Special Mission

R.A. (Robot Apocalypse) *Hiatus

Wake up! My eyes opened automatically and I sat up in bed, wiping my forehead.

“CL.” I looked up and nodded at a group of girls who shared the same cabin as me, Tiffany, Jessica and Bora. Bora threw me a towel and smirked, “Go shower. You have a training session with those boys, Minho and Seunghoon.”

I nodded and smiled. Ugh. I hate those guys, better not get attached.

I whispered to myself, walking past them, “Don’t worry. I won’t. It’s just training the young generation.” She scoffed but didn’t say anything else. I brushed my teeth in the bathroom and showered quickly so the other girls could take their turn. But since I was Spike’s right hand, I was already given the privilege of taking a shower first. But ‘she’ thought otherwise. I stepped out of the shower, changing into my training uniform and walking off into the field.

Where are the two bastards?

I scoffed, “What’s with your attitude about them? About any guy?”

They’re not like the people I knew and grew up around… In reality, she was talking about Jiyong. Kwon Jiyong, they’re not like Kwon Jiyong and it was always a problem. Shut up. You know how I feel about him.

“It’s been a long time, give in.” I mumbled, searching the fields and spotting the two soldiers. I walked over to them, feeling my movements slow down, “What the Hell do you want?” I hissed.

Look. It’s been a very painful six months being trapped here like I’m in a cage in my own ing mind. So you’re gonna let me take over for a bit. I widened my eyes and paused, clearing my throat and looking at the boys.

“No. What if we get caught? There’s been a million times we’ve almost been caught with…us inhabiting the same body.”

Let me take over. I’ll be fine. Just give me my body back…this may be hard for you to understand, but I miss acting on my free will. I rolled my eyes.

“No. We can’t. Those boys will notice something is wrong.” I kept walking, only to be stopped by a hard hand on my shoulder. I reacted at once, only to stop and see T. He had been fixed up after the day I became Spike’s right hand. Apparently I was the person who had stuck a Taser inside his hard drive. And I was the one who fixed him up to her dismay.

He spoke dryly, “Spike would like to see you. Now.”

“I-I have training with Minho and Seunghoon.” I replied.

“Now.” He insisted. I nodded and walked into the facility. Robots made a path as I stood, head held high. Spike met me on the tenth floor, looking over at his computer at something.

“CL.”

“Here sir. Is something wrong?”

He turned to me, his voice cheery, “I have detected some of the last human beings on Earth. They’re in the States. Please lead a team to go capture them.”

. No. Please no! I can’t let them take them!-

“I understand sir. I will fix that up as soon as I can.” I spoke abruptly.

Spike clapped his hands loudly, “Great! Please leave as soon as you can.”

…You .

I cringed at her words but smiled at Spike, “Uh, I’ll gather some robots for the mission. Should I bring some other soldiers as well?”

He loudly tapped his chin, the metal echoing in the house. He gestured to his neck and I walked up to him, opening the latch carefully to examine something. Ah, loose wires. Snap it. I almost obeyed her, but stopped myself. I growled lowly at her snicker and tightened the wires with my own hands. It’s why Spike needs us, she says. To fix him up and to make sure he keeps working like new. And ‘she’ always wants to use it to her advantage.

“Do not bring any soldiers.” He whispered, “Even if you’re my greatest soldier…these humans are different and intelligent. They can kill you all if they had the chance.”

But they would never kill me…not even in your state.

“I-I understand sir. I will bring…T, Joker, Granite, Ninja, MK and Saturn.”

Spike clenched his fists and moved his computers around with his fingers, “You might need more robots… You don’t know these humans.”

She chuckled: Yes, I do.

 

Someone tapped my shoulder cursory. I fluttered my eyelids and pulled the blanket over my head. TOP stuttered, “J-Ji…wake up. It’s already seven.”

I groaned, “Never. Let me sleep forever…” It may have been cute if Chaerin was here. If she were in my arms and waking me up by jumping on me like she did when we were kids. But no. I feel like my body and mind have slowly dipped into depression over the past six months without her. I wanted to sleep and never wake up; maybe it would soothe my aching heart. But then even Yongguk would be at a loss on what to do next. I sat up and TOP ruffled my hair like the older brother he was.

Our eyes met and he looked at me with slight sympathy, “Come on. Bom made breakfast.”

“I’m not hungry.” I muttered.

TOP scoffed, “You always say that. But you’re always hungry. Now get up.” He left me alone in the small room. I stared at my watch-her watch. Her picture was set as the screensaver. Her long blonde hair cascaded over her shoulders, her eyes smiling with the curve of her full lips. I missed her so bad.

I stood and pulled a shirt and shorts on, hopping down the steps. “Look who’s up.” Dara called, sipping a glass of orange juice. I narrowed my eyes but she did the same thing and I walked into the huge kitchen. The large wooden tables we brought inside fit every one of us. Bom, Himchan, Daesung, Minzy, Zelo and Youngjae were in the kitchen. Minzy, Daesung and Himchan were each holding frying pans while Bom, Zelo and Youngjae were setting plates down full of food we found at that amazing market.

I was glad we were finally living as normally as we could…but again, nothing was the same. I sat at the head of the tables and sighed. Yongguk ruffled my hair and smiled, “Hey man. Wanna go for a run later today?”

I nodded and smiled gently, “Sure. Is anyone else coming?”

“Jongup, Daehyun, Taeyang, Seungri and Minzy. The others will guard the house.”

“Ok. Fine.” I replied and took the plate of eggs, bacon and toast. “Let me eat and rest first of all.”

“Yeah. Sure.” I ate with the others talking around me and gulped down the food, looking at my watch every few minutes.

Suddenly, everyone broke out into rough whispers that gradually turned into shouts as they tried to shush each other. Great. They’re not telling me something. I grabbed my laser gun and fired out the open window, a boom echoing for miles. They silenced and looked at me anxiously as I set my weapon down. I crossed my arms, “What’s going on?”

Seungri was shoved forward by Dara and he scowled at her. Seungri sighed, “We’ve stayed here too long…we need to move on.”

I tensed my body, “When do you want to leave?”

“After today.”

Wiping my nose, I nodded and tapped the table, “Fine. Then we burn this house down to clear our tracks.” I drank a cup of juice and sighed, “Where to next then?”

“We were thinking about heading into Europe but…Europe is a bit sensitive.”

Sensitive…oh. CL has always wanted to go to Paris. “London.” I said and nodded, “London is fine. Start packing.”

They dispersed while I crawled onto the couch and cuddled with a pillow. My body was feeling tired, my mind was feeling sad…I want to sleep and dream of Chae and never wake up. But something felt off. Today…what was wrong? I tried to sleep, ended up just staring into nothing but my watch, flipping over pictures and videos that CL had taken throughout the ten years. Some made me smile, and some made me laugh…but all of them made me want to cry.

“Running for our lives, yet, we still find time to whip-cream Himchan-hyung in the face.”

I didn’t know Zelo was beside me. He smiled, his curly blonde hair wet from a shower, “You’ve been on this couch for a few hours, I was getting worried.” He explained.

“I’m fine.” I replied and sat up, “I’m going on that run.”

“Ok Hyung. The others are just rounding up.” Zelo stood, his massive height always taking me by surprise. I went to the front door and pulled my shoes on, tying them and already having to try and catch up with the others. No matter. I bolted after them, wind piercing my skin and my eyes. It wasn’t long until we were a block away from the house. Then two, then three…all the way for a mile or two…TOP was the first to rest, which made us all fall to a sitting position.

Taking a look around, we relaxed against the dead road of the neighborhood and gasped for air. I looked at the bright blue sky and suddenly we felt it-a boom. I scrambled up first, taking out my gun and looking at them, “Hurry. They’ve found us.” I started out first, “Leave no survivors!” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Everyone really wanted this story to make a come back-so HERE YOU GO~! Also, some comments were starting to say that this story is like Come Back Home by 2NE1-the M/V of course...and now you guys got me paranoid that YG is reading this story >< Lol, but I seriously love that CRUSH album...this story will continue forward, especially after 'It Takes Three Leaders for a Change'. Then, I might post a new story if you guys get bored cause-the others are so well written, I'm very proud of them. Um...yeah, enjoy, and hopefully the next chapter will be out soon. Love you (.^_^.)

-TAIwin <3