Let’s Do It

R.A. (Robot Apocalypse) *Hiatus

I'm back~! Thanks for you guys who are waiting patiently ^^ (See that I added my treasured SkyDragon tag lol) Yes. This story will have SkyDragon in it. I love 'em too much <3 Plus, my inspiration couldn't handle no couples. So this'll really help. I hope you guys enjoy! (.^_^.)

-TAIwin <3

-----

 

 

 

I stayed awake all day. I couldn’t fall asleep, the fact we’d be found out again made my nerves stand on edge and my eyes unable to close. Plus, my cousin’s lousy snoring was also in the way of me falling to sleep with peace. The night sky was pink with purple streaks in it, clouds here and there. I’ve been watching it change colors all day…and god did it get boring over time. I had enough; I sat up and shuffled my way to Jiyong’s backpack. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind if I took some of his soju. I got up with the bottle and popped it open, wincing, afraid that I’ve woken up someone. But when I looked up, I sighed in relief when they kept on with their dreams. I placed the bottle over my mouth and took a healthy gulp. The delicious flavor dripped down my throat, making me feel a lot calmer.

“Yah, share.” The bottle got yanked out of my hands and I was somewhat shocked to see that it was the Maknae, Zelo. He smirked, “What? Never seen me drink before?” He drank some and sighed happily, “That’s nice.” He handed the bottle back to me, “Can’t sleep Noona?”

I shook my head and jiggled the bottle in my right hand, “Yea, I just don’t want to scramble around when we get discovered again.”

He looked up, his dark blue hair moving with the light wind, “Noona?”

“Yea?”

“Don’t you think we’ll have to surrender someday?” His voice was soft, his feet tracing patterns in the dry dirt. For a second, he actually looked like the Maknae. Even with that freakishly tall height of his. I could tell he was scared, poor guy; he was only sixteen years old. Barely a teenager.

I touched his shoulder and used my best comfort voice, “No, Zelo. But if we do, I promise I won’t let them kill you. They’ll have to get through me first.”

He smiled lightly, “Thanks Noona… I’m sorry if I’m bothering you, it’s just that I’m still not really used to this. It’s only been a year since I came in with you all.” He sat down and pouted. Aw, he’s so cute.

I tousled his hair and sighed, “Zelo, you’re not a bother to anyone. And I know you’re still a bit new to this, but trust me, it’ll get better.” Being the person I was, I gave him a reassuring kiss on the head and he sighed.

“Noona, I don’t know if it will. I know you don’t either.” It was so true. I bit my lip and patted his shoulder. He looked up, his pale face glowing in the dim light, “Noona…what are we gonna do?”

I sat beside him, not caring if he was so much taller than me and leaned on his shoulder, “We have to survive Zelo. You know what that means. We have to stay together.”

“But we’ll have a bigger chance of getting caught.”

Stupid logic. I looked at him, “Do you think it’d be better to split up?” I saw him tense, his muscles clenching under his clothes. It was obvious, he was nervous.

“Well. Yes and no. Each team would have a lesser time of getting caught, but I think it’d also be a bit scarier. I mean, it’d be all of us separated, I don’t think I could survive without your leader skills, Jiyong’s insane gun shots and…it’s just that I keep getting scared so easily. I bet I’ll be first to go down.” I hit him in the back of his head and he winced, “Ow! Noona!” He whined, “What?”

I scoffed, “Don’t be so negative about yourself. Seriously, that will get you down first. Be positive, you will not go down first. None of us will go down.” I tucked some hair back into place and smiled, “I promise, Maknae.”

He shrugged and patted my knee, “Thanks Noona. But don’t make promises you can’t keep.”

“I wouldn’t dare. I’m serious this time, Zelo.” I stood up instantly, “I keep you in the largest group so you can calm down, so that you have more people to lean on. Tell me, did I make the right choice?”

He smiled at me and nodded, “Yes Noona. I feel safe with my team, you did an excellent job.”

I bit my lip and heard myself saying, “Good… Let’s split up then.” I said it louder than I intended to, because Jiyong came to my side the second after I said that. He took my arm and looked me straight in the eye as if I was crazy. I shook him off though, even if I was sketchy about it too. I told him, “I know what I’m doing, Oppa. Do you trust me?”

I squeezed his arm and his gaze melted. I smiled, knowing he couldn’t deny. He sighed and nodded, “Ok. I trust you, Chae.”

But my idiot cousin had more words to say, “Yah! How can you just let my cousin do this?! CL, this is-“

I looked at him and cut him off, “Seungri, do you think we can’t survive in just our teams?” He shut up, “Just because I have a team of all girls doesn’t mean that we can’t survive.”

“That’s not what I meant. You know that, I’m worried for you.” He grabbed my arms and looked at me in the eyes, “I don’t want you to become some robot slave. What will happen to our family if you’re gone?”

I laughed and ruffled his hair, “There’s still you. If I become a robot slave-which I’m most likely not gonna be-you have to stay alive and take down that Spike.”

“But…we’ve always been together, since we were young. I’ve always thought that we should stay together. Chaerin…”

“Oppa. I’ll be ok.” I insisted. I pushed him off lightly and grabbed my bag, “We should get out of here soon.”

Bom grabbed my shoulder, “But where? And CL, this is a risky idea.”

I rolled my eyes and stretched my arms, “Well…” I thought about it, “Big Bang and B.A.P should flee. 2NE1 can head to Spike’s main lair.”

“WE CAN?” Dara squealed, “CL. That’s dangerous!”

“I know. That’s why, I’ll be the only one in there to try and stop him.” The words were so natural, but I didn’t go back on them, “IF I go in there and don’t come out for more than an hour, get outta there.”

Jiyong looked at me, “That is stupid. My team is going with you.” His eyes looked at mine, he looked scared for me. I shook my head and touched his cheek.

“So is mine.” Yongguk growled, “Chaerin, that’s not right. We should be with you guys.”

I gritted my teeth. Why won’t they just listen to me for once? Why won’t they let me do it on my own? It was my father who created the robots. I should stop them. And, it’s not like I’m actually gonna die. It’s only a possibility… I looked at all of them, “Fine. We go to Seoul as soon as possible. Pack it up.” We all hurried to grab our stuff when Jiyong grabbed my arm again.

“Chaerin-ah.”

“Yes Ji-oppa?” His gaze softened again. He always did that when he couldn’t be mean or harsh to me. I smiled, “Something wrong?”

He pulled me closer, “Don’t act like you’re the only one who’s a leader.” I frowned. Was he scolding me with his soft gaze? Is he…mocking me? “We all worry for you. But why are you insisting you do it yourself? Shouldn’t someone else go in with you?”

I yanked my arm away from his, “Ji, I can handle myself.”

“Chae, let me go in there with you.”

“No way. If we both get stuck in there, both of our teams will be without a leader.”

He followed me briskly as I walked back to the dead bleachers, “Then let me go in there alone-”

I widened my eyes and cried, “No!”

“Why not?!” He wondered. I didn’t even know. But there was no way I could let him in there. This was my father’s mess, I can’t bring Jiyong in. I don’t want to bring him in, “Chae, I can do it.”

“So can I. I’m going in and you’re staying out.” I roughly poked his chest and stared at him, using my angriest glare I could manage, “Is that clear?” I usually don’t boss other leaders around. But I had to with Jiyong. This situation was different.

His gaze was hard, his teeth gritted and he crossed his arms. For a second, I thought he was gonna defy me. But he muttered, “Fine, CL.

My arms went limp pathetically, “J-Ji-“ He ignored me and walked off. I couldn’t believe it. He’s being so stupid right now. I turned around and picked up my stuff, looking at a scar that met the light. On my wrist. I looked at it. I remembered when I got it. After my family died and Seungri and I escaped, I had cut myself. But he stopped me and treated the wound. I smiled. Seungri was such a good cousin. I felt bad that one day, he might just leave me. Or vice versa…

 

I couldn’t get any sleep again. Jiyong avoided me throughout the entire day, he didn’t even look at me. I didn’t understand why he was so angry. Shouldn’t he be grateful for me volunteering to possibly save us? Save him? I pressed a hand against my forehead, a drop of rain hitting my eyes. I blinked it away and sat up. Everyone was sound asleep. I lazily stood up and grabbed the blankets from our storage, wrapping them around everyone and slowly pulled their hoods and hats up.

I stopped at Jiyong. He looked so peaceful, his eyes already dabbed with rain drops, both arms tucked under his head. His hood was already up as if he knew it was gonna rain. I pulled up my jacket around me and settled a blanket on his body. His eyes popped open and I jumped a little. He was actually staring at me now. I bent my head down and turned to walk away, but he sat up and whispered, “CL…”

“What happened to ‘Chae’?” I asked, crossing my arms to warm myself up, “Why are you angry at me Oppa?”

He opened his arms out to me. I fought back a smile and stood there and he mumbled, “When we were kids you never hesitated to crawl into my lap. Even a few days ago, you totally buried yourself next to me.”

“I can be stubborn.” I insisted. Jiyong pulled my leg to move towards him.

“You’ll be wet and get a cold. Then you won’t be able to infiltrate Spike’s base.” I scowled and reluctantly shuffled into his blanket. His body felt warm on mine, his arms were so nice against my cold skin. His hand teased the hair on my nape and he whispered, “Why do you want to go in there so badly?”

“It was my Appa’s problem. I’ll fix it for him.” I said, looking at my nails. His nose buried into my neck and pressed my head down on his arm, “I just don’t want anyone to get hurt because of my family’s problems.” My eyes couldn’t look at his, “Especially you.”

I had met Jiyong shortly after Seungri and I managed to run off. Jiyong, TOP, Taeyang and Daesung were his friends since babies. He had wanted them to come with us, as well as Minzy who were neighbors with them. I went to get Minzy, who was around nine at the time. Her family had left and abandoned her, which she didn’t like to talk about. While we were packing up, we were attacked by a smaller robot I knew and called Axel. He grabbed my leg as we ran out the door and I could feel his claws and knives dig into my skin.

Jiyong and Seungri saved me. While Seungri was stabbing the robot through its metal heart, I found solitude in Jiyong’s arms. That was when we met. Out of all the meets, Jiyong’s really made me feel secure. No one else saved me since we were never attacked while recruiting, but even then, I could never shake the first time jitters of me being so pressed up against him.

“I don’t mind getting a little hurt if it meant saving us.” He countered, “Once we destroy Spike, we can remove the chips from the human brains. Everything will be back to normal.” Jiyong sounded so longing for things to be normal, “Everything will be back to where it was.” I blinked, “Well…not everything.”

His grip tightened on me, “We’ll think about that when it happens.”

“Chae?”

I smiled. I couldn’t help it, “Yeah?”

He turned me around and we looked at each other. He had such beautiful eyes, I couldn’t help but trace them. He didn’t seem fazed as my finger dragged over his tired eyelids. He took my hand and kissed it, “Be careful.”

“I will Oppa.”