired to chat. He just wants to say goodbye, refusing his invitation for a drink.

“I’m really tired, that process was longer than I expected. Moreover, don’t you have a date with your... your... Damn, what is his name? Heechul?” he asks.

When Siwon told him he has a boyfriend, he was quite surprised. He couldn’t expect that Siwon would be...different. Never mind, he’s still his best friend. Why should he care about the one Siwon loves? It’s not his business.

“I thought I would finally introduce him to you,” Siwon tries to persuade him. “Please.”

Yesung just sighs. He’s lawyer. So how can he convince him so easily?

“Alright. But I won’t stay long, I’m really tired,” he resigns.

Siwon smiles triumphantly. “Just a minute, I’ll take my papers,” he says, running to his office.

Yesung leans against the wall, closing his eyes. He thinks about his next case. A little girl who is – according to her elder sister – tortured. He saw photos of that miserable child and he’s sure that’s not just a fabrication. He’s decided to win this case too. By hook or by crook.

“Shall we go?” Siwon interrupts his thoughts.

“Uhn, yes,” he nods.

They leave the building and in front of it Yesung can see young blond man. At the moment blonde beholds them, he runs to them.

“Wonnie!” he yells out, jumping into Siwon’s arms. Yesung immediately realizes this is that famous Heechul. He looks like a real madcap. Siwon’s description was perfectly accurate.

“Um, Heechul, I would like to introduce you to my best friend. This is Yesung,” Siwon shares.

Heechul stops to press him in his arms, looking at another man.

“Nice to meet you,” he smiles, shaking his hand.

“You too,” Yesung nods.

“So where will we go?” Heechul asks brightly.

“I suggest a dinner, what do you think?” Siwon answers.

“Why not?” Yesung agrees, realizing how much hungry he is.

Siwon hugs Heechul around his waist. Blonde presses to him, giving a purr. Yesung doubts for a while. Was that a good idea to go with them?

 

Soon he knows that was the best thing he could do. He really needed a break. And there’s nothing better than his best friend and his boyfriend. Especially Heechul’s excessively erse remarks make him laugh. Just because of Siwon – Yesung has never seen him blush so much. Priceless view.

“When you find a boyfriend, we can do a double date, what do you think?”

Yesung almost spits out wine which he was drinking and he starts to suffocate, that Siwon has to hit him to his back.

“Are you alright?” he asks.

“Eh... Yes, I am, thanks,” he answers, deeply breathing. He looks at Heechul, who can’t stop laughing. He stares at him for another few seconds and after that he has to join him.

+++

“I hope to see you soon, Heechul. It was nice evening.”

“I hope so,” Heechul smiles, grabbing Yesung and kissing him on the cheek.

Yesung opens his eyes wide, trying not to look surprised. He hasn’t got used to his crazy nature yet.

“Don’t frighten my friend, darling,” Siwon smiles, hugging Heechul.

“I am not frightening!” Heechul says indignantly.

Yesung has to smile. “So... See you on Monday, Siwon.”

Siwon nods and he smiles too. “Good night.”

“Bye.”

+++

Yesung walks home slowly. He decided not to chance his luck, leaving his car in front of the courthouse. He’s not drunk, but he doesn’t want to risk some accident. He trusts his driving and he knows he’s really careful. But who knows... There could be some insane person who would fall under his wheels and even if it wasn’t his blame, alcohol in his blood wouldn’t help him. And his house is just twenty minutes walk away.

He yawns loudly. A look at his watch surprises him. He didn’t expect to be out so long. It’s nearly eleven o’clock. Fortunately he hasn’t to go to work tomorrow. He has five days left to another hearing. And he has nothing to do but a meeting with his client. He has some files too, but he can read them through at home.

He shivers, nights are quite cold even it’s just July.

 

He comes to his house, feeling chilly. He almost runs to his door, shivering, when he suddenly pulls up. He looks in surprise at the body lying in front of his door. At first he’s sure he’s looking at some drunk. But he banishes this idea, because he doesn’t smell any alcohol.

“Hey, are you okay?” he tries.

But there’s no answer. He crosses the motionless body, turning on the light. Face of the person si turned to the ground, so he has to bend down and turn person’s face to him.

“Oh my goodness,” he whispers.

He is sincerely scared. He looks at a boy – probably just a child. He can see his dark blue skin full of bruises, his torn lip and eyebrow. His hair is matted with a dark liquid. Yesung immediately identifies a blood, feeling dizzy.

“God, what happened to him?” he asks himself.

Someone must beat him up. Properly. He looks like after a collision with a truck.

He doesn’t think long, unlocking door and grabbing the boy in his arms. He notices his face contorting in pain. He is probably more injured than Yesung thought. And he doesn’t understand why the boy is so light, as he wouldn’t weight anything. 

Yesung finds the reason in the bathroom, when he undresses boy’s shirt. A look at the underfed body frightens him. He is nothing but skin and bones! Moreover he has bruises and welts all over his fragile body. Some of them are probably quite old. Even he can see some scars. Burn marks. Traces of cuts. No, nobody beat him up. Somebody beat him regularly. Who could do it...?

He takes a first aid kit, sitting down across from the boy. He cleans the wounds with a disinfectant, washes the blood from his hair and patches injured forehead with a sticking plaster. He palpates his chest, but he’s sure there’s nothing broken. He undresses whole his body, throwing his clothing to the clothes basket. After that he picks him up carefully and he carries him to a guest-room which is right next to his bedroom.

 

He puts him to the bed, covering him with a blanket. The boy burrows in it immediately and his face finally gets loose a bit. Yesung leaves the room quietly, walking down to the spacious kitchen. Even if he lives alone, his house is very well furnished.

While water boils, he takes butter and vegetables from a fridge. He makes some sandwiches, pouring on a tea and moving to his living room.

 

He tries to perceive a movie but his eyes are closing. He’s really tired so he wants to go to bed, turning off TV. But when he is passing guest-room, he can hear sobs. He opens the door, turning on the light.

The boy lying on a bed is screaming in his sleep, trying to hide in his blanket, crying. Yesung stares at him. He must have a terrible nightmare.

“No! No!” the boy yells in fear but he doesn’t wake up. Tears are streaming down his cheeks with a painful grimace on his face.

Yesung runs to his bed, sitting down and grabbing boy’s shoulders to prevent him from hurting himself.

“Shh, calm down,” he tells him in a soothing voice. Even if the boy sleeps, he knows he can hear him.

“No! NO!!” the boy rages increasingly.

“Nobody’s gonna hurt you,” he whispers, keeping him on the bed. He repeats same words again and again, until the boy starts to calm down. It lasts nearly half-hour.

Yesung breathes out, giving his hands off. He covers him again with his blanket which fell on the floor, drying his tears. Yesung get scared when he finds out the boy has a high fever. He swears silently, running for a thermometer.

 

“38,5.” He reads number out. “It seems I’m not gonna sleep tonight.”

For a while he just looks at the bed, planning. After that he starts. He has to prepare a cold compress and find out how to force the boy to swallow a pill.

It’s a bit difficult but after a few minutes he manages to wake him, pushing a pill to his mouth and giving him a glass of water. The boy is too numb due to fever to be able to perceive what happens. And at the moment when Yesung put his head back on the pillow he falls asleep again.

Yesung looks at him for a last time. He wants to be sure that the boy breathes calmly. After that he heads to his room.

He falls to his bed, closing his eyes. He is tired to death but he knows he won’t be able to fall asleep. Occasional sobs coming from the side room make him stay awake. He just expects another fit of hysterics, hoping it won’t come. He must be prepared to help him. He sighs. Today was a difficult day – his case, dinner with Siwon and in the end the boy. Yesung thinks about him. He had to go trough terrible things. And Yesung doesn’t want to know how much terrible...

 

A/N: I am so sorry for my english (aww I wanna be a native speaker "-_-). Despite my english I hope you like the introductory chapter. And please write me wich mistakes you found to improve it in another chapter. Bye :-*