The Way She Is

R.A. (Robot Apocalypse) *Hiatus

My breath caught up to me by the time I reached the house. Faces that were familiar were so close to me. They didn’t notice my presence behind the army of robots, but I noticed how different they looked from her memories. They were all skinnier and paler from malnutrition and exhaustion. The fight hadn’t even begun, but they were breathing oddly. Some were gone, I suppose off somewhere exercising or something. She spoke: Stay back…let the robots take care of this. When they’re gone, you can step in.

I obeyed her. And believed her. The robots-no matter how large the number-would be nothing compared to these humans. The calm voice of Himchan called out: “What do you want?”

Jinx responded with her raspy voice, “Spike wants you to finally kneel for him. Then we can start our world with no distractions or worries.”

“Then fight against us. We don’t go down very easily.”

Oh…I missed Zelo. The Maknae… I nodded and stepped back behind an empty house. Don’t give yourself away right away. Just give me the body to fight against them. Please. I know not to hurt them.

“Fine. You better give it back.”

You’re mostly in control still. You can take it whenever. I’ll just get back when I figure out how to un-chip myself. I closed my eyes and gave up… Just for a moment. I could feel the control loosening.

My eyes opened again and I looked at myself. It’s really me. I almost cried, but composed myself again before doing it, “Oh…I’m so happy.” I jumped at the noise. The world was so damn loud outside a mind… I peered around the corner and watched my friends kick . Oh man. They haven’t lost their touch. A group came in from the right and my heart stopped. I covered my mouth. Jiyong’s hair was blonde now. Like everyone else, he was thinner and paler than I remembered.

He fought them like they were flies, his skills with the gun only improved in the time I was gone. “He got better looking too…” I breathed, finding myself fanning my face. I stopped my actions and watched. Wow, their moves got faster and cleaner. With one last stab, I saw, the last robot fell. “Holy . I’m rusty.” I hissed and drew my weapons. I checked in the window and saw that my eyes were still electric blue. “This…” What could I say about this moment?

I stepped out into the open and Bom hit Jiyong’s cheek, “Noona!-“ She turned him around and he widened his eyes, dropping his weapons, “Chae…”

“Oppa.” I spoke.

He took a step forward, but TOP stopped him, “No. She works for Spike now. This is a trap.”

But Jiyong was just as weak as I was. His legs gave out on him and he crumpled while staring at me, “She’s still so beautiful…”

“Oppa…Jingyo-oppa…” I stepped forward and felt my muscles burning. I groaned and dropped on my side, “What the Hell are you doing?!”

Her voice was loud, almost as if my body was a speaker because everyone heard it, “Give me the body back! Spike wants them! All you want is your precious heart to be saved!” It was like the first time of transition, a spark flew down my back a few times before my body went weak. I felt arms around me and Jiyong shook me.

“Chae! Guys help me! Chae!”

Pain engulfed me and I touched his cheek with a weak finger, “I missed you…”

He cried seeing me in pain and held me against his chest as others gathered around me, “Chip! We have to cut her nape.”

“No time-AHH!” I screeched, “I missed you all…I’m sorry.” My body shook violently and everything went black.

 

I let her go and stepped back, pushing the others behind me. Despite my yearning to hold her, the robot inside was still in control and it was dangerous. “Ji…” Seungri whispered. His cousin’s body lay still, and then it snapped open her eyes. I groaned to myself and stepped back again.

She got up fast and spoke with an edge that was predatory, “I’m still Spike’s right hand.”

“How dare you say that with her voice?!” Dara spat, drawing her gun and firing. I pushed the people behind me to the sides and got down, the electronic bullet whizzing over my nose. I took a deep breath and Taeyang pulled Dara back from hurting herself. “Let me go! How dare she use her body?! Her voice! It’s hers!” She growled, “I’m so disgusted!”

Daehyun nodded, “I agree. Can’t we take her on? All of us?”

“No one hurts the body.” I snapped, eyeing her, “When we kill her, we kill CL.”

“I can hear you.” She rolled her eyes, twirling her gun and knife, “You wouldn’t want to hurt me though. When I go, your friend goes.”

My jaw clenched and I darted my eyes to Youngjae and Minzy-the ones at her side. They looked at each other and then me, looking for approval. I growled lowly and looked around. They were tense about making a move. I was too, but I blinked: Once for yes, twice for no. Minzy quickly shoved the gun out of her hands and grabbed her right arm, Youngjae taking her left. CL-or the occupier…-growled and did a backflip, loosening their grips and elbowing them in the stomachs.

The Park sisters were next, anger obviously coursing through their veins. CL was confined by them, forced to get on her knees after Bom kicked her right leg. I took my watch and set it on Taser, “Sorry Chae.” I whispered and struck her with it. The blue electronic eyes rolled to the back of her head and she went limp, falling in my arms. Struggling slightly, I picked her up and sighed, “Seungri, Himchan. Restrain her. Make sure that when she comes to, she won’t be able to escape.”

“On it.” Seungri took her from me and they headed back into the house

I scratched my hair, “How is…packing? Are we ready to move yet?”

Yongguk came up beside me, “By the looks of it, if we work all night, we’ll be able to finish next morning.”

“Good.” I nodded, “Let’s hurry. If she really is Spike’s right hand, then he’ll want her back. We have to keep moving.”

“We should just cut out the microchip!” TOP insisted.

Bom smacked his chest, “Do you know anything?”

“Nothing except that I love you.”

She hit him again, “The microchip is practically attached to her body. That’s what the transition is for. If we try to rip it out, we could seriously damage her brain.”

“So then…CL has been stuck in there for six months wondering how to do it herself?” Taeyang sat down on the dry ground, not minding the dust that flew up, “Can she do that?”

“We should try to talk to her to see what she’s come up with.” Jongup mumbled.

“It’s a good idea,” I said, starting to pace, “but then that…thing would know everything she says, and it’s disadvantageous.”

“It’s better than nothing!” Dara said, “What should we do? I miss her…”

“We all miss her.” TOP looked at me, “We all…miss her.”

There was silence until Zelo broke out into a smile, “I missed Noona’s voice.” I ruffled his hair and he chuckled, “For that moment she came back to us…I could feel her aura. And I missed it.” He threw a rock across the neighborhood and sighed, “She promised me that we’d be ok. All of us… Should I be disappointed that she lied?”

“She didn’t lie.” I mumbled and squeezed his broad shoulder, “Just wait. She’ll prove it to you.”

“Do you believe that?” Daesung asked, “That she’ll come back to us?”

I removed my hand from Zelo and crossed my arms. Did I believe that? I missed her so bad, and everyone was already feeling tense about her presence-sort of. I wonder if she was struggling in there. Her own mind, she must be frustrated as Hell. “I do believe that she’ll come back to us.” I said that and they stared at me. Though their eyes were hopeful, there was a little doubt. And I didn’t blame them, “I’ll make sure she comes back to us.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Thank you for waiting patiently~I appreciate it guys. Especially since I haven't been the most faithful author when it comes to updates... So, this story is gonna take some turns. In my stories-I like to come up with gigantic plot twists... Kekeke~! I don't know what I wanna do with this story, or even if I wanna make a plot twist to this thing. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. And look forward to a new story that may or may not be coming soon! Love you all. (.^_^.)

-TAIwin <3