Damage

R.A. (Robot Apocalypse) *Hiatus

Hey guys~. New chappie is up, things are gonna get complicated from now on. So be prepared :p Plus, school is getting a little hard, so I might take some time off. If I do, though I'll say it in the Subscriber's Feed, so check if you see that I'm not making any updates. I love you all! Stay safe~! (.^_^.)

-TAIwin <3

 

---

 

 

 

I grabbed the crossbow that looked most destructive to me. I tied it to my belt with rope on the ground and ran around the floor. “Grenade…where?-THERE!” I grabbed one from the shelf and looked through them. I wanted to survive as well. But I needed a diversion to get to the tenth floor. People would call me crazy, but this is just how I think. I could almost hear Jiyong’s voice in the back of my head.

He would grab the grenade out of my hands and stare down into my eyes before saying: “You’re out of your mind, Chae.” I shivered at the thought and gulped. Jiyong has always been so protective of me. He was like Seungri. I blinked and stood steadily, gripping the weapon in my hands. is this place dark. I clicked my watch and quietly walked towards an exit door. I plucked the grenade and ran as fast as I could.

The steps flew past me until the building rumbled so powerfully, I fell. I squeezed my eyes until it stopped and got back up, running even faster. I heard a door open and the monotone voice of a robot, “. Spike is gonna kill someone.” , they’re gonna kill me. Where the is an emergency ladder?! The steps came close and fast. Fine… I’ll do it the hard way.

I sat at the foot of the steps and raised the crossbow, fitting an arrow into the slot. A robot came jogging into sight. I fired into its mechanical heart and quickly fired another. They fell. “Damn. That was easy.” I said and hurried up the final flight of steps. The tenth floor. I dropped the cross bow at my side and pulled up my laser gun. I could feel my heart in my chest; it was heavy like lead. I took a deep breath. Why was I hesitating?

Jiyong came into mind and I dare lower my gun to my leg. What the am I doing here?! I’m risking my life to help stop this because of my father, but I’m so confused already.

I’ve spent ten years running with fourteen other people by my side. I leaned on the wall and gulped. I’m not sure if I’m ready to let them go. The thought entered and left my mind in a second. All I want is for them to be alive. For them to live. I can do that. I broke down the door, ignoring a dull throbbing in my shoulder and fired all over the ing place. Most of my shots hit targets but others were dodged or deflected. My body went to battle attack mode and I was kicking and firing like there was no tomorrow.

. There could be no tomorrow for me. I was hopelessly outnumbered, outgunned, with no escape. All I needed was Spike. So…where was he? A sudden weight collapsed on me, expelling the air from my body. I cussed. I forgot, when I was a kid, there was this huge metal bar way up on the ceiling. I could climb indent steps up there and hang-but I thought they’d get rid of that. A knife pierced my shoulder and I screamed in agony.

Out of all robots, Appa gave Spike a voice. It was deep, husky-made for being the bad guy in a movie. Why Appa gave him the voice was out of the question, but it made my skin crawl every time he spoke.

He let out a hearty laugh and lifted me off the floor with him. His huge hand gripped my throat, light enough not to choke me but hard enough to make me struggle. His beady red eyes glowed in realization. He scanned me, “Oh my. It’s Lee Chaerin!” He cried out, almost as if he won a reward, “Now that’s what happened to the fifth floor.”

I scoffed, “You look like .” If he could frown, I bet he would be doing that right now. It was no lie. His bulky blue and red armored body was faded to shine under the lights; rust edged the lines of his joints and sparks flew out his back every ten seconds. He needed repairs.

“I can guarantee your life if you fix me back up.”

My eyes rolled, “I’m my father’s daughter. If you wanna look like Optimus Prime-you need a miracle worker.” I sneered and smirked. His grip tightened but I showed no amount of pain.

“If you’re here…your groups must not be far.” I widened my eyes but tried to look calm. Too late. He knew he hit a nerve and chuckled, “Again, their lives will be spared for now. On one condition.”

“Condition my .” I retorted and swung up my legs to wrap around his head and twist. I felt his neck crush a little under my attack and he ripped at me. He pushed me off and growled.

“If you want your precious humans to be safe, you will listen to me! You Lees are always so irrational. I should go and finish off your existence with that cousin of yours.”

I whipped around and wiped my lip, tasting blood, “You touch any of them and you’re dead!” I couldn’t try to shoot at him. He was deflective, and would just beam it back at me. His metal was as thick as an elephant’s skin, but his head was as fragile as a flower petal. If only I could rip it off. My legs did most of the work anyway.

Spike snorted, “I’d like to see you try, Lee…I should kill you myself like I did to all your other family members.” I clenched my fists, “But…” He tilted his head to the side, “your actions are impressive. Managing to invade my lair and causing an explosion. Not to mention taking out my entire field of scouts. Lee…I get impressed by your family every time I encounter you…” He walked slowly towards his large chair and sat, “I could use a soldier like you.”

I didn’t like the way he was speaking. I gulped, “There’s no way-“ I couldn’t finish. My body was slammed onto a cold metal table, my hands and legs strapped down. I struggled. I can’t believe I was so stupid, I walked right into that!

Spike spoke leisurely, “Knock her out for a bit, ok?” They covered my mouth with a mask and my vision went blank:

I’m sorry everyone…I’ve failed you.

 

There was something wrong. I could feel it. It’s just that gut feeling that you know you can’t turn your back from. TOP hit my arm, “Ji!” I raised a brow and crossed my arms, sighing. He blinked and closed his eyes, sighing heavily, “The half an hour is almost up.”

I grabbed his collar and glared at him, “Don’t even mention it.” I threatened and threw him back, “She’ll be back in a few minutes!” I snapped.

Yongguk nudged me, “CL specifically said to leave after half an hour. We should get ready to leave…”

The girls looked at each other and looked nervous. They stood. I shook my head, “No. I’m not leaving without CL!” I insisted, planting myself onto the ground. There was no way in Hell I was leaving without her. We all needed her, I need her. The ground started to shake and Bom grabbed my arm.

“Jiyong! We need to get out! Come on!” I viciously shook my head.

“NO! I’m not leaving without CHAE!” I screamed in her face, not caring about age or anything at all. Chaerin meant so much to me, she’s everything. The building behind us lit up in a screen and I turned around, shocked. CL sat in a metal chair, arms and legs chained so there was no escape for her. Her head was against the chair, blood dripping behind her. I almost jumped towards the image until I saw Spike appear beside her.

He huffed, “You’re all really pathetic. And stupid. Sending in a Lee only to be captured…” He gestured to her nape, “and chipped.” I could feel my mind burst in unison with my heart. The others yelled out in anger towards the screen, while my world came crashing down. I never told her how I felt, or even hinted about it. Now it was too late. I lost her. Spike called, “I’m finishing up the connections of the chip and her brain. You’ll be her test targets.” He slapped a button on his arm and her eyes opened, she sat up and ripped her restrictions off.

Her team grew teary eyed and backed off, “Jiyong!” Yongguk grabbed my arm and pulled me back. It didn’t matter. Right now, I would just be a push-over. He pushed me onto my E.M.F and growled, “Look…when CL gets here, you need to grab the watch she wears. It’s the only way we can get these things running.”

I looked at him, probably showing off the pain I felt, “You do it!”

“Look. You have to. Transition lasts a few hours. This means she’s still on the brink of going into Spike’s full control. You’re the one she’s closest with. And Seungri…Seungri needs to stay away from her.” Yongguk gripped my shoulder and sighed, “A leader’s pain is their strength.” I sighed and nodded standing and looking out for Chae. She ran out of the building, fast. Her eyes were nearly void and soulless. She pounced on me.

My body hit the ground as she stared at me and raised her fist. I blocked her punch and pulled up her other arm. I grabbed at her watch and she flipped, kicking me. Her eyes flashed their normal brown and she covered , “Oppa! I’m so sorry!” A blue electric shock ran down her back-I could ing see that! That’s absolute torture!

She screamed and her eyes went back to being lifeless. She tackled me again and we rolled against the ground. She kicked me in the chest and I groaned. I couldn’t find the courage to hit her back. . I pushed her down and looked down into her eyes, “Chae. Look at me. I know you’re in there!”

Her eyes went back to normal, “Oppa take it!” CL her wrist in my face, “Take it and leave!” She screamed again as a shock went down her back and I ripped off the watch. I took a final look at her and felt myself on the brink of tears. She also let tears fall, from the pain or from her outcome, I didn’t care. But she whispered, “I’m sorry.”

“No Chae…I’m sorry.” I kissed her forehead as her body went weak from the pain and slapped the watch on, running. I can’t describe how many ounces in my body it took for me to not turn back and be with her. I cried out, “Hurry up and sit somewhere!” They jumped on each other and dodged my ride. This was my ride. Mine. And used to be hers. CL tried to stop herself and I could make out the pained expression on her face. I bit my lip and slammed my hand down, “Follow me if you don’t want to be lost!”

I stayed up front, only for three reasons. I had a certain place I wanted to travel to. I felt like I had to be leader for everyone now that CL is gone. And I really needed to cry. my strength, for now, can’t I just be broken. Everything was falling apart. I promised Chae that after today, things could go back to normal. Instead, she turned into one of Spike’s hypnotized robots and I may not be able to see her again. I almost threw up. The thought made me sick.

I was so frustrated and angry with myself. This was all my fault. It all led to me. Every single thing. I cried my heart out for her. I’m such an idiot. I wiped my eyes and sighed heavily. The damage was done. So much damage...and it's because of me.