Getting Inside

R.A. (Robot Apocalypse) *Hiatus

Ok so...for the next few chapters, it might be a bit sad #spoiler. Don't hate. Thanks for staying faithful everyone (.^_^.) Love ya~

-TAIwin <3

 

---

 

 

 

 

I woke up in Jiyong’s arms, but he was sitting up. Noises surrounded us, so much noise. I cringed and pressed my nose into his shirt. “Chae? Are you up?” He asked.

“Mm.” My voice barely came up as a whisper, “What time is it?”

He pulled me close, “Around seven AM. We have to get going. Call the E.M.Fs please.” I looked up at him and wrinkled my brows.

“W-What’s going on?” I asked. I stood up from his lap and stretched, looking around. I saw everyone bolting down the entrances and I quickly brought out my watch, turning on the E.M.Fs. They rumbled loudly, bringing whatever was outside to slam on the doors harder. “Hurry up! Get on now!” They let go of the doors and jumped on their E.M.Fs, I yanked Jiyong towards ours and pulled out my gun. The doors busted and a swarm of robot/humans came in. We were in the sky already, but I didn’t feel any less creeped.

Jiyong revved the engine and looked at me, “You ok?”

“Yeah. Just hurry up to Seoul. Let’s get this over with.” I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my chin on his shoulder, breathing slowly, “I’m gonna take a quick nap.”

“If you say so.” He mumbled, “I’ll tell you when we land.”

I tried to fall asleep, but my body wouldn’t let me. Time just seemed to be against me now. I pressed my cheek to Jiyong’s back and heard someone pull beside us, “Hyung!” Jongup, “Is CL-noona asleep?”

Jiyong sighed, “I hope so. I don’t think she got a lot of sleep last night.”

“If she’s so tired, we shouldn’t let her in Spike’s lair. Why doesn’t someone else go in there like you or Seungri-hyung?” I had an urge to yell out, but I was too tired.

“CL would never let me do that.” Jiyong said, “I trust she’ll be fine. CL is tough and experienced.” He reassured and reached behind him to pat my head.

Zelo, who I think shared an E.M.F with Jongup called out, “But one person can do so much. Shouldn’t we take precautions for her?”

“No. If there’s one thing CL hates-it’s being treated as a ‘handicapped’.” Jiyong almost sounded scared. I had to smile a little bit but words weren’t traded back anymore. I know that these people didn’t want me in there alone. But I had to. I knew Spike’s lair better than anyone. It was Dad’s office. He’d let me wander and watch when I was a kid and tell me how things worked. The security systems and different floors were my specialty in that building.

“Is that it? I can’t tell anymore…” Jiyong shouted across the space, my eyes opening. I got no sleep of course, but I don’t think I’m gonna need it. TOP nodded and gestured to land. So we did, and I cautiously got off. The field was wide and full of robots standing guard. If one of them even thinks they see a human being, they’d send instant messages to everything with those stupid microchips in their heads. I rubbed my eyes and looked to Zelo.

I hit his arm, “See that big gray panel?” He nodded and his eyes sparkled. I smiled and whispered, “Go press the biggest blue button you see.”

He smiled like the Maknae he is and ran quickly towards it. Jiyong nudged me, “What’s that?”

I grinned, “The sprinkler system.” Water poured from their escape routes and drowned the robots down. They short-circuited and all froze, their eyes losing light. I looked at Zelo and gestured to press the button again. He obeyed and the sprinklers shut off. I looked up, no alarms were going off which was good. I hopped onto the sopping ground and groaned, “Gross. My shoes don’t deserve this.”

The others followed me and walked around, checking the robots carefully. “Don’t. If one of them wakes up and sees us, it’s the end for the human race.” Yongguk growled. He started to jog towards the edge of the field and gave us the signal for an all clear. We ran up and I made sure my weapons were intact. Daggers, Laser gun, my watch and my sane mind. I have all I need.

“I’m going in.” I said and stood from my crouch.

A hand grabbed mine and Jiyong held up a finger, looking at me, “Wait…”

“Jiyong. It’s clear.” Bom hissed, almost angry for me. Jiyong mocked her words and waved his other hand before looking at me again.

He smiled, sad, “Be careful Chae.”

“I will Oppa. Trust me.” I kissed his cheek and smiled at him before pulling away and looking at everyone. I raised my hand and sighed, “Do the same.” They held up their right hands and I said, “If I don’t return in half an hour…you all get out of here.” Jiyong was gonna protest so I continued, “Take the E.M.Fs and go to the States. They have the least robots there, you’ll be safer.”

“Chae, stop talking like that. We all know you’re going to come back. Safe and sound. Everything is gonna be fine.” Jiyong snapped, sounding so certain, I felt torn.

I sighed, “Does everyone understand me? Leaders?” Yongguk bowed and mumbled a ‘yes’. I stared at Jiyong and he only nodded, very hesitantly. Taking a look at my group, I walked down the hill. I looked back and the first thought that came to my mind wasn’t positive: After today, there could be fourteen humans left. I waved and ran off. It’s now or never.

The front door had an original robot called T, for the way he looks like when he’s attacking. I looked at my watch and flipped through the settings. Ooh. Long range Taser…would that work? Might as well give it a shot. I aimed the edge of my watch in a tiny slit above its chest plate and fired. The line went straight through to my relief and jolted so many volts of electricity into the robot that it released smoke and fell.

I gasped, “Cool!” I stood and ran forward, jumping over the scrap piece of metal and pressed in the code to the door. 0-2-2-6: Password accepted. “Yeah! es gonna get an whooping!” I smiled to myself and hurried in, almost squealing and jumped up the wall. Since when did Spike have other robots patrolling? Good thing this insulation tube was here.

I gulped and slowly climbed the tube up; cussing under my breath as the tube almost gave away. Pole, metal pole. I jumped and grabbed it, a small ring echoing. But no one heard. I climbed up and on the metal rail, running quickly and quietly to a new door. I peeked inside and ran options through my mind. Spike stays on the top floor-the tenth. Should I take the outside ways? My feet carried me to the edge of the building and I snapped open a window.

Hauling myself out, I closed the window again and climbed the wall. Pressure was engulfing my senses, the jutted out pieces of marble building were good foot and handholds but it was a damp morning. I can’t slip. As I climbed up, I felt my leg get cut. But I kept going on. I stopped and looked around. Spike smoothed out the edges. I still had five more floors to go. If I remember correctly, it’d be really hard to get to the top without being caught.

“Oh .” I whispered and weighed my options. Be as quiet as I can and take as much time as I need…or be stupid and be quick. I wanted to be quick-but the thought of living was more important. Silent ninja it is.

I kicked open a window gently and climbed through, shutting the door and jumping to the ground, hearing only the soft tap of my feet hitting the ground. I looked around. It’s silent, dead on this floor. It should be. The fifth floor held explosives and weaponry...Wait...

Light…bulb.